• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/2 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Sabres 1

Rate this topic

Just saw the hit on dvr playback. The Buffalo feed showed a different angle from behind and to the right of McNabb as it cut to commercial and it looked like shoulder to visor but it may have been a result of initial contact to the chest. Like the head came forward after the first contact. I don't have a better angle.

Very funny segment on Red Wings live.

Do tell for those of us who aren't able to see it, please. :)

Edited by TheXym

Just saw the hit on dvr playback. The Buffalo feed showed a different angle from behind and to the right of McNabb as it cut to commercial and it looked like shoulder to visor but it may have been a result of initial contact to the chest. Like the head came forward after the first contact. I don't have a better angle.

Do tell for those of us who aren't able to see it, please. :)

A newer Red Wings reporter (the name escapes me right now) was doing a segment on the different nationalities in the Wings dressing room and asked a few of them to teach him some phrases in their native language, they responded by saying funny things to him in their language.

Ideal win for the Wings, yet I wish they could have preserved the shutout for Jimmy who played great.

Loving Fil's development, glad he's proving me wrong! :thumbup:

#41 looked good, that was a speedy line.

If the Wings continue to play like they did tonight, they will be hard to beat.

Is anyone else tired of hudler on the point for the powerplay? Do not get me wrong he has been playing well. But a PP QB he is not, why dont they give Kindl a shot at the PP?

yes, I well telling my friend the exact samething during the game. Hudler has been playing some good hockey, but he seems to struggle keeping it int he zone at the point. Plus he's been caught a few times when trying to settle it down.

yes, I well telling my friend the exact samething during the game. Hudler has been playing some good hockey, but he seems to struggle keeping it int he zone at the point. Plus he's been caught a few times when trying to settle it down.

Hudler's been working hard, though overall still has been a disappointment. But I really don't understand Babs insisting on using him on the point. That's built to highlight his weaknesses. Hudler is so much more effective down low. If you're going to give him ice time on the PP, at least put him in a role where he's more likely to succeed.

As for Kindl, it's hard to believe he'd do any worse on the point. And they'd at least have a defenseman back at the point who's reasonably quick.

I only saw the highlights of the game, but what an awesome play by Zetterberg on Flip's goal. When Babcock refers to Z as a puck hound, that's what he's talking about. And it sounds like it was another awesome performance from Jimmy. The Wings have been streaky so far this season, but Jimmy's been rock solid.

Agreed. He only seems effective on the PP when he pinches down low anyway and makes a pass, having him on the point is pretty useless. We don't have any great options for the point, but since Big E and Kindl have been shooting the puck a lot, I'd even prefer them out there.

Agreed. He only seems effective on the PP when he pinches down low anyway and makes a pass, having him on the point is pretty useless. We don't have any great options for the point, but since Big E and Kindl have been shooting the puck a lot, I'd even prefer them out there.

I'd put Kindl out there before Big E. Kindl doesn't have a great shot, but he's been much more effective at getting it off quick and getting it through to the net, or at least deep in the zone.

And I'd put Smith out there over either one of them.

Went up 3 early, then got very lazy and played that way for the next one and a half periods. Jimmy was great and should have had a shutout; Buffalo scored on a total defensive breakdown.

Abdelkader got run by McNabb and left the game. No word on his condition, absolutely no response by the other Wings.

Was there a penalty on the play?

Ditto, except swap out Datsyuk for Homer.

Good stuff. I saw lots of Datsyuk's last night.

I always enjoying seeing who people get on the back of their Wings jersey, or which one they wore that night (I have 4, Yzerman, Shanahan, and McCarty along with Holmstrom). I saw only one other Holmstrom, some girl two rows behind the Wings bench. As expected there was a lot of Yzerman and Lidstrom, a good amount of Datsyuk and Zetterberg. I saw Franzen, Kronwall, Fedorov, Konstantinov, Howard, Draper, McCarty, Howe, Lindsay, and Filppula too. A good mix of choices.

Glad to see the wings are playing better. I wish they were a little more physical though....I guess we will wait and see what happens when the trade deadline rolls around. We need Z to start scoring more.

I am so glad FINALLY Babcock decided to put Helm and Cleary back together, they, along with Eaves were great last season! I think Conner fit in perfectly on that line too! A few of us have been screaming for Eaves-Helm-Cleary all year long and even with Conner in his place, that line was great! Cleary just looks a lot more comfortable on the wing with Helm instead of in the top 6. From what I saw of Conner last night, he belongs here more than Brunnstrom, it seems like Brunnstrom is pretty much a failed experiment, IMO. All in all I think the lines are doing pretty good right now. Filppula is much better with Dastyuk or Zetterberg than being to leader of his line. I am still not happy with Hudler, but we seem to be stuck with him, so...wherever he can slide into is fine.

D-wise, I sure wish Commodore could get in there for a stretch of games so we can really see what he brings, I just don't think Babcock will ever do it. Maybe Commie slept with Bab's wife or something, because he sure does hate him for some reason. I know things are going well right now, but the more he sits, the rustier he gets. He may come in and stink, or he may do well (we still lack that muscle in front of Howard.) I believe he needs to play in about 5-10 games in a row in order for us to know whether he will be good or bad. So far (minus when he was injured) he has only been given spot play, and I do not know when it was he last played, but he hasn't been able to get into a groove. It's reminds me of Modano last season, who (outside his injury) I blame Babcock for spoiling what should've been our hometown hero's swan song. I do seriously question Babcock sometimes, but he is making the money instead of me, so I guess he must know....I guess...anyhow, I would give Ericsson a sit down and let Commodore play about 10 in a row to show that he either is or isn't a top 6 defender anymore. If he fails, then he can remain that #7 guy, if he turns out to be that muscle we are missing, then that makes this team that much better.