42 replies to this topic

#21 Marck13

Marck13

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

too bad!

Would be good to have him back for game 4 (for convidence ;)

but ey other guys can, have to and will step up.. I expect to see a lot from Helm & Filp. And still hope to see mor from Huds
"son of a puck"

#22 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

I think we can get through Phoenix this year w/o Zberg. One thing for sure is last years playoffs Zetterberg was a huge factor against PHX and prolly couldn't have won that series without him.

#23 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

Get well soon Hank. Hope the boys can pick up the slack. I'm looking at guys like Miller time and Abby to be productive tomorrow.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#24 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image

O Lord my God and Savior, You rule over all things; You are Zetterberg's physician and comfort in sickness; You deliver Zetterberg from pain. You stretched forth your hand to save your apostle Peter as he was sinking in water. Grant now your merciful aid to Zetterberg and heal his injuries. And as I trustingly call on You, restore Zetterberg to health in your loving kindness. O long-suffering Lord, show Zetterberg your compassion and mercy that he may glorify your divine power and bless your holy Name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and ever and forever. Amen.

#25 Jubilee

Jubilee

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

day-to-day injuries are the most frustrating but most hopeful - with any luck we'll have him back on Sat! But only if he's fully ready, a more serious injury would just result in more serious injury - like what happened with Ozzy

#26 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

Does his beard not start until he plays or does he start it now with the team?

Either way his beard would win in the end.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#27 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

Time for some of the other guys to step it up
IPB Image

#28 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

day-to-day injuries are the most frustrating but most hopeful - with any luck we'll have him back on Sat! But only if he's fully ready, a more serious injury would just result in more serious injury - like what happened with Ozzy

right... if we are lucky he will be back for the start of the second round if not expect halfway into round two. Whoever on here said they saw him skating him skating after the injury is bulls***ting. its hard to believe he skated when he can barley walk.
Posted Image

#29 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

right... if we are lucky he will be back for the start of the second round if not expect halfway into round two. Whoever on here said they saw him skating him skating after the injury is bulls***ting. its hard to believe he skated when he can barley walk.

Agreed. When he does come back, he will be wearing a brace the entire time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a serious injury needing offseason surgery. He will try to force it for later rounds, but right now the dude can't even walk.

#30 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

he shouldnt even play the first round.

#31 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

If we go down 2-0 (very unlikely) I would like to see him get in there for game 3. Him and Pav are better on 1 leg then 75% of the forwards in this league. Otherwise, no need to rush it.

Agreed. When he does come back, he will be wearing a brace the entire time. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a serious injury needing offseason surgery. He will try to force it for later rounds, but right now the dude can't even walk.

The MRI he had said he won't require surgery.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 12 April 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#32 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

If he can't even walk, that worries me. Spare me the Debbie Downer retorts, but if one our of top playoff producers cannot walk the day before the series starts, it's highly optimistic to think he'll be back at some point in that series. I'd say the same thing if it were Pavs, Nick, hell even Homer.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yzerman played on his knee back in 2002. ;)

Hank's knee can't be any worse right? Otherwise, we won't have him for most the year next year.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

If we go down 2-0 (very unlikely) I would like to see him get in there for game 3. Him and Pav are better on 1 leg then 75% of the forwards in this league. Otherwise, no need to rush it.

The MRI he had said he won't require surgery.

Not at this time of the year he doesn't require surgery. Look at Kronner's knee injury from last year, took him the whole rest of the year to get back, and he still wasn't 100%. I think his injury happened sometime January, and he had surgery in the summer. If Z does come back at any time, he won't be 100% and needs to avoid further injury. I know this is a Debbie Downer rant, but I speak the truth!

#35 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

I'm so tired of this beating around the bush bulls***. Just tell me he's out for the first round if it's likely he will be. If he comes back early GREAT, but I don't want to be looking at the news feed with baited breath every damn morning.

This smacks of Datsyuk in the 09 finals all over again. :ranting:

Time for someone to play hero boys. Who's gonna step up?
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#36 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

Time for someone to play hero boys. Who's gonna step up?

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#37 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

^ Not even remotely based on medical knowledge of the situation.

("hey! that dude's got a limp" isn't much of a diagnostic tool, fyi)

Without access to MRI information, an interview or at least some physiological tests from a sports trainer it's ridiculous to conclude anything about Zetterberg's knee.

I strongly doubt he'll play soon but the level of certainty people seem to be drawing from the observations of medical laymen* is crazy.

*I assume the Hockey Night in Canada crew member who originally tweeted the left knee limp doesn't have a background in medicine or related anatomical training.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#38 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:09 PM

God, I hate that son of a ***** Bryan Allen. :ranting:

s***bag keeps doing this to our players. Bertuzzi should kill him the next time we play against a team he's on.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#39 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

esteef

:thumbup:
IPB Image

#40 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

^ Not even remotely based on medical knowledge of the situation.

("hey! that dude's got a limp" isn't much of a diagnostic tool, fyi)

Without access to MRI information, an interview or at least some physiological tests from a sports trainer it's ridiculous to conclude anything about Zetterberg's knee.

I strongly doubt he'll play soon but the level of certainty people seem to be drawing from the observations of medical laymen* is crazy.

*I assume the Hockey Night in Canada crew member who originally tweeted the left knee limp doesn't have a background in medicine or related anatomical training.

There's only so many things it can be when his leg bends like that. Then it is reported he is being carted around the Joe, and wearing a brace which is used for support, which means there is ligament damage. The severity of the injury is listed as 'day-to-day' which it remains to be seen how long that means.