WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

Goodnight everyone.

Good activity on the GDT tonight!

Go win! Just 1 more point till Chicago.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#302 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

If Cleary weren't such a horrible player, Filppula would have had 4 points. FML.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#303 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

wooooooooo way to go boys!!!!! King Jims with his 24th win already! What a stud. Good to see Zetterberg with a multi point game and obviously Huds with his 2 ginos and Flips a solid 2 points

#304 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Shame no one could get an empty netter. And a big lol at Bert putting whoever it was that hit Dats into our bench. Overall not sure about this game against and injured Dallas squad however I'll give it a :thumbup: for the W.

#305 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Not sure if this was mentioned in the 15 pages but stars fan in first row behind stars bench (green hat... Dallas tee) was bannnngin!!!

Nice win Z looked awesome tonight, finally!

#306 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

If Cleary weren't such a horrible player, Filppula would have had 4 points. FML.

You just can't put Cleary up higher than the 3rd line. He is a third line player, nothing more. Bab's needs to keep him in that spot...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#307 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Sweden Wins, Detroit Wins and Canada loses.

Perfect night!

#308 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

The Wings are way too nonchalant with that empty-net. There were too many Stars back each time they got it for them to be passing it around. That could have really come back to bite them.

In any event, for the number of times that Jimmy has bailed the Wings out over the course of this season, they owed him one. Five goals will do.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#309 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

It's not perfect!

Hudler for MAYOR didn't get us some curly fries. :(

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#310 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

The Wings are way too nonchalant with that empty-net. There were too many Stars back each time they got it for them to be passing it around. That could have really come back to bite them.

In any event, for the number of times that Jimmy has bailed the Wings out over the course of this season, they owed him one. Five goals will do.

I don't have a problem with that. Dallas was too busy keeping the Wings from scoring to try to score themselves. Burned up time. Works for me. :)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#311 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Shame no one could get an empty netter. And a big lol at Bert putting whoever it was that hit Dats into our bench. Overall not sure about this game against and injured Dallas squad however I'll give it a :thumbup: for the W.

That was Ott. He deserved it!

Great GDT tonight, Mike should be happy.

Night all.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#312 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Howard with a mulligan.

Bertuzzi with a LOLtastic play on Ott. f***** deserves it.

Even Lidstrom was getting into it. Punching Morrow and throwing him to the ice was classic.

I'll take the win.

Posted Image

#313 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sweden Wins, Detroit Wins and Canada loses.

Perfect night!

Michigan is winning as well.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#314 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Nyquist impressed :clap:

#315 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

I don't have a problem with that. Dallas was too busy keeping the Wings from scoring to try to score themselves. Burned up time. Works for me. :)

What I mean is someone would have a prime shot at the empty net and then he'd dish it off because that's what guys like to do when they're facing empty-netters, which is okay when there are no defenders around like usual but super not okay when there are defending sticks in lanes and a bad pass could lead to a turnover and a rush going the other way. Take the shot, put the game away.

Minor complaint, I guess, but I was very annoyed during the last minute when they had at least two shots to finish and passed them up. They may not be so lucky in the future.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 03 January 2012 - 10:55 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#316 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

Too bad Huds couldn't get me a legitimate reason to go to Arby's tomorrow. Oh well, still a great game, and Gus did a good job, along with getting his first NHL point.

#317 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

Val Filppula is very under-rated on this team of bigger stars. He's been amazing.

And good for Hudler with the first star tonight. Way to go, Jiri! :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#318 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

anyone have video of bert putting ott into the bench or lidstrom hitting morrow? i must have missed them
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#319 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Val Filppula is very under-rated on this team of bigger stars. He's been amazing.

And good for Hudler with the first star tonight. Way to go, Jiri! :thumbup:

"Don't forgetta stairs buddy"

#320 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Good Win. I wish I didn't have to miss it. Oh Well! GO RED WINGS!