• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/15 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blues 2

Rate this topic

Kronwall's career has not been ruined, nor was it nearly ruined. Methinks you're overreacting.

In all fairness, Kronwall could have been seriously injured on the play if not for moving his head before he hit the boards.

I don't think that was Stewart's intention though, just making a point, and very grateful that he wasn't.

In all fairness, Kronwall could have been seriously injured on the play if not for moving his head before he hit the boards.

I don't think that was Stewart's intention though, just making a point, and very grateful that he wasn't.

If Kronwall did not turn his head at the last second theres a good chance Kronwall would have been seriously injured. That play was reckless at best. Thank god he did not get hurt as that would have been messed up.

I think after your player tried to ruin someones career the officials decided to do the right thing and call against your dirty team.

Thanks for your input... but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

These are the games in which Detroit needs Datsyuk and Z to step up. We cannot continue to be carried by our streaky 2nd liners. It's sad to see Mule 1st on the team with 9 goals and then to see the next top forwards in goal scoring only having 3.

It's message sending time for the two top stars.

Edited by dragonballgtz

These are the games in which Detroit needs Datsyuk and Z to step up. We cannot continue to be carried by our streaky 2nd liners. It's sad to see Mule 1st on the team with 9 goals and a tie for second with 3 goals to Z and Flip. It's message sending time for the two top stars.

Bench Z, and call up Mitchell Callahan :cool:

I don't want to come off as petty, because the Blues did win the game...but that fact aside...

I didn't have a huge problem with most of the calls against the Blues. But some of them were ticky-tack-barely-a-penalty calls...like the supposed hook on Arnott that was really just a stick lift. That was lame.

My main gripe is with all of the penalties that weren't called on Detroit...and it was more than just the no-call on the trip.

Just in the 3rd period alone...

- There was the no-call on the trip when everyone stopped skating, thinking it was a penalty.

- There were at least two blatant interference no-calls that I remember...one where Howard badly interfered with...someone...I forgot who around the net.

- There was the horrible icing call late in the game.

- There was a hook on Oshie (I think it was Oshie) that negated a scoring chance.

And I feel like I'm forgetting another one...anyway...

The fans were pissed...the Blues bench was livid...the announcers were wondering what was going on...mainly because when they are calling the Blues for pretty much everything, and not calling anything on Detroit, especially on what seemed to be blatant penalties. That's where the issue is as far as I am concerned. Call it the same for both teams..or at least close to the same. It was most certainly NOT an evenly called game last night.

I'd be a lot more annoyed today if we had lost and the penalties went down the same way.

And I know this isn't the case, but it was like the refs were trying to give Detroit every opportunity to come back and tie the game. I hate it when people talk like that, but damnit if it didn't seem like that last night.

And it wasn't just bad calls against St. Louis. Detroit got hosed when Steen stepped on the puck with a few minutes to go.

In short...horribly reffed game. One of the worst I've seen in some time.

I'm just glad the Blues were able to overcome the reffing and pull out the 2-1 win in a very exciting game.

I love the undertoned pokes and jabs. join the club. You know how many times we have gotten the shaft on calls and goals getting called off because homer was 3 feet away from the goalie and the other team gets to run howard and the goal always counts? don't cry to us about unfair ref'n and all that. "And I know this isn't the case, but it was like the refs were trying to give Detroit every opportunity to come back and tie the game. I hate it when people talk like that, but damnit if it didn't seem like that last night." really? you hate when people talk like that but you still did it. give the whole *the league is helping the wings every chance they get* crap and take it back to the blues board. don't you think if that were the case we wouldn't be losing 5-6 games in a row? I seen calls that should have been called against the blues that weren't....does that mean the league is helping you guys FINALLY win?

I can agree with CPrice if the calls were going the other way like that then I wouldn't be happy at all, the Stewart major made the PP time look worse then it was but still the Blues just ran the Wings up and down the ice anyway.

I can agree with CPrice if the calls were going the other way like that then I wouldn't be happy at all, the Stewart major made the PP time look worse then it was but still the Blues just ran the Wings up and down the ice anyway.

ok....they had 25 pim....take away 10mins for the game misconduct and the 5min major....you have left 10 pim....2 more then the wings were given.....and it looked like the refs were trying to help the wings? give me a break.

