• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

How WC tickets will be sold

Rate this topic

I mentioned all this in the "Dumbo Drop" thread, but thought it would go unseen to most so Im posting here.

Just talked to a lady in the ticketing office. She explained to me how the tickets will be sold.

1.) DRW and TML season ticket holders get first dibs.

2.) DRW and TML half-season ticket package holders get second dibs.

3.) Then all remaining tickets will be sold via lottery through the NHL.

Granted she was trying to sell me a season ticket package for next season, it sounds like this is going to be how it happens.

I really wish they would make it easier for DRW fans to attend as it is our event, and not leave it up to luck. When they have it in TO they can snub wings fans, but not this year. Not fair.

I really hope the NHL isn't allowing fans from outside of Detroit or Toronto areas participate in the lottery. I'm sorry but if I see ANYONE wearing a jersey that is not Toronto or Detroit I am going to be pissed.

maybe they would limit it to ontario and michigan residents only but i doubt that.

how would that be fair, you know how many wings and leaf fans are within a 2 hour drive of detroit?

a s*** ton.

well lets e realistic, the demand is ridiculous for this, i would say up to a million would consider or are planning on trying to realistically attend, if not more. I think they will bring in enough people from ontario to satisfy the tourist factor and can ive the people of metro detroit the rest. I don't live in detroit anymore so it wouldn't help me but at the same time I think it is fiar.

well lets e realistic, the demand is ridiculous for this, i would say up to a million would consider or are planning on trying to realistically attend, if not more. I think they will bring in enough people from ontario to satisfy the tourist factor and can ive the people of metro detroit the rest. I don't live in detroit anymore so it wouldn't help me but at the same time I think it is fiar.

The NHL doesn't give a damn about fair, they want 110,000 tickets sold. Selling as many as they can to Leafs fans will ensure that.

demand would be ridiculous for sure and i bet it would be way up over a million, try 2-4 million lol.

and if we want to be realistic then bettman is going to want to get the most money out of this as possible and the biggest market for this game is southern ontario.

demand would be ridiculous for sure and i bet it would be way up over a million, try 2-4 million lol.

and if we want to be realistic then bettman is going to want to get the most money out of this as possible and the biggest market for this game is southern ontario.

A ticket sale is a ticket sale, it doesn't matter where the sale comes from. The merchandise is all online so that doesn't matte. I think the NHL really could care less where the tickets sales come from. It is more Ilitich. He will obviously want to see a draw from Ontario form a tourist perspective but also reward the people near the city of Detroit.

A ticket sale is a ticket sale, it doesn't matter where the sale comes from. The merchandise is all online so that doesn't matte. I think the NHL really could care less where the tickets sales come from. It is more Ilitich. He will obviously want to see a draw from Ontario form a tourist perspective but also reward the people near the city of Detroit.

what is this tourist perspective you speak of? people arn't there to sightsee they are there to see a hockey game. southern ontario is the largest market and thats where 2/3 of the fans at this game will be from.

illitch will get his cut from all the stuff happening at comerica, that is how he is going to reward the people of detroit.

I really hope the NHL isn't allowing fans from outside of Detroit or Toronto areas participate in the lottery. I'm sorry but if I see ANYONE wearing a jersey that is not Toronto or Detroit I am going to be pissed.

What about all the Detroit fans that don't live in Metro Detroit? Like many of our members here.

what is this tourist perspective you speak of? people arn't there to sightsee they are there to see a hockey game. southern ontario is the largest market and thats where 2/3 of the fans at this game will be from.

illitch will get his cut from all the stuff happening at comerica, that is how he is going to reward the people of detroit.

The tourist perspective would be all the business that is generated in Detroit as a result of everyone coming over for the events. This will benefit the City of Detroit.

Will U of M season ticket holders at the Big House get any priority whatsoever?

Doesn't sound like it since the NHL is handling ticket sales.

The NHL doesn't give a damn about fair, they want 110,000 tickets sold. Selling as many as they can to Leafs fans will ensure that.

they could easily sell all 110,000 tickets to red wings fans, it has nothing to do with leafs or wings fans, the tickets will be sold, it is a simple concept.

Edited by jollymania

well if they aren't within a certain distance they will need hotels, then factor in restaurants, entertainment on the days surrounding the game, there are a whole slew of factors. The size of the SO market will determine the merchandise sales, ect.. but for the people attending the game it doesn't really matter where they are from, since the wings are the home team it would be preferable to get more wings fans, specifically those form the local market into the stadium. Once in the stadium they aren't oing to buy any more or less than leafs fans from SO.

Well Red Wings fans could easily fill buy up the 110,000 tickets. The Red Wings have such a following around the country that they could fill it up. I know if I wasn't a poor college student I'd be buying a ticket.

they could easily sell all 110,000 tickets to red wins fans, it has nothing to do with leafs or wings, the tickets will be sold, it is a simple concept.

Would they be able to sell them at the premium Leafs fans will pay? This won't just be tickets at regular NHL prices, there will be a significant mark-up.

How does a lottery work? I guess I don't get that part. You apply and they just randomly hand out tickets out of a hat?

you enter the drawing, and if you get picked theyll offer you some tickets to buy.