Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

per Bob McKenzie...

What do you think?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

per Bob McKenzie...

What do you think?

At his current contract, no. If he clears, they buy him out and is willing to come here at 1m or so, without a doubt.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#3 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

They are talking about him being bought out... I would pick him off of waivers. Cap hit of about 3 million.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#4 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

They are talking about him being bought out... I would pick him off of waivers. Cap hit of about 3 million.

I don't want him at 3m, 1.5-2 TOPS... I'd rather wait until he's bought out and make him an offer then if the brass is interested...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#5 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

At his current contract, no. If he clears, they buy him out and is willing to come here at 1m or so, without a doubt.

This. Current contract is too expensive for a guy who hasn't blossumed much in Minnesota... Not that it means he's a total bust.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#6 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

$3,083,333 is too much? I think if he gets bought out in this market he could get MORE money.

I say take him for this salary.

To please LGW, he is only 25 years old. Ht: 6-3 Wt: 215

ASSETS: Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point, which is especially effective on the power play. Can play a physical brand of hockey.

FLAWS: Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zone coverage in order to become a complete blue-liner. Needs more game-to-game consistency.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Mobile defenseman with all-around upside.

I don't want him at 3m, 1.5-2 TOPS... I'd rather wait until he's bought out and make him an offer then if the brass is interested...

Remember, Ericcson is going to get 2.7... This might be a deal at 3.

#7 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:50 AM

$3,083,333 is too much? I think if he gets bought out in this market he could get MORE money.

ASSETS: Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point, which is especially effective on the power play. Can play a physical brand of hockey.

FLAWS: Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zone coverage in order to become a complete blue-liner. Needs more game-to-game consistency.

Ericsson is rumored at 2.4, maybe less...

Barker has never played here and that uncertainty is scary, so that's also a negative... 3m is too much for a guy that has looked very out of place in Min... also, there's no way he gets MORE after being bought out, if he were that valuable, they'd be able to trade him and wouldn't even consider buying him out and thus, taking part of his caphit... is there still potential there and would I take a chance on the guy, sure, but not at that tag.

Edited by stevkrause, 28 June 2011 - 11:51 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#8 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

"Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zeon coverage". That scares me off at $3 mil. If he's going to be bought out anyways, just wait. If he does get bought out, he should be really cheap and then it'd be worth it to see if he could fit in our system. Its a good gamble, I would be interested to see how he does, but not at $3 mil.

#9 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Just remember, there is a reason he is being (possibly) bought out.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#10 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

Barker's waiver price is $26,250. Can't be bought out unless it's a waiver price of $125. So this is first pass to see if anyone wants him.

If he clears tomorrow at noon, MIN would have to put him back on $125 waivers if they want to buy him out.

- Bob McKenzie's Twitter

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#11 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Normally I'm all for these reclamation projects, but I honestly think Barker is an absolute spud.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 28 June 2011 - 12:27 PM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

I'd take him on re-entry waivers.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Agreed 100%

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#14 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Agree as well.

As for..."Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zeon coverage".Give him a year playing and training with Lids and maybe he'll explode :hehe:

#15 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Agree as well.

As for..."Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zeon coverage".Give him a year playing and training with Lids and maybe he'll explode :hehe:

Even to a lesser extent, just being in our system and playing with the likes of Kronwall and Stuart as welll... I still don't know how sure I am that he can turn it around, but at 1.5, I'll take that chance in a heartbeat!

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#16 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

I am also on the re-entry waivers train. I mean the guy was a 3rd Overall Pick and was doing pretty well until he got traded to the Wild.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#17 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

If we take him on re-entry, what would our cap hit be, and what would we be giving up?

#18 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Normally I'm all for these reclamation projects, but I honestly think Barker is an absolute spud.

I don't disagree. I just am talking practically now. He might be the only way to improve the Defensive corp and get younger this season.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no re-entry process with buy-outs, is there?

#19 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

If we take him on re-entry, what would our cap hit be, and what would we be giving up?

We wouldn't have to give up anything, other than his salary, which would be half (Min would assume the other half) so his hit would be approximately 1.5m (a little over)

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#20 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Also I doubt he would make it to us in a re-entry situation.

I was blown away by how little he progressed in the last two years. When the Wild trade came, I was surprised.

I am not surprised by what happened in Minnesota, that team is a mess now.