• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Donaldjr2448

Epic Boooing of Bettman

Rate this topic

It would have been great to see Bobby Orr present the Cup to Boston. Heck, even rolling out Messier for Vancouver would get less boos than Bettman.

Messier would probably receive more boos than Bettman. He sure did while he was playing for them...

It was perfect because they respectfully cheered chara

If I had to cheer only one of Bettman or Chara, it would be Bettman.

As for the general topic, I think it's disgusting that you guys gleefully enjoyed the booing of the Stanley Cup presentation. Or that you think the booing of Bettman is justified when he is simply doing his job, and according to his bosses doing it very well. You make the ESPN argument? The NHL is getting better TV ratings in the US now than it ever has. With more knowledgeable commentators. Hard to argue that ESPN is necessary. The NHL was maybe the #6 or #7 option for ESPN to show; it's the top sport on Versus (soon to be NBC Sports, or something like that) and also has the NHL Network, etc.

If you don't like Bettman because the rules have changed a little in the past twenty years, or because teams have relocated, maybe you should get a time machine to watch the 1926 Cup finals between the Montreal Maroons and the Victoria Cougars with no forward passing allowed, straight stick blades, no helmets or goalie masks, and goalies who aren't allowed to drop to the ice. Just so you can see that hockey does, in fact, change. Maybe you think that a team's ideal fourth line should be Sandy McCarthy/Stu Grimson/Joe Kocur in their primes. Who knows.

Edited by eva unit zero

Messier would probably receive more boos than Bettman. He sure did while he was playing for them...

If I had to cheer only one of Bettman or Chara, it would be Bettman.

As for the general topic, I think it's disgusting that you guys gleefully enjoyed the booing of the Stanley Cup presentation. Or that you think the booing of Bettman is justified when he is simply doing his job, and according to his bosses doing it very well. You make the ESPN argument? The NHL is getting better TV ratings in the US now than it ever has. With more knowledgeable commentators. Hard to argue that ESPN is necessary. The NHL was maybe the #6 or #7 option for ESPN to show; it's the top sport on Versus (soon to be NBC Sports, or something like that) and also has the NHL Network, etc.

If you don't like Bettman because the rules have changed a little in the past twenty years, or because teams have relocated, maybe you should get a time machine to watch the 1926 Cup finals between the Montreal Maroons and the Victoria Cougars with no forward passing allowed, straight stick blades, no helmets or goalie masks, and goalies who aren't allowed to drop to the ice. Just so you can see that hockey does, in fact, change. Maybe you think that a team's ideal fourth line should be Sandy McCarthy/Stu Grimson/Joe Kocur in their primes. Who knows.

100 million households get ESPN in the US and 85 million get VS (with that number growing exponentially every quarter) and that is going to increase even more now that NBC is directly affiliated with them and more people get a NBC package than they do a sports package.

PS, I gave you a +1 for not including Hudler.

Edited by Konnan511

100 million households get ESPN in the US and 85 million get VS (with that number growing exponentially every quarter) and that is going to increase even more now that NBC is directly affiliated with them and more people get a NBC package than they do a sports package.

PS, I gave you a +1 for not including Hudler.

Moreover, Comcast now owns NBC and Versus. Now that Versus is part of NBC, companies like DirecTV won't be able to say "we won't carry that stupid station" because Comcast can respond with "you don't get to have NBC."