• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

James Wisniewski

Rate this topic

If we could get Montie for 2.2mil or less to be our 4th/5th DMan I'd be happy. That's a move I'd prefer over signing Hammer and Markov. This is all of course if Holland dumps Salei and Ericsson, which I hope to God he does.

I'm an unapologetic Ericsson supporter and think he gets WAY too much heat for the role he is in here, but I personally think as soon as he raised his price tag over 2m, it was time to let him walk... I think it's all but a certainty at this point that Salei is not being offered a contract unless it's a 2-way deal...

I'm an unapologetic Ericsson supporter and think he gets WAY too much heat for the role he is in here, but I personally think as soon as he raised his price tag over 2m, it was time to let him walk... I think it's all but a certainty at this point that Salei is not being offered a contract unless it's a 2-way deal...

I was for Ericsson to come back at 1.5mil or under. But no way in hell is he worth more than that. Lebda thought he was worth more outside of Detroit and Ericsson will be the new whippin' boy of some other team hopefully as well.

I was for Ericsson to come back at 1.5mil or under. But no way in hell is he worth more than that. Lebda thought he was worth more outside of Detroit and Ericsson will be the new whippin' boy of some other team hopefully as well.

I actually think Ericsson would thrive in quite a few other systems where he was allowed to be a swing-guy ala Mike Green and essentially play as a 4th forward... I even think he would thrive here playing as an offensive dman and being paired with a more stay at home partner, but unfortunately, up to this point, we haven't had an abundance of those for him to play with... look how he did with Lilja when Lilja was healthy...

no one and I mean NO one should be compared to Lebda, that's just down right cruel...

Well yah, that's what I was going for. Wiz for the top 4 role and then Hammer for the back end role. He'd put up as much points as Markov, command less, and stay healthy the entire season. I don't see why you'd turn that down.

Danny Markov, or Andei Markov?

In all seriousness - Markov is good for roughly 50 pts (quite possibly more) in a "healthy" year, and would fit right into Rafalski's spot with little problem.

Right now Hamrlik is usually 30 to 35 pts; not bad at all, but generally not in the same ballpark as Markov...Again Hamrlik would make a fantastic replacement for Ericsson.

Edited by F.Michael

I heard Markov's already been re-signed

That reports was refuted by his Agent, but many rumors are swirling around that he'll be officially signed within the next few days...

Anyway, I'd rather have Wizniewski since I believe he'll thrive here and help with our physical side of the game while putting up 45+ points and PP points as well.

Get the Wiz!

Edited by SwedeLundin77