• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ally

What would your proposal be?

Rate this topic

I really think they have to get rid of the Floor, bring in a Luxury Tax, and have proper Revenue Sharing, or we'll have another Lockout in 6 years. Baseball has it right. Let your best markets spend and share revenue, or else they have to just sit on their profits, while teams like Phoenix, Nashville, Florida, and Columbus drag everyone down with them. Big markets should be leading the way, not the bankrupt ones.

The players aren't to blame for these bankrupt teams, it's Bettman's inability to split the pot better, and allow the small markets to spend what they bring in and collect in Revenue Sharing, instead of spending based on what the Maple Leafs bring in.

This is all just patch work, which will lead to more problems in 6 years. Since Bettman doesn't seem to get it, I guess 10 teams need to go under, and cease to exist, before proper changes are made.

Guest The Axe

I really think they have to get rid of the Floor, bring in a Luxury Tax, and have proper Revenue Sharing, or we'll have another Lockout in 6 years. Baseball has it right. Let your best markets spend and share revenue, or else they have to just sit on their profits, while teams like Phoenix, Nashville, Florida, and Columbus drag everyone down with them. Big markets should be leading the way, not the bankrupt ones.

The players aren't to blame for these bankrupt teams, it's Bettman's inability to split the pot better, and allow the small markets to spend what they bring in and collect in Revenue Sharing, instead of spending based on what the Maple Leafs bring in.

This is all just patch work, which will lead to more problems in 6 years. Since Bettman doesn't seem to get it, I guess 10 teams need to go under, and cease to exist, before proper changes are made.

Id be ok with dropping to 24 teams and dropping a round of the playoffs. Make it 3 rounds and play til the end of May instead of into June.

Ducks, Phoenix, Dallas, Florida, Nashville, Atlanta = bye bye.

Id be ok with dropping to 24 teams and dropping a round of the playoffs. Make it 3 rounds and play til the end of May instead of into June.

NBC TV contracts. Bye bye.

like i've mentioned before, but i think the players union would have a big problem with this. that would be 100+ players that would be out of a job.

Edited by chances14

Get rid off the cap floor.

Following deal under the circumstances that the commissioner will be replaced.

50/50

All contracts are honored

7 years till UFA

6 years RFA with arbitration rights

2 years ELC

Luxury tax replacing RS

No lockou/strike clause

Sent from my BlackBerry

I'd honestly consider giving the owners a greater slice of the pie - just to make them feel good, and as though they got what they want...As we all know there'll be several teams going over the cap every year, and it'll be these teams fighting for the Cup.

If they just need the illusion of winning well why not :-)

I think it would be a fair CBA for both sides.

4 step plan proposal:

1. Fire Bettman

2. Hire a real commissioner who has the balls to stand up to the owners and do what's best for the league

3. Change the bulls*** BOG ruling back to a majority vote system by the owners instead of only needing 8 teams to pass, and disallow league owned teams from voting

4. Let the rest sort itself out once the cancer is removed

Put this in place and we'll be playing hockey again by mid November...

4 step plan proposal:

1. Fire Bettman

2. Hire a real commissioner who has the balls to stand up to the owners and do what's best for the league

3. Change the bulls*** BOG ruling back to a majority vote system by the owners instead of only needing 8 teams to pass, and disallow league owned teams from voting

Agreed with all points, if all of that happens we could have hockey back within a month I am sure.

4 step plan proposal:

1. Fire Bettman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Keep dreaming. The owners will *never* hire someone who won't do what they say. Anyone else they bring in will be Bettman part 2.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Keep dreaming. The owners will *never* hire someone who won't do what they say. Anyone else they bring in will be Bettman part 2.

It's not really that simple. There's 30 owners with varying priorities and interests. I think you're underestimating how much politics there are just on the ownership side.

Not to mention the owners had to outvote Bettman back in 1995 in order to make a deal and save the season, so you could say they've already hired someone who doesn't always do what they say. Back then they just had more power to overrule him.