• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan19

Detroit Red Wings Impact Players: Valtteri Filppula

Rate this topic

Filp: pair with datsyuk. SUCCESS! no seriously though, they work amazing together. still to this day, i never understood why babs never allowed them to play full-time or any substantial time together.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2339992" data-time="1358183307"><p>

Filp: pair with datsyuk. SUCCESS! no seriously though, they work amazing together. still to this day, i never understood why babs never allowed them to play full-time or any substantial time together. </p></blockquote>

Simple answer. They are both centers. Dats is our 1. Flips is our 2.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2339992" data-time="1358183307"><p>

Filp: pair with datsyuk. SUCCESS! no seriously though, they work amazing together. still to this day, i never understood why babs never allowed them to play full-time or any substantial time together. </p></blockquote>

Simple answer. They are both centers. Dats is our 1. Flips is our 2.

Simple answer. Pasha center first with filp on the wing, and Hank mans the 2nd line. Line adjustments happen, people don't always play their natural position. Cory Emmerton is a natural winger playing center? You should know this.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2339998" data-time="1358184180"><p>

<br />

Simple answer. Pasha center first with filp on the wing, and Hank mans the 2nd line. Line adjustments happen, people don't always play their natural position. Cory Emmerton is a natural winger playing center? You should know this.</p></blockquote>

Id tend to agree with you in the past when we had more firepower. But we are starved for goal scorers right now. That means Z on Pasha's wing. Flip will center the 2nd line.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2339998" data-time="1358184180"><p>

<br />

Simple answer. Pasha center first with filp on the wing, and Hank mans the 2nd line. Line adjustments happen, people don't always play their natural position. Cory Emmerton is a natural winger playing center? You should know this.</p></blockquote>

Id tend to agree with you in the past when we had more firepower. But we are starved for goal scorers right now. That means Z on Pasha's wing. Flip will center the 2nd line.

I'd agree with you but we're talking about the success Pasha and Filp bring together. That equals more firepower. Back in the day, yes the euro twins had some magic but unfortunately it hasn't translated that great the past two seasons at least. Simply put, that's why we haven't put them together, along with the fact that we needed to spread load our defensive forwards. Why stack two of your best 2-way players on one line when you can throw and separate them onto two separate lines and being able to contain two top lines? I just don't see a drastic change in firepower from allowing pasha-filp, filp-pasha, zett-pasha, pasha-zett (changing winger to center of the two lines).

I think 75 points in a 82-game season (predicted in the article) is too high for Filppula considering there were only 24 forwards last season who scored at that pace. But then again there were guys like Elias, Lupul and Whitney last season scoring that pace. I guess you can never say never, but that's still very unlikely.

I think Fil has peaked. I like the guy and wold love to see him grow and become a force for the Wings, but I also cannot keep the words of Selanne out of my head when he said he wants to play with Fil. I am still on board with trading Fil to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan, which would help us in signing Corey Perry this summer. How about that line? Ryan - Datsyuk - Perry.

Sticking to the topic, again, I really have enjoyed Fil here, he is very valauble to the Wings and if kept around, I hope to see him prosper! (of course he is a UFA and you know he is going to get Ryan-type money, so it would be a wash to trade him. I's hate to lose him for nothing over the summer.)