• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Will Detroit win this series?

Rate this topic

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No I don't believe Detroit will win this series. That being said, I already said this in the 1000 Post for a Game 5 Victory Thread. There always seems to be one game where Detroit simply blows our their opponent and we haven't seen that yet. I can honestly feel that is what is coming in Game 5. We'll have one game where we prove we are the better team even if it's just one time and than we lose Game 6. So I don't believe the Preds will win game 5 but I believe this series is done in 6......... I hope and pray that I'm wrong. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

i think babcock needs to step up and do some coaching. huds got a lucky deflection goal last game, but was a piece of giveaway garbage the rest of the games. he's slow and terrible on the forecheck and can't steal the puck from a timbit, thus he loses EVERY puck battle. Nyquist needs to move to the top 6. if babcock keeps going down to 2 1/2 lines every 3rd period, Dats and Z are gonna be useless cause they can't play that much in a period at a super high level. wings will lose this series next game if babcock doesn't use his real assets like Nyquist and i think it's time to bring up Smith.

the wings offense has been way too predictable and haven't gotten any good chances in the middle of the ice for 2 entire games now. last game was the worst and most boring hockey game i have ever watched. shades of the '03 ducks/devils cup final.

It's time to get desperate, no "spreading the offense" because it's not helping. Put Z, Dats and Nyquist on the first line and then make the rest whatever you want.

agreed. unfortunately, babcock doesn't believe in rookies. they have far too much energy and jump in their step. here's my lines...

Dats - Z - Nyquist (as you said)

Mule - Flip - Cleary (actually been playing good....coming from a glass half empty toward Cleary guy)

Miller - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Homer - Emmerton - Hudler (got a LUCKY goal last game. has been by far the worst and most ineffective Wings player. Goals: 1 Giveaways: too high to count)

The one thing I really don't understand is why we are not using some our talent from gr? With everyone that is on the injury list we could use the young energy and the speed. Why keep an injured Cleary dressed instead of Tatar, and not only that play him with Datsyuk? We can win this thing still, we have the talent to and I friggin' hope we do! but right now there appears to a lot of confusion as to "are in this thing or not?"

The one thing I really don't understand is why we are not using some our talent from gr? With everyone that is on the injury list we could use the young energy and the speed. Why keep an injured Cleary dressed instead of Tatar, and not only that play him with Datsyuk? We can win this thing still, we have the talent to and I friggin' hope we do! but right now there appears to a lot of confusion as to "are in this thing or not?"

Tatar is not a very good prospect in my eyes. I see him as a 4th line center with 3rd line upside. Isn't big enough or skilled enough to be a star player.

Right now experience is needed. Tatar is good for the future, but right now you really don't want a kid in unless you really need to or if you're sure he'll be able to do it.

If the kid goes out and plays and gets smoked, it could hurt his confidence for the future. Let him be up with the aces and get a first-hand look at things, then, when he's ready, he'll be more prepared.

In game one of a series, I could see your point. In do-or-die situation, I'll take experience.