• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shoreline

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Rate this topic

Is the alchemy/smithing loop thing patched? It totally breaks the game IMO. And yes, I know you don't HAVE to do it. But I'm always a perfectionist when playing, so I kinda do. Powergaming comes first for me, roleplaying after that. If I start to play Skyrim again I want to complete everything possible. But I hate you can make +324235345% weapons and stuff.

Also, I hate the legendary skills thing which basically makes the idea of different builds useless. Character building for me has always been one of the main things in RPGs. Then again Skyrim is such a massive game it doesn't hurt to make a character that has the ability to be perfect in everything.

Is the alchemy/smithing loop thing patched? It totally breaks the game IMO. And yes, I know you don't HAVE to do it. But I'm always a perfectionist when playing, so I kinda do. Powergaming comes first for me, roleplaying after that. If I start to play Skyrim again I want to complete everything possible. But I hate you can make +324235345% weapons and stuff.

Also, I hate the legendary skills thing which basically makes the idea of different builds useless. Character building for me has always been one of the main things in RPGs. Then again Skyrim is such a massive game it doesn't hurt to make a character that has the ability to be perfect in everything.

Yes most of that stuff has been patched. You can go into your hard drive, delete the update, and play the game offline if you want to max smithing, they reconnect online and let it patch. It won't eliminate any progress.

I'm actually playing a non-patched game at the moment, simply because I hate being so damn weak at the beginning of the game. By spamming out iron daggers, I can at least get to a point where I can hold my own in the world faster than if not.

And you know you're pretty early in the game when your major accomplishment for an entire evening of playing is being able to walk from Whiterun to Morthal without getting killed along the way. Hooray!!

My previous character (made unplayable by a game glitch) was a level 51 archer, with a Dragonbone bow at base damage 400-something, and able to slow time by 50% when zooming. Going from that, to an Imperial bow, with no zoom/slow time, damn near getting killed by every bear I see... You might understand why I'm so anxious to get up and running again.

Is anyone beta testing the new Elder Scrolls Online??

Nope, but i'm hearing mixed reviews. I'm not big on the pay-per-month subscription types of games like WOW so it's likely one i'm not going to get into myself.

I found a pretty excellent alternative for those of you who have played and beaten Skyrim inside and out.. it's called Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It plays more like Fable as a 3rd person action RPG but has the depth and massive scale of Skyrim. The game is enormous, there are countless amounts of things to do, it has sagecraft, alchemy, blacksmithing, and just about everything else Skyrim has to offer. I am currently 30 hours into the game as I picked it up for $10 a week ago, and I have only seen 1 of 5 regions of the game and feels like i've barely scratched the surface.

For anyone looking for another tremendously sized RPG to get into it I can't recommend it enough, I am personally loving the game and not sure how I didn't get into it earlier. Downsides are the storyline is a bit weak, there is repetitiveness in quests (as with most if not all RPGs) and it isn't nearly on an epic of a scale as Skyrim. With that said, it's everything I always wished Fable would have been and it's quickly becoming a console favorite of mine. Give it a look.

Just watched some youtube videos from it and a guy summed it up as "a much more streamlined low budget version of Skyrim without the same freedom that's charging 60$ + 15$ a month + cash shop"

As for alternatives I'm still Path of Exile here and there, but boy finding groups at 68+ that aren't farming the thing over and over, over .....is a pain in the ass mostly the search board is filled with WTS WTB requests

Is anyone beta testing the new Elder Scrolls Online??

I'm beta testing right now and not really enjoying it. The interface seems clunky. Games locked up 6 times already, which it's beta I get it, but still aggravating. I can't see me buying and paying monthly for it.