• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

2011 Local (RSN) Ratings

Rate this topic

Not to mention, we have been a revolving door of great talent and haven't had to use #1 or #2 draft picks to be competitive as Pitt and even Chicago has done in recent years. I must say for you to sit back and not acknowledge the fact that Detroit is one of the most successful franchises in all of sports is foolish as well. Your team almost went to Vegas or KC or wherever the hell it was going to go until Uncle Mario saved it. Please, tell me another one Skid Mark fanboy.

Edited by HankthaTank

Considering how the city of Detroit is on a serious decline,(economically) I doubt Detroit will be on the rise in years to come. Unless you think Helm, Abdelkader, Filppula, Hudler and Franzen are the future of this team. Which they aren't btw. But, it will be hard to get good players to come Detroit because there isn't anythign there.

On a side note, I will certainly enjoy having a Cup team for as long as Crosby and Malkin are around.

You guys better run your mouth now, because your times running out.

The Red Wing organization is greater than the sum of its parts. We don't need to ride on the backs of a Crybaby or Malkin in order to succeed. And it isn't hard at all to get good players to come to Detroit. Many players take a pay cut in order to play here. But don't let the facts get in the way of your trolling.

I've had season tickets since 1989. I've always been a die hard Pittsburgh Fan.

ALso --- I read a lot of the responses from your Red Wings fan. And it's more than apparent the majority of this board doesn't know hockey. They just wine and complain....about everything.

Just because you've had a successful team for the most part, doesn't mean your not a bandwagoner. --See the Red Wings board for reference. (That's you guys)

The ratings don't lie by the way. There are some cases, like Boston, who have a huge population, skewe the numbers -- But for the most part they are accurate.

Considering how the city of Detroit is on a serious decline,(economically) I doubt Detroit will be on the rise in years to come. Unless you think Helm, Abdelkader, Filppula, Hudler and Franzen are the future of this team. Which they aren't btw. But, it will be hard to get good players to come Detroit because there isn't anythign there.

On a side note, I will certainly enjoy having a Cup team for as long as Crosby and Malkin are around.

You guys better run your mouth now, because your times running out.

Ironically those two things came out of your argument. You do realize if it wasn't for Lemieux their would be no Penguins anymore right ? I mean he basically spent everything he had along with the cities money to keep them there because they knew after sucking for 6 years in return they would gain good draft picks. Penguins only exist because they bottomed out on purpose, I mean if your such a fan since '1989' you would know this. Oh and people have been saying our time is coming to an end for about two decades now, guess who's still dominating the league year in and year out. As polls take it (see CBC players poll), more players want to play with Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterberg than play with Crosby or Malkin, and would rather have a responsible GM that doesn't have to bottom the team out just to create a somewhat contender. Illitch > any owner.