Would love to know what cprice thought of the penalty that lids got for tripping last min of the game. Let me answer it for him...."it was a good call and was obviously a trip". even though lids stick never really touched his skate.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Here is my problem with the Wings, and this will ultimately spell their success or failure this season. They a re 8-0 when Franzen and Filpulla get poiints in a game. That should not be the case... the case should be us saying the Wings are successful when Datsyuk and Zetterberg are getting points, leading us to wins. That is not the case, and ultimately, that is the problem. Mike Babcock is just as much to blame for this as Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Zetterberg has at least at linemates to play with this season that have potential (whether its been Pavs, or Franzen and Fil). Meanwhile, Pavs has been stuck with Cleary for way too long, and has not been able to get going. Babcock should have realized, like 5 games ago, that Cleary deserves nothing but a seat in the press box with his play this season, but yet he continues to play with our best forward. If the Red Wings are to be successful this season, it is the job of Mike Babcock to do all he can to do what it takes to get Pavs and Hank going, so changes need to be made. In my opinion, during the slump, even though the Wings were not scoring, Pavs and Hank were still playing well with each other and have since then looked un-interested at times. To get them playing at the level they should be, Babs should put them back together and, in the process, call them out and tell them that they need to be as good as expected. The lines should be:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer (For reasons said above, and Homer has played hard and given it his all every game- deserves top line minutes)

Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler (Hudler has played way harder than Cleary all season and has not made even close to the amount of mistakes)

Abdelkator- Helm- Brunnstrom(I love Helmer with Abs, and I think Brunnstrom should be given a good chance to play and I think he could add a nice threat to this line.)

Eaves- Emmerton- Cleary (Cleary probably should be scratched a few games, but I think he would do fine and this would be a good 4th line)

Great post. I have no idea how Babcock and Holland can surround one of the top players in the game with the likes of Bertuzzi, Cleary or even Homer (at this point of his career). Homer gets the nod for now, but how in the hell do you not reward/punish based on performance? I miss Scottie. s*** would be rolling right about now.

ok....they had 25 pim....take away 10mins for the game misconduct and the 5min major....you have left 10 pim....2 more then the wings were given.....and it looked like the refs were trying to help the wings? give me a break.

Would love to know what cprice thought of the penalty that lids got for tripping last min of the game. Let me answer it for him...."it was a good call and was obviously a trip". even though lids stick never really touched his skate.

I'm not sure why these fans from other teams come in here and do that...

I love the undertoned pokes and jabs. join the club. You know how many times we have gotten the shaft on calls and goals getting called off because homer was 3 feet away from the goalie and the other team gets to run howard and the goal always counts? don't cry to us about unfair ref'n and all that.

I don't think there was anything undertoned about my post. I think I was quite clear and upfront about what I meant.

Should I clarify for you?

And don't bring up Homer getting jobbed. I can't tell you the number of times I have seen him bump/obstruct the goalie and gotten away with it. I'm sure there are goals called off that should have counted, but that's his own fault for being on top of the goalie and bumping him often. He has a reputation. Live by the sword and die by it. He's gotten away with a lot...I'm sure it pretty well evens out.

"And I know this isn't the case, but it was like the refs were trying to give Detroit every opportunity to come back and tie the game. I hate it when people talk like that, but damnit if it didn't seem like that last night." really? you hate when people talk like that but you still did it.

Uh, yeah...that's why I said it.

Most of the time I hate it when people say the refs are biased...and I'm not saying the refs were biased by any means..I'm sure they aren't, but if someone where to point to the 3rd period of that game and say the refs were biased against the Blues, they'd have people wondering if they actually are biased. MY POINT IS, THE REFFING WAS BAD AGAINST ONE TEAM NUMEROUS TIMES LATE IN A ONE GOAL GAME, HENCE THE FOCUS ON IT. That's what my long winded answer is trying to say.

give the whole *the league is helping the wings every chance they get* crap and take it back to the blues board. don't you think if that were the case we wouldn't be losing 5-6 games in a row?

Again, you aren't getting it.

I don't think the league is trying to help the Wings win. It just seemed that way in the 3rd period of that game. Huge difference. And like I said...I'd have been way more upset had the Wings tied it on one of their late power plays.

It was 6 power plays to 3 for the game.

And like I said...it wasn't just the penalty discrepancy. It had everything to do with non-calls against the Wings, followed up by a call against the Blues in the 3rd period in a one goal game. It's not just me dude. The fans at the game, the Blues bench, the play by play guys, comments on the nightly news sportscast, etc.

It's crazy how you didn't see it.

No, you're wrong. Read my post above...I mentioned it.

Obviously the Wings got screwed on that. But it doesn't make up for the trainwreck of a reffing job that went on in the previous 15+ minutes.

I'm not sure why these fans from other teams come in here and do that...

Um, because I am a Blues fan and this is a Blues-Red Wings GDT...?

Just a thought.

Just talking hockey.

Edited by cprice12