• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Bobby Ryan/Jarome Iginla watch

Rate this topic

Be upset all you want about someone mentioning Franzen, but he is just too inconsistent for my liking. Bobby Ryan and Jerome Iginla are waaaaaaay better than Franzen. You guys want to improve this team but you only want to offer scrubs that nobody wants. It takes talent to acquire talent. Hudler isn't gonna bring us anything, Miller isn't either. Holland tried trading Hudler all summer and nobody wanted him with all his "potential." He has worse value now. You have to trade someone unless you are perfectly fine with Franzen scoring 20 points in 10 games then disappearing for 20, then scoring 20 more in 15, then disappearing for the rest of the season and playoffs.

Er, Franzen doesn't exactly disappear in the playoffs.

I agree with you on a lot of this, but Bobby Ryan's inconsistency is what has brought up all the rumours to begin with. Even last year, he had a five-game pointless drought where Franzen's longest drought was four. Ryan this year has already had two four-game pointless slumps and a three gamer, while Franzen had a six-gamer, but nothing else over two.

Last year, Franzen had a six-game point streak and a five, while Ryan had two fives and a four. This year, Franzen has three four-game streaks already while Ryan has only had a three.

Er, Franzen doesn't exactly disappear in the playoffs.

I agree with you on a lot of this, but Bobby Ryan's inconsistency is what has brought up all the rumours to begin with. Even last year, he had a five-game pointless drought where Franzen's longest drought was four. Ryan this year has already had two four-game pointless slumps and a three gamer, while Franzen had a six-gamer, but nothing else over two.

Last year, Franzen had a six-game point streak and a five, while Ryan had two fives and a four. This year, Franzen has three four-game streaks already while Ryan has only had a three.

I agree to a point, but he isn't getting any younger and he is only as good as his last performance and that was 3 points in 8 playoff games. For being our only thing closest to a pure scorer that we have, that is unacceptable, but yes it was only one off year, so maybe (I hope) he goes back to a point a game in this years playoff. While I admit I do not know too much about Bobby Ryan on a consistent level, I do know it seems everytime the Wings play the Ducks he is always factoring in someway, same as Iginla against the Flames.

It doesn't really matter, but if people want these type of players here, they have to understand that Holland cannot get them by offering 20 of our scrubs. We are all going to have our favorite players that we would never want to see be traded and will always offer up a different player in a scenario. Me, I'd rather keep Filppula than Franzen or Hudler since I think he brings a more complete game to the table, but if even trading him would get us that legit #1 pure scorer, then I would't have an issue, especially if Franzen returns to form as a serious scoring threat every night.

I don't really know how the coaching change will affect the Ryan situation, I doubt they'll move him now, but if he'll still on the market, anybody think there's a chance we could package Stuart with some others for a trade? I know he wants to go back to Cali and the Ducks defense is pretty poor, so maybe they'd be interested. I absolutely don't want to see Stuart go, but if his mind is set on it, then it might work for all parties.