• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Not saying PHX will trade RFA dman Keith Yandle, but my sense is PHX will gauge his trade value as it considers all options (trade or sign). Per twitter Bob McKenzie.

Can we do it? What would it cost? Would it possibly be as easy as giving a ton of picks? Hudler, could help them reach the cap floor? :ph34r:
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

I don't see them trading him to Detroit. Somebody will have a better offer anyway, just like with Burns.

Posted Image

#3 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

Yes!

I would love this, but I am not too sure how much Phoenix would want to give up one of their top DMen to the team that has eliminated them from the playoffs 2 years in a row.

But if at all possible, Hudler, Emmerton, Bag of Draft Picks. Get Er Done.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

For a guy like that you don't think we couldn't make a strong package?

What is the maximum you think we should trade for him, if available? Who is untouchable in that deal
?

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'd love to have him. Maybe they need a second-line center? I don't think we are getting anybody for Hudler as the Wings have already tried many teams in the league and got nowhere. But I seriously don't think it will happen. Even if Holland pursued him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#6 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

More reports that they are entertaining offers from clubs... I am digging to see if the wings are one of the teams.

#7 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

This is going to cost an awful lot.

#8 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'd love to have him. Maybe they need a second-line center? I don't think we are getting anybody for Hudler as the Wings have already tried many teams in the league and got nowhere. But I seriously don't think it will happen. Even if Holland pursued him.

What don't they need... I would even give them mccollum if they wanted.

#9 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Love yandle, but it probably starts with B.Smith in the trade. Ofcourse wings wouldnt trade big pieces without a new contract already done with yandle.

#10 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

What do you think of Emmerton, Hudler, Sheahan, Kindl, Larsson, two firsts?

Close?

#11 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

No chance the Wings are one of the teams inquiring about him. Holland doesn't like to give up a ton of assets like this. If you can get him without giving up Brendan Smith I'd explore the possibility but that's highly unlikely.

#12 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

What do you think of Emmerton, Hudler, Sheahan, Kindl, Larsson, two firsts?

Close?

overpayment imo
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#13 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Love yandle, but it probably starts with B.Smith in the trade. Ofcourse wings wouldnt trade big pieces without a new contract already done with yandle.

That can be done... I wouldn't rush to offer them Smith though, I would try everything else first.

#14 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

Whatever Holland can offer, 20 other teams can offer something 2x better.

Threads like these is why people get pissed at Holland, because they think he can pull a rabbit out of his at whenever he wants.

pipe dream.

#15 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

No chance the Wings are one of the teams inquiring about him. Holland doesn't like to give up a ton of assets like this. If you can get him without giving up Brendan Smith I'd explore the possibility but that's highly unlikely.

overpayment imo

Can't be both overpayment and not enough... Can it?

I think for a shot at winning a cup this year and getting another piece in place it might be worth it...

Any suggestions on how to make a deal based on those players?

#16 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

overpayment imo

Lol. That's underpayment. No way would they take our trash for Keithf****** Yandle.

Emmerton won't ever play for time on the Wings, Hudler is... well Hudler, Kindl got beat out by Salei last year. Sheahan has been uninspiring, Larsson is in some other country throwing hissy fits because he can't crack the DRWs lineup.. but the two firsts will be more like 2nds.

#17 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Might be our last shot for a cup for Lids, should try and make the team as good as it can be.

#18 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

The only way to get Yandle, imo, would be giving up a load of prospects as well as someone like Flip. And the only way I could even remotely see Holland doing anything like that would be if he thinks Yandle could be a long term replacement for Lidstrom as our number 1 D. I'd also imagine that in a case like that Smith would be untouchable and ideally eventually become a 1/2 of Yandle/Smith.

Yandle put up some great numbers last year and if you look furthur back was a beast in the Q. I personally think he has that number 1 potential. But I also think that there is less than a 1 in a million chance Kenny pushes that hard to get Yandle when he seems more than content to wait out the crazy UFA signings and seeing what is left over.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#19 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

It's looking like Yandle is going to get dealt.

TheFourthPeriod David Pagnotta I'm not saying a Yandle trade is close, but it's been/being explored. Word on the street is he's concerned with future of team in Phoenix.

#20 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

yandle would be great. but id rather have bogo at this point. call me crazy (which you will) but i think the combo of his right shot, size, and youth (20) makes him very appealing. I think Phx will want more for Yandle (a number 1 guy) than WPG will want for Bogosian, and WPG has a pretty good d without him as well and PHX doesn't. I can also see yandle wanting a bigger cap hit than bogo...

Regardless, id be happy with either long term. we don't have much choice but to pay up.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?