• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#461 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

It wasn't me. I agree Conklin wasn't good but no way were all four goals his fault. The LaRose goal was a huge defensive breakdown . TBH I didn't see 3 and 4 against since my feed went out. He did make some good saves though yo keep it from being worse. He got a win that he deserved against NYR.

Your point about coming back from adversity is good, but the bigger lesson that was hopefully learned is that constanly pressuring with no letting up is the way to claw back, not just flipping the proverbial switch in the third.

It should have been a 5-2 game IMO. The first goal is iffy and Ill give hime the benefit of the doubt. The second goal was all him as was the 1st PP goal or was it the 2nd pp goal? I cant remeber which cause they were so close together.

He is playing for GR now because of his performances and hes only here cause of injury. He is subpar by NHL standards no questions asked.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#462 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

1332640816[/url]' post='2273773']
Holy s*** what a game...needed that so bad!

People have been giving Cleary so much s*** lately and he is one of the hardest working guys on the team. He's playing with one leg and still battling and grinding every shift. Did people forget that he's coming off a year where he got 26 goals, only behind Franzen's 28?

All you pro-Cleary posters ..THIS one's for you.
+

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#463 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Smith sent to the minors.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#464 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

You guys are hilarious. I love seeing everyone jump back on the red wings' metaphorical dick once things improve. Many of you are the very definition of bandwagoners. I would love to see what some of you are like in real life. Some of your' comments display a complete lack of character. How do you all handle adversity in the real world? It's a hockey game, a form of entertainment, and guess what. Nothing you do has any affect on the outcome, it's asinine to freak out over such things.

Its called passion. For some of us, these games mean a little more to us than just "hey look, the Wings are on. " For me, these games remind me of my father. For others it might remind them of other better times. I know after a 10 hour day at work I look forward to getting away and watching this beautiful game. I could understand being dumbfounded by the people who say they love this team one game and the next they exclaim this team is the worst of all time. But don't lump passion into the group with idiots.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#465 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

ok that's game, sorry I am laughing now.

Anybody at the Joe who doesn't get up and leave right now is stupid!

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

This team is done. No life.

The only hope is that when the playoffs begin we SOMEHOW click and turn it around, but the regular season is done.

Epic Collapse. Either the players aren't listening to Babcock or Babcock is the worst coach in the NHL. No excuse for the worst PP AND PK in the league.

First off, I would like to serve a little crow to those who opted to give up the game or give up on the team.

Secondly, the Wings did not play well the first half of the game. When they turned it around, you could tell. They really pushed the envelope in the 3rd period. Maybe the Wings got their confidence back, or their heart showed through in the end. Either way, I liked what I saw in the 2nd half of the game. Lets hope that continues on Monday.

Its called passion. For some of us, these games mean a little more to us than just "hey look, the Wings are on. " For me, these games remind me of my father. For others it might remind them of other better times. I know after a 10 hour day at work I look forward to getting away and watching this beautiful game. I could understand being dumbfounded by the people who say they love this team one game and the next they exclaim this team is the worst of all time. But don't lump passion into the group with idiots.

I have to agree. I think the difference between those who have passion and desire to see the team do well, and the bandwagoners, are the comments that the team is pathetic and they bail on the team. A passionate fan would say, "The Wings are playing pathetic tonight." A bandwagoner would say, "The Wings are pathetic. I am through with this crap team."

Easy distinction.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#466 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hmmmm....when Lids gets back and Dats, the power play and penalty kill will turn around.....oh wait....

Holland = Fail to address needs....

How can you make every thread about what Holland didn't do at the deadline? It's constantly about not getting Gaustad OR how Holland failed us or how badly every player on this team sucks. Brutal

Edited by Motown4013, 24 March 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#467 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

"LOL WOW WINGS SUCK! Y EVEN WATCH???"
"I'm done watching. Wake me up when Ken gets his head outta his ass. I can't believe this is my favorite team."
"Trade the whole team"

These type of bandwagon comments are the reason I just don't even bother posting here at times, especially on gamedays. Sure, its nice when they win, but people really act like its the end of the world if we go on a skid. Don't get me wrong, I'm critical of the team at times, but I'm not on here riding every guys ass every damn chance I get, and this team will always be mine no matter how they play.

Now that we played a decent second half of the game and pulled out a win, all the trolls will be silent for a day or two.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#468 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I rarely go to games but always watch at home. However, this time I bought tickets. I'm taking my parents and my 84 year old grandfather down for a tour of where I work downtown, then to get a Coney, then for a trip on the People Mugger over to the Joe.

Win this one for my grandpa! He's been having a tough time with the recent passing of my grandmother, so he needs this W!

You guys must've really enjoyed yourselves tonight. The Wings really put on a show. I hope your grandpa had a good time. Posted Image

#469 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

"LOL WOW WINGS SUCK! Y EVEN WATCH???"
"I'm done watching. Wake me up when Ken gets his head outta his ass. I can't believe this is my favorite team."
"Trade the whole team"

These type of bandwagon comments are the reason I just don't even bother posting here at times, especially on gamedays. Sure, its nice when they win, but people really act like its the end of the world if we go on a skid. Don't get me wrong, I'm critical of the team at times, but I'm not on here riding every guys ass every damn chance I get, and this team will always be mine no matter how they play.

Now that we played a decent second half of the game and pulled out a win, all the trolls will be silent for a day or two.

Well said! It's overkill!
Great heart tonight boys...awesome game,
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#470 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Well said! It's overkill!
Great heart tonight boys...awesome game,

I was nervous for a while, but good to see us grind out a win. Your boy Z stepped it up big time! :siren:

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#471 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

WE JUST BEAT THE CAROLINA HURRICANES 5-4
ALL HATERS EAT YO' CROW

Don't Toews me, bro!

