Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/8 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#561 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Imagine where we'd be in the standings had we won last night in Toronto :angry:

#562 Forecheck808

Forecheck808

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

When Datsyuk baited Kane into the corner and then drove the net it became blatantly obvious the game was over. Datsyuk has the sickest mind games.

#563 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

It's more like they exchanged punches. Montador hit him first. I doubt he'll be suspended for that.

Montador did hit him first but I don't think he was expecting a punch to the head. All in all I hope there's no riff raff for the Wings sake.

#564 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

Datsyuk not one of the three stars ??

#565 Ernesto_182

Ernesto_182

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Such a hard game! and two early goals that made it apparently more difficult. The good thing is we turned it around and won the game.

Huge Franzen on that last hit at Montador!

And yeah, HUGE game by Conklin tonight! i also believe that he deserves more starts and more confidence. On his last games the team did not play so well, in this one the team played pretty good and he did an outstanding job! He deserves more starts and give Jimmy some rest.

Now, let's keep going on with the wins!
Posted Image

#566 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

3 PPs the last 3 games and the refs are on our side? f*** you s***cago.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#567 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

We have NYI on the road on Tuesday... Gotta play Conks, his confidence level is high now.

bringit.jpg

#568 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

Montador did hit him first but I don't think he was expecting a punch to the head. All in all I hope there's no riff raff for the Wings sake.

Of course Montador wasn't expecting a punch of any sort, he mauled a Red Wing, and a "soft euro" to boot, lol. Good on Mule for standing up for himself.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#569 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

Datsyuk not one of the three stars ??

No. Our three best players were Filppula, Conklin and Zetterberg.

Datsyuk had a quietish night but he stood up when we needed him.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#570 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

:clap::deal:

Still pretty useless. He had a horrible game except for a few shifts in the 3rd where he actually did something. I'll take Hudler over Cleary any day.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#571 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:16 AM

I'm happy :siren: :siren: :siren: :) :thumbup:

#572 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

Anyone think Franzen will get suspended or fined for that sucker punch on Montador?

Would we notice if he was gone for a game or two, the way he's been playing? Not hating. Just think he's been pretty quiet lately. Maybe Shanaban, can do what Babcock refuses to do, and sit him for a game. Although he might not get the same message from the league as he would from Babcock.

#573 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

Would we notice if he was gone for a game or two, the way he's been playing? Not hating. Just think he's been pretty quiet lately. Maybe Shanaban, can do what Babcock refuses to do, and sit him for a game. Although he might not get the same message from the league as he would from Babcock.

Franzn has scored two goals and five points in the last four games.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#574 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Crazy game. Good to finally see Conklin not suck. I thought the game was over when he let that softie through.

#575 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Anyone think Franzen will get suspended or fined for that sucker punch on Montador?

No way in hell. If sucker punches during goalmouth scrums were suspendable, we'd see a lot more suspensions than we do now.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#576 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

Unprofessional sigh at 0:47.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#577 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

No way in hell. If sucker punches during goalmouth scrums were suspendable, we'd see a lot more suspensions than we do now.

Plus, Montador punched Mule in the back of the head right before that.

Posted Image

#578 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Imagine where we'd be in the standings had we won last night in Toronto :angry:

I agree.

They played flat in Toronto in that first period which resulted in 3 first period goals for Toronto. Then, after they tied the game, they went to sleep again on that game winning goal. I know its a long season, but I really feel that they pissed that game away.

First place at not even the half way point of the season isn't really notable. I am looking for them to make the playoffs and then win the Stanley Cup.

Overall, a great game by the Wings on Sunday night though.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#579 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Entire team effort, was a good game to watch.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#580 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Finally managed to catch the game on the dvr this morning before work. It's nice to see that Brent Seabrook is putting his diploma from the Joe Thornton School of Diving to work. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new divisional playoff system (if realignment ever happens) so the Wings can knock off the Hawks in the first or second round each & every year.

Edited by ogreslayer, 09 January 2012 - 11:14 AM.