• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

And the Tigers prove once again they probably don't deserve the division. Get handed a gift from the Angels sweeping the Sox and the Tigers, as usual, disappoint and lose both games today against the powerhouse Minnesota Twins. 5-9 can't hit at all, the defense is atrocious and Valverde can't pitch a clean inning ever. The Twins are the worst pitching team in terms of ERA in the AL and the Tigers scored five runs combined in two games.

The White Sox have six left against the Indians. The Tigers have seven against the Royals (playing very well lately) and three more with the Twins, who also have given them fits. I think the Tigers have missed their opportunity to take this pathetic division. You can't lose twice at home to Minnesota with a chance to tie or move into first place.

I am more perplexed by how poorly this team is constructed. Built for offense/power and they can't score runs consistently outside of the first four guys in the order. If you are going to completely ignore defense, then you better be able to win games by overcoming not being able to field the ball. Poor defense and having no speed/power to score runs is a losing combination even with quality starting pitching.

Guest irishock

ny_curtis_cr_576.jpg

No surprise, ESPN only hires cheap college level statistical analysts.

I think the Tigers will finally pull away with the Division lead. The Sox don't have what it takes coming down the stretch. Bring on the Yanks in the DS.

Edited by irishock

Anibal with a spectacular outing. Makes me feel a little better about losing Turner and Brantly when Sanchez pitches like that in a huge game.

The Tigers have a lot of flaws, but I just feel like if they can get into the playoffs, the starting rotation makes them quite dangerous. Oh and we have Miggy.

Guest irishock

Hearing some news of Illitch preparing to spend big this offseason on a guy like Hamilton.

Maybe it's the reason the Wings didn't get either Parise or Suter. Their initial offer of 13/80 might have hurt the *****'s feelings that he was worth more than Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Illitch's grand goal is to bring a WS to Comerica Park.

Hearing some news of Illitch preparing to spend big this offseason on a guy like Hamilton.

Maybe it's the reason the Wings didn't get either Parise or Suter. Their initial offer of 13/80 might have hurt the *****'s feelings that he was worth more than Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Illitch's grand goal is to bring a WS to Comerica Park.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want Hamilton. From a strictly baseball standpoint, absolutely yes. From a money angle, it would be a bad move for the Tigers going forward. Having Prince here now is already going to cause a headache trying to keep both JV and Miggy when they become free agents, let alone what Hamilton's contract would do. Right now I think the biggest priority is a corner outfielder or two (ideally with some speed/defensive ability). Wouldn't mind upgrading shortstop, but there's nothing out there really. Maybe a short-term closer until Rondon is ready.

Tigers up two games now with six to play. Huge favor in the schedule with the White Sox having four against the extremely hot Rays. I'm still going to be nervous this weekend, but it looks promising as long as the Tigers show up and win on the road. Quite concerned about Max's shoulder -- that would be a huge loss if he's not healthy going into the playoffs. I really like Smyly (more than Porcello even), but Scherzer has been lights out since May.

Awesome to see Fister make history yesterday. Nine consecutive K's to set a new AL record. His command was exceptional.

Guest irishock

Christ, the Tigers bullpen. Only thing that could've been worse was seeing Phil Coke come out.

4 games remaining, magic number is 3. If the Tigers make it, do they want NY or Baltimore?

The bullpen is quite scary at the moment. I think the Tigers could handle either of those teams in a short series with their starting pitching. Although, a lot of that hinges on a healthy Max Scherzer. Just hoping the wild card can knock Texas out.

Been a crazy season, but I'm still stoked the Tigers are closing in on a division title. Have never won the division in consecutive years in franchise history.

Guest irishock

Rangers need 1 win in Oakland to take the division.

I hope to god the Tigers don't have to face them in the DS somehow. Can you imagine Leyland putting in Valverde to close against Hamitlon, Kinsler, Beltre and Cruz?

So I've been absent on the boards most of the Summer. Lack of fun Wings / hockey news and a terribly frustrating baseball club didn't leave me with much to talk about. But wow, the last month of the season the Tigers have played their best baseball of the entire year, really. Reversing the curse of 2009 and clinching the Central in convincing fashion. I am absolutely ready for the Oakland A's on Saturday.

You can't even begin to describe how incredible Miguel Cabrera has been. What an incredible season from Cabby.

I'm going to the game on saturday, how early can you get inside the park for warm ups?

Typically it's an hour early, but I think it may be an hour and a half during the playoffs. Congrats on getting to the game!

If you have extra time I absolutely recommend stopping by Harwell Park, formerly known as Tiger Stadium. I went to the 8-0 drubbing of the Twins a couple of Saturdays ago and went to the Corner beforehand. It's not actually locked and it's an incredible experience to walk where so many legendary players have stood.