#472 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Incredible comeback -- the Red Wings deserved two points and their desperation level came through even when the Hurricanes went up by three goals. You could just sense many of the guys were sick and tired of losing and weren't going to let it continue any longer. They still have some major kinks to work out defensively and certainly on special teams over the final seven games, but they did many positive things that can translate to playoff success as well.

Henrik Zetterberg is dominating. He has been far and away the Red Wings best player since the Pavel injury. Filppula was also sensational and the chemistry those two have developed is a treat to watch. They dominated the play almost every shift they took and man did they ever take a lot of shifts. Z is in playoff mode and once Pavel gets back up to speed, the Red Wings 1-2 punch down the middle will be clicking again at the right time.

Nyquist needs to keep playing. He brings skill, speed and creativity to the top-six that meshes perfectly with Datsyuk. I don't care who has to sit, but Nyquist is definitely NHL-ready and can be a huge asset to this team going forward. If Franzen comes back healthy soon and doesn't just float along the perimeter, he could be the net-front presence Babcock prefers on each line with Pavel and Nyquist. I won't get my hopes knowing the Red Wings philosophy, but I think you can easily find space for Nyquist when Emmerton and Holmstrom are still dressing every game.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#473 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

I rest my case :D

Exactly :cool:

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#474 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Great win tonight. 100% effort for full game. Roll on Monday for more of the same. Another 100 point season approaching.Posted Image

#475 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Yeah it's definitely bad, he had to use his stick to get up off the ice tonight.

I really wish people would stop using the whole "he had to use his stick to get up so his knees must be super injured!" thing. Using the stick as leverage to get up is used by players 90% of the time they get knocked down.

#476 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

http://www.freep.com...2/1053/sports05

someone at the Detroit Free Press goofed up and forgot to change their title. :P

#477 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

Are they back? That game minus some sloppy defense was Red Wings hockey and it was great to see that it still exists. Lets hope they continue that trend!

#478 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

How's the attitude working for you, Bubba?
SCOREBOARD. They played a helluva second and third period. And you are nuthin' but the negative nancy of the night.

No, I am a realist...Glad they won, but seriously it was the frickin Hurricanes, if this helps turn their confidence around then that is great, but this comeback does not happen against the Blues or Hawks or Nucks...or most other playoff bound teams. Not being negative really, but the power play and penalty kill will be the death of this team in the playoffs. Be real...and Holland FAILED to address this at the deadline. That is why I hold Holland responsible for it. Even when the team was #1, their PP and PK were one of the worst, they are going to need those in the playoffs and it was not addressed.

I'd be in favor of the system if it showed who neg'd or plus'd you. That way no one could be a coward.

This exactly! This is why I get mad when someone neg's me or anyone else. Not because of the neg, but because they never care to debate why...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#479 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,906 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Agreed 100%.

If you vote nay then you should be held accountable for that vote and be negged back if the community doesnt like what you have to say.

Exactly! A lot of people's opinions have a certain amount of substance behind it, but certain user who see something, ANYTHING that paints a negative picture about ANYTHING Red Wings, then they neg you and hide without saying why...

All last night, it wasn't like I was saying "Wings Suck" "s***ty Team" "Never Win Again" I was at least saying things and trying to explain why, yet there were still negs flying all over the place even though at the time, they were playing like s***. I think maybe once, I said this team is horrendous...and it was probably after the two quick PP goals against, so I was just so pissed about their special teams and the fact that the PROBLEM WAS NOT ADDRESSED...AT ALL.

I have always said, neg if you want to, I don't care, but at least be man enough to debate why your opinion differs...

and that my friends is the Juckf****** Pott!

Edited by LeftWinger, 25 March 2012 - 12:24 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#480 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I really wish people would stop using the whole "he had to use his stick to get up so his knees must be super injured!" thing. Using the stick as leverage to get up is used by players 90% of the time they get knocked down.

I played hockey my whole life, I know how to get up off the ice. It's also blatantly obvious that the guy can barely life himself. You're right, using your stick isn't uncommon. Using your stick and struggling like Cleary was last night is a different story.

Exactly! A lot of people's opinions have a certain amount of substance behind it, but certain user who see something, ANYTHING that paints a negative picture about ANYTHING Red Wings, then they neg you and hide without saying why...

All last night, it wasn't like I was saying "Wings Suck" "s***ty Team" "Never Win Again" I was at least saying things and trying to explain why, yet there were still negs flying all over the place even though at the time, they were playing like s***. I think maybe once, I said this team is horrendous...and it was probably after the two quick PP goals against, so I was just so pissed about their special teams and the fact that the PROBLEM WAS NOT ADDRESSED...AT ALL.

I have always said, neg if you want to, I don't care, but at least be man enough to debate why your opinion differs...

and that my friends is the Juckf****** Pott!

I'll quote your verbatim from last night, "This team is horrendous". Paint whatever picture you want, but last night you weren't making valid points about the team. You were being negative, repeatedly references the same old trade deadline s*** you refuse to let go, and repeatedly telling everyone how "right" you were. I think that you got negged less for having an opinion and more for being obnoxious about how you shared that opinion. YOUR EXACT WORDS WERE "THIS TEAM IS HORRENDOUS", and then you come on here acting like a crybaby saying "it wasn't like I said the team sucked" boohoo. But you did dude, you absolutelyf****** did.

Here's another couple of quotes from you last night. "*******", not sure if this was in reference to the team or to the other members here,but classy none the less. Here's one that was definitely aimed at the other members here "you @@@@@s are delusional". But you're right, you were using perfectly rational arguments to explain, calmly and reasonably, your frustration with the current play of the team.

If you remember it like that I'd love to know what the rest of the fever dream you call a life looks like.

Edited by kipwinger, 25 March 2012 - 01:45 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."