i'll be pissed if Kindl is a scratch for 1 of these Columbus games

#82 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Doubt it. Kindl has been playing great.. I didn't think I'd ever say it but I'm starting to like him. Hope he keeps up the good work

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#83 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'd like to see him get some time soon. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#84 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'd like to see him get some time soon. 

Same here. But our current line up is playing good.. So while I'd like to see white play, I'd rather us go with what's working.

Don't fix it if it hasn't broken yet.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#85 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I must be in the minority here because I don't care if I ever see Ian White play for this team again.  Not because I have anything against White, but because he's not really better at anything than anybody else in our lineup is. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#86 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

I must be in the minority here because I don't care if I ever see Ian White play for this team again.  Not because I have anything against White, but because he's not really better at anything than anybody else in our lineup is. 

I suppose you could say one of the advantages he has is that he's a right-handed shot. 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#87 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm with ya. The defense is better without him.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#88 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I suppose you could say one of the advantages he has is that he's a right-handed shot. 

It's not really an advantage over anyone aside from maybe Kindl, who's player better in every other way.  Kronwall is a lefty but he's scoring like gangbusters, Smith is a righty and is bigger and more athletic.  And the other guys are defensive defensemen and therefore not interchangeable with White.  So essentially he's competing with Kindl, who's bigger, faster, stronger, hits harder, and is scoring more this season.  If a righty is worth all that to Babs or Holland they need to retire. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#89 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

It's not really an advantage over anyone aside from maybe Kindl, who's player better in every other way.  Kronwall is a lefty but he's scoring like gangbusters, Smith is a righty and is bigger and more athletic.  And the other guys are defensive defensemen and therefore not interchangeable with White.  So essentially he's competing with Kindl, who's bigger, faster, stronger, hits harder, and is scoring more this season.  If a righty is worth all that to Babs or Holland they need to retire. 

Smith is a lefty...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#90 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Quincey is terrible. His passes are flimsy. He turns it over often. He misplayed the puck and was directly responsible for CBS's third goal tonight. The guy can't even catch a pass. White should be in instead of Quincey. Plus, White's a right hand shot and should go back and help the second PP unit, if not replace Brunner on the point on the first PP unit. Brunner is not that great there. 

Kronwall should be on the trading block too. Doesn't seem like he's leading the D corps.

Losing to Columbus pisses me off. 

#91 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Sitting Lashoff for White today. 

#92 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Quincey is terrible. His passes are flimsy. He turns it over often. He misplayed the puck and was directly responsible for CBS's third goal tonight. The guy can't even catch a pass. White should be in instead of Quincey. Plus, White's a right hand shot and should go back and help the second PP unit, if not replace Brunner on the point on the first PP unit. Brunner is not that great there. 

Kronwall should be on the trading block too. Doesn't seem like he's leading the D corps.

Losing to Columbus pisses me off. 

You sir do not know what you are talking about. Kronwall not leading the D core? He is 3rd in scoring in the league!

#93 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

White hasnt impressed me tonight. Lashoff wins on pure physicality alone

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#94 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

white didnt look terrible but didnt help the offensive. id prefer lashoff for sure

#95 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

it seemed like white second guessed a lot of his outlet passes which caused for the lane to close up before utilizing it. he didn't stand out or impress me retrieving the puck. all in all, he didn't play that big of a game to convince Babcock he needs to be out there. I'd prefer Lashoff and his ability to play physical, clear the crease, and stand by the basics when it comes to the transition. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#96 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

White would probably do better on a team that's all about offense first, but for what he brings, he really just doesn't fit on this team.

I'd rather see the Wings play several shutdown guys who make the simple play than have him out there getting beat along the wall and throwing errant passes up the middle.

#97 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

White wasn't impressive at all yesterday.

Time to trade Ian White?

#98 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I hope the only reason they put him in instead of Lashoff is so teams don't forget his name at the trade deadline and that he can be had for a bag of pucks, or peanuts.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#99 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

I hope the only reason they put him in instead of Lashoff is so teams don't forget his name at the trade deadline and that he can be had for a bag of pucks, or peanuts.

Babcock explicitly said in the pregame that it didn't have anything to do with Lashoff's play, but that they wanted "a change, just for one game", or something to that effect.  Lashoff will be back soon. 

#100 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

White hasnt impressed me tonight. Lashoff wins on pure physicality alone

We have enough physical players in our line up :cheesy: .   Hitting is for *******!  Lets move the puck if it's not intercepted and then dump and don't chase.  That's what we did against the BJ's all weekend.  At least we know that White was not the answer...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.