• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Maybe we should get Kenny Holland to throw the pads on then we can blame him for all of our problems.

A great defense can make an average goalie look great ( Mike Smith ) The Red Wings have gotton away with using average goalies for years because they had one of the best defense in the league. Ozzy, Vernon, Hasek, and now Jimmy are all or were average goalies while with the Wings. The problem is that now that our defense does not look so good I can bet our GA is going to go up by a bunch. Does this make it the goalie's fault? You get what you pay for.

#62 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

You can point your finger at a lot of players for under performing, including Howard... all that aside, it was very clear to me that the biggest difference in that series was *MOTIVATION*... Preds had it, Wings did not.

On another note, the officiating was TERRIBLE, including the weak sauce penalty for the Z face smash. I particularly remember the game where Bettman was in attendance - it prompted Babcock to say that "the players aren't the only ones trying to make the finals." (good one Babs) What was there 40 calls in one period? I learned today that one job of the commissioner is to *directly* appoint the officials for each game..... hmm ...... [me] remembers the non too many many men on the ice for 30 seconds call of the 2009 finals [/me]... but im getting off topic....
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.