• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Rozsival anyone?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

How about let's just do nothing. I mean LA just won the Cup with a s***ty D, let's model ourselves after them. Go back to sleep Kenny.

esteef

You still haven't given us any examples of the defensemen whom you've claimed that Holland should have picked up in order to prepare for Lidstrom's retirement.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I would sooner go with Kindl over any of the UFAs left.

If it is as a rental player I am fine with it, but damn I may just bring up a young kid and tell him sink or swim. Let's be realistic as it sits right now we are not a cup contender. If we sign Doan or Semin then go get a rental but if not bring up prospects.

You still haven't given us any examples of the defensemen whom you've claimed that Holland should have picked up in order to prepare for Lidstrom's retirement.

Yes I did. It just wasn't specific enough for you to argue against. So now yer just huffing and puffing.

esteef

I'd rather trade. I don't think there are any quality UFA's left for what we need (a #1 defenseman, #2 at the worst), so we're going to have to trade even if it means giving up picks or prospects and a roster player. But we can't afford to overpay to the degree needed to get someone like Suter. Look for a team out of division, maybe even out of conference looking for some offensive help and speed or in need of clearing some cap space.

I've been thinking for a few days that he's likely as good as it gets out there in the UFA market. I'm not sure exactly how well he performed in PHX, but the fact is that he was playing, which is more than can be said for Kubina (who I think would otherwise seem like a similar kind of player).

He's never been overly physical, but if he's still got his legs, I think he can log close to 20 minutes a night if necessary. Big enough to play PK and would be capable on the secondary PP unit.

No, he's not as good as he used to be (he was very good in NY before the year he was traded) and he's not as good as some players who could be available by trade...but he will not cost any assets.

I would argue that at least Holland should have addressed the offense & gritt over the last three years. That would allow us to me more attractive to anybody. He can say anything he wants, and the beat writers will get off their knees, wipe their mouths & regurgitate it in the press. We look like a team being redesigned. Because we are.

I want to have faith in Holland, I really do. He makes it difficult.

I would argue that at least Holland should have addressed the offense & gritt over the last three years. That would allow us to me more attractive to anybody. He can say anything he wants, and the beat writers will get off their knees, wipe their mouths & regurgitate it in the press. We look like a team being redesigned. Because we are.

I want to have faith in Holland, I really do. He makes it difficult.

Well, it's not as though he hasn't tried to acquire certain players to fill the inevitable voids. For example, they wanted to sign Brent Burns last year. And I think Ericsson's contract can also be understood (perhaps only understood) as Holland's anticipation of the situation he is now facing.