• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Teams will want Luongo. Especially teams without frequent playoff performances. True, he generally falls apart in the playoffs, but he's a goalie who can get them there and that counts for something when you've got a bunch of no-name goalies. Luongo in some small struggling market could put butts in the seats.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#42 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Teams will want Luongo. Especially teams without frequent playoff performances. True, he generally falls apart in the playoffs, but he's a goalie who can get them there and that counts for something when you've got a bunch of no-name goalies. Luongo in some small struggling market could put butts in the seats.

Oh for sure. I just doubt he'll get much for the Canucks unless they're willing to take a bad contract coming the other way or a package of smaller things mashed together (schlubs, picks and prospects). Everyone in the league knows Vancouver will be happy just to be rid of his financial and emotional baggage.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

And, by the way, NHL.com just reported that Luongo has said he will waive his No-Trade Clause.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Schneider will be the Canucks goalie next year. He is younger and there goalie of the future, though he is due for a raise no question about that. Lu will probably end up in TB with Stevie Y
IPB Image

#45 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ya lu wont command all that much on the market at this point. If van decides they are moving him then they will have to settle for something undervalue coming back as they cant afford to have 2 goalies on big contracts and other teams know this. Add to that lu's age to contract ratio and his enotional baggage and u arent getting much back.

#46 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Schneider will be the Nucks tender next season. Luongo will be traded no doubt but to whom? I don't see Burke pulling the trigger for the Leafs although the Leafs are always the first team rumored to be in any big trade. Columbus and Tampa Bay I think might be the front runners. Especially Columbus if Nash could/can be in the mix.

#47 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

With each passing day, it looks like it will be Schneider. But an interesting question - how will he fare with the possibility of appearing in 50-60+ games, as opposed to the 20-30 he's used to at the NHL level?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman