• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#301 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Corvo was a healthy scratch for the Canes tonight, making $2 mill/yr. I would take a chance.

#302 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Corvo was a healthy scratch for the Canes tonight, making $2 mill/yr. I would take a chance.

Honestly I think we are ok on bottom pairing guys, we have more than enough, we need that 22-30 minute guy to play with Kronwall. Corvo's not it.

#303 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

That's why Shultz Parise and Suter all signed with Tampa Bay.

Just joking around. The culture of smart, classy, and respectful management that has attracted talent for so long is still intact. If the Wings demonstrate that our prospects will ensure future success, despite drafting late, then Detroit will remain an attractive destination.

Yzerman in Tampa is completely different than Yzerman in Detroit, and you know that lol. 

#304 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Filppula + Ericsson + Kindl + Nyquist + 4 French hookers + a Subway sandwich (foot-long, Italian bread, not toasted, the works) for Girardi.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#305 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Filppula + Ericsson + Kindl + Nyquist + 4 French hookers + a Subway sandwich (foot-long, Italian bread, not toasted, the works) for Girardi.

What if they sue for the sandwich size? Better make it Quiznos.

#306 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Speaking of defensemen, Brad Stuart just crushed Landeskog with a huge hit.  Landeskog left the game.  Carry on.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#307 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Speaking of defensemen, Brad Stuart just crushed Landeskog with a huge hit.  Landeskog left the game.  Carry on.

esteef

Jesus he did crush him too.  I miss Brad Stuart.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#308 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Honestly I think we are ok on bottom pairing guys, we have more than enough, we need that 22-30 minute guy to play with Kronwall. Corvo's not it.

While I agree that we really need a top pairing Dman - I just don't see Holland making much of an effort to get one right now...UFA in July is when Holland will try to lure fresh blood to Detroit.

Between Cola being on IR, and keeping Kindl off the ice it might be a decent move to acquire Corvo.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#309 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

While I agree that we really need a top pairing Dman - I just don't see Holland making much of an effort to get one right now...UFA in July is when Holland will try to lure fresh blood to Detroit.

Between Cola being on IR, and keeping Kindl off the ice it might be a decent move to acquire Corvo.

Holland acquires old guys other teams dont want.

#310 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

The Wings haven't been great the last three years. Having a club treat you right doesn't cancel a player's desire to win. The Wings haven't stood out for a while, so yeah the shine is diminished.

But let's not forget Surer was all set to come here until Parise went with Minnesota. Then it was all about family and friends, which no one van compete with. Holland needs to aggressively seek out talent to send a message that he won't accept even a temporary decline in quality. This summer will be critical.

And why do people think Datsyuk won't want to return? I was always under the impression there was nothing left for him in Russia and he liked it here.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#311 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

The Wings haven't been great the last three years. Having a club treat you right doesn't cancel a player's desire to win. The Wings haven't stood out for a while, so yeah the shine is diminished.

But let's not forget Surer was all set to come here until Parise went with Minnesota. Then it was all about family and friends, which no one van compete with. Holland needs to aggressively seek out talent to send a message that he won't accept even a temporary decline in quality. This summer will be critical.

And why do people think Datsyuk won't want to return? I was always under the impression there was nothing left for him in Russia and he liked it here.

Oh, you know... just his family and millions of untaxed dollars.  ;)

ON TOPIC: I think Holland is going to roll with what we've got for the time being and we'll see any other movement and acquisitions when teams start to worry about getting cap compliant for next year.

Edited by e_prime, 27 January 2013 - 12:37 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#312 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Holland acquires old guys other teams dont want.

If Corvo was sitting in the press box isn't that indicative that he's rather  low on their Dmen list?

Maybe I'm missing the key point of your post, but I'm under the impression that Corvo might be the type of player Holland would be interested in.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#313 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Well it's sort of a moot point because Corvo has played in 3 of the Hurricane's 4 games so far.  So it's not like he's just sitting around waiting to be traded. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#314 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

If Corvo was sitting in the press box isn't that indicative that he's rather  low on their Dmen list?

Maybe I'm missing the key point of your post, but I'm under the impression that Corvo might be the type of player Holland would be interested in.

My point is that we need to start thinking about guys like Yandle. Not Corvo.

#315 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Holland needs to aggressively seek out talent to send a message that he won't accept even a temporary decline in quality. 

Agree 1,000%.  Holland should've been doing this for the last couple of years not just this summer. 

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#316 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

His daughter is in Russia so he doesn't really get to see her during the season.  A lot of family and friends too but in some thread people posted articles about him talking about his daughter.  

#317 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

"And why do people think Datsyuk won't want to return? I was always under the impression there was nothing left for him in Russia and he liked it here."

I've seen it written that Pavel has said he wants to play his last years in Russia, and that he wanted to retire by age 40.  I have not seen the actual quotes, just writers saying he has said it.

Watched Bouwmeester last night.  He looked really good.

http://flames.nhl.co...s.htm?id=652681

In retrospect, too bad we couldn't have packaged Hudler into a blockbuster trade to Calgary...but who knew.

Edited by T.Low, 27 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#318 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

"And why do people think Datsyuk won't want to return? I was always under the impression there was nothing left for him in Russia and he liked it here."

I've seen it written that Pavel has said he wants to play his last years in Russia, and that he wanted to retire by age 40.  I have not seen the actual quotes, just writers saying he has said it.

Watched Bouwmeester last night.  He looked really good.

http://flames.nhl.co...s.htm?id=652681

In retrospect, too bad we couldn't have packaged Hudler into a blockbuster trade to Calgary...but who knew.

I agree, we should have signed Huds to whatever contract he wanted and then packaged him and traded for jbo

#319 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Watch the Western Michigan v. Michigan game last night (Western won 5-1) and got to watch Dan Dekeyser play like he is definitely ready for the NHL. (didn't know he was a junior though)  This year more than any he would be able to step right into the Wings lineup after his season is over.  I certainly hope Holland doesn't miss out on him, like he did with Schultz....at least with Dekeyser, the Red Wings ARE on his short list of teams he wants to play for...lets just hope Holland doesn't screw the pooch.... I think dumping Kindl and signing Dekeyser would be the obvious thing to do....

Kronwall - Huskins

Smith - Ericsson

White - Dekeyser

Cola

(when healthy)

Of course Lashoff has more than earned a spot on this team , but can be safely sent to GR until the roster limits are lifted...he has earned a spot on next years team as well and should be awarded so.

I agree, we should have signed Huds to whatever contract he wanted and then packaged him and traded for jbo

I couldn't get past the words "Signed Huds to whatever contract he wanted...." without getting nauseous...whew I am glad you added the words "then traded..."

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#320 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Watch the Western Michigan v. Michigan game last night (Western won 5-1) and got to watch Dan Dekeyser play like he is definitely ready for the NHL. (didn't know he was a junior though)  This year more than any he would be able to step right into the Wings lineup after his season is over.  I certainly hope Holland doesn't miss out on him, like he did with Schultz....at least with Dekeyser, the Red Wings ARE on his short list of teams he wants to play for...lets just hope Holland doesn't screw the pooch.... I think dumping Kindl and signing Dekeyser would be the obvious thing to do....

Agreed. We need this kid to come to Detroit. If we aren't going to be trading for talent on D and obviously this year's UFA class is terrible for dmen, we need acquisitions like this to make up for it.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?