• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Yandle on the block?

Rate this topic

Not saying PHX will trade RFA dman Keith Yandle, but my sense is PHX will gauge his trade value as it considers all options (trade or sign). Per twitter Bob McKenzie.

Can we do it? What would it cost? Would it possibly be as easy as giving a ton of picks? Hudler, could help them reach the cap floor? :ph34r:

Yes!

I would love this, but I am not too sure how much Phoenix would want to give up one of their top DMen to the team that has eliminated them from the playoffs 2 years in a row.

But if at all possible, Hudler, Emmerton, Bag of Draft Picks. Get Er Done.

I'd love to have him. Maybe they need a second-line center? I don't think we are getting anybody for Hudler as the Wings have already tried many teams in the league and got nowhere. But I seriously don't think it will happen. Even if Holland pursued him.

I'd love to have him. Maybe they need a second-line center? I don't think we are getting anybody for Hudler as the Wings have already tried many teams in the league and got nowhere. But I seriously don't think it will happen. Even if Holland pursued him.

What don't they need... I would even give them mccollum if they wanted.

No chance the Wings are one of the teams inquiring about him. Holland doesn't like to give up a ton of assets like this. If you can get him without giving up Brendan Smith I'd explore the possibility but that's highly unlikely.

Love yandle, but it probably starts with B.Smith in the trade. Ofcourse wings wouldnt trade big pieces without a new contract already done with yandle.

That can be done... I wouldn't rush to offer them Smith though, I would try everything else first.

Guest Heaten

Whatever Holland can offer, 20 other teams can offer something 2x better.

Threads like these is why people get pissed at Holland, because they think he can pull a rabbit out of his at whenever he wants.

pipe dream.

No chance the Wings are one of the teams inquiring about him. Holland doesn't like to give up a ton of assets like this. If you can get him without giving up Brendan Smith I'd explore the possibility but that's highly unlikely.

overpayment imo

Can't be both overpayment and not enough... Can it?

I think for a shot at winning a cup this year and getting another piece in place it might be worth it...

Any suggestions on how to make a deal based on those players?

Guest Heaten

overpayment imo

Lol. That's underpayment. No way would they take our trash for Keith ******* Yandle.

Emmerton won't ever play for time on the Wings, Hudler is... well Hudler, Kindl got beat out by Salei last year. Sheahan has been uninspiring, Larsson is in some other country throwing hissy fits because he can't crack the DRWs lineup.. but the two firsts will be more like 2nds.

The only way to get Yandle, imo, would be giving up a load of prospects as well as someone like Flip. And the only way I could even remotely see Holland doing anything like that would be if he thinks Yandle could be a long term replacement for Lidstrom as our number 1 D. I'd also imagine that in a case like that Smith would be untouchable and ideally eventually become a 1/2 of Yandle/Smith.

Yandle put up some great numbers last year and if you look furthur back was a beast in the Q. I personally think he has that number 1 potential. But I also think that there is less than a 1 in a million chance Kenny pushes that hard to get Yandle when he seems more than content to wait out the crazy UFA signings and seeing what is left over.

yandle would be great. but id rather have bogo at this point. call me crazy (which you will) but i think the combo of his right shot, size, and youth (20) makes him very appealing. I think Phx will want more for Yandle (a number 1 guy) than WPG will want for Bogosian, and WPG has a pretty good d without him as well and PHX doesn't. I can also see yandle wanting a bigger cap hit than bogo...

Regardless, id be happy with either long term. we don't have much choice but to pay up.

If Holland has even the smallest of chances to obtain Yandle, he had better take it. As long as it doesn't cost Smith, I'm fine with it, within reason.

At some point, Holland is going to have to give up some picks to make these things happen. When it's someone young and already becoming established, it's not wasting a pick.

Yandle is only 24. He would be the anchor of the defense for the next 10+ years. He put up 59 points on a team that doesn't know the meaning of the word offense. This is probably a pipe dream, but it would be incredible if Holland could just man up and trade a couple assets.

yandle would be great. but id rather have bogo at this point. call me crazy (which you will) but i think the combo of his right shot, size, and youth (20) makes him very appealing. I think Phx will want more for Yandle (a number 1 guy) than WPG will want for Bogosian, and WPG has a pretty good d without him as well and PHX doesn't. I can also see yandle wanting a bigger cap hit than bogo...

Regardless, id be happy with either long term. we don't have much choice but to pay up.

Don't tell me what I will do... You're insane.

See, I didn't call you crazy!

I like bogosian, and would def love for the wings to get him. Hes still very young, but Yandle is more established and a safer bet. People think hes a norris candidate in a better market. Plus from what I hear the jets want more then hes worth.