Guest blueadams

Here's what I'd do:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Modano-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Hudler

Draper

#1) I'd get Pav and Flip back together on the first line, with Homer in front. Those two were ELECTRIC for the brief time they spent together against Pheonix. IMO, Pav and Flip is a much better combo than Pav and Mule...and maybe even better than Pav and Hank right now.

#2) The top six needs a second net-front presence. I'd reuinite an old favorite and put Cleary up there with Hank and Mule.

#3) I'd give Cleary's third line spot to Modano, not Hudler. Modano's big enough to fit in on that line. He's skating well, much better defensively than Huds. I think he'd work better offensively with Abby and Bert than Huds would. He's gonna be hungry. He's embarrased to be scratched. And he's not gonna wanna give that spot up if he gets a shot at it. Hudler, sadly, just isn't contributing enough offensively to make up for his defensive short-comings. I'd consider putting him on the 4th line for Miller I guess.

Zetterberg ought to stop sucking.

Franzen and Cleary are playing like crap too. If these three get going, Wings' offense will be good enough.

I agree with 2/3rds of your post... Franzen and Cleary need to be difference makers. They were way to quiet in game 1. As for Zetterberg I thought he did fine for playing his first game on what 2-3 weeks... The good thing about zetterberg is we know once he gets his legs under him he will get back in to form.

Guest blueadams

so...no one else thinks that not having a net-front presence on the second line (huds-flip-mule) is a problem? i want mule out there sniping, not screening.

I was thinking of having helms line as the 3rd line. Just because the sharks were only rolling 3 lines and the 4th line is no match to their 1st line.

the line combos will work, they just need to get their game on. even the 4th line wasnt being aggressive and hitting.

mule dats homer

Z flip huds.... til Z get his legs back then he centers

miller helm eaves

bert abs clears

I was thinking of having helms line as the 3rd line. Just because the sharks were only rolling 3 lines and the 4th line is no match to their 1st line.

the line combos will work, they just need to get their game on. even the 4th line wasnt being aggressive and hitting.

mule dats homer

Z flip huds.... til Z get his legs back then he centers

miller helm eaves

bert abs clears

I wasn't overly impressed with the 4th line last night. Their shifts against the Shark's fourth weren't as dominating as I expected. However, the Abby line couldn't get anything going.

Z-Flip-Huds is a high skilled line, but they need someone physical to work the corners and front of the net. That line could easily be dominated physically.

idc what anyone says, Pavs and Hank stay together. They were excellent together all game long- - they were the only dominant line we had... they will make Thorton look bad all series long. You guys seem to remember guys like Filps, Franzen, Bert, Cleary and yes, Abdelkator, all took an off night last night... it had nothing to do with line combos. They were simply lazy on the puck, lazy to get the puck and that resulted with a lot of Sharks pressure when Pavs and Hank were not on the ice. It had NOTHING to do with line combos... in fact if Franzen or Fil was playing with Pavs last night it would have made no difference for them because they simply were lacking the desire to play. IMO lines stay somewhat the same, with a slight touch!

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Franzen- Filpulla- Modano

Bert- Abdelkator- Hudler

Eaves- Helm- Cleary

Enough is enough... Modano deserves a chance to play and IMO he has the speed necessary to compete against the Sharks. I would like to see what that 2nd and 3rd line could do... if it works great, if not Babs could change them up. Whatever the lines, PAvs and Hank need to stay together because they showed really good chemestry like 2008 and we need that. What we need more than anything is for the other forwards, not named Pavs and Hank and Homer, to show up WILLING to play and we will beat the Sharks every single time.

Hows about shooting the puck at the net? Sounds like a good plan.

I agree with this. Stop passing 15 times until you lose the puck, just put shots on net or just have Datsyuk be a one man show and dangle around the entire Sharks team for a goal.

Guest mjtm77

Start diving and flopping.

esteef

:thumbup: pull a San jose

Here's what I'd do:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Modano-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Hudler

Draper

#1) I'd get Pav and Flip back together on the first line, with Homer in front. Those two were ELECTRIC for the brief time they spent together against Pheonix. IMO, Pav and Flip is a much better combo than Pav and Mule...and maybe even better than Pav and Hank right now.

#2) The top six needs a second net-front presence. I'd reuinite an old favorite and put Cleary up there with Hank and Mule.

#3) I'd give Cleary's third line spot to Modano, not Hudler. Modano's big enough to fit in on that line. He's skating well, much better defensively than Huds. I think he'd work better offensively with Abby and Bert than Huds would. He's gonna be hungry. He's embarrased to be scratched. And he's not gonna wanna give that spot up if he gets a shot at it. Hudler, sadly, just isn't contributing enough offensively to make up for his defensive short-comings. I'd consider putting him on the 4th line for Miller I guess.

acually like these lines but I doubt Babs will role with these