• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Kronwall is among the league-leaders in points on defense.  Quincey hasn't been as bad as he was early on.  Ericsson is downright terribad.  Playing with Cleary and Abdelkader on the PP doesn't help one's "quarterback Defenseman" qualities.  So, scoring points proves you don't belong?  I guess I should hope the defenseman just don't bother taking the ice anymore.  Kronwall hasn't been perfect, but to say Ericsson got better after he cost us the Chicago game is silly.  He's a waste of a roster spot.  Same with Kindl.

I never said Ericsson belongs on the team, I'm seeing minor improvement but he is still not worth the money we are giving him, let alone a roster spot. Kronwall is not #1 defenseman, he cannot lead and again proved my point last night against the CBJs. I enjoy Kronwall on the PP but I certainly don't like him paired with Ericsson. Quincey makes nearly 4 million a season and plays like he is trying to crack the lineup. Probably the worse trade deadline move since acquiring Lang a while back. The team needs a shut-down defenseman who plays a two-way style. Kronwall only has one style (offense), Ericsson has one style (offense), Kindl has one style (offense by pinching every time hes on the ice), Quincey has one style (offense), Smith has one style (offense) and yet the last guy who is probably the only one emerging out of all of them is Brian Lashoff who plays a two-way style defense. 

tomastatar.png

#82 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

FYI, the phrase means coming out of a trade better than when you enter. It's used all the time. "Star" is a relative term. Different players are stars to different teams for different reasons. Do I expect to get Corey Perry for Ericsson and a 7th? Absolutely not. But quality players can be had. Holland tried, as Bruce Garrioch recently reported, to trade for O'Reilly. Given the asking price, that would've been a mistake. He's talked with the Panthers about Stephen Weiss. He's trying to make a deal. It's not like he's on vacation. As the poster before you said, it can be incredible what just a few players can do for your team. You never know until you try. So, know that I've told you what it means, yes, we need to add without subtracting in an overall, general "team" sense.

I know what it means. And I may be wrong but I lump you into the 90% of people here that do t want to trade dats, Tatar, Nyquist etc etc but expect stars in return. And that's exactly what we need is a star. We got plenty of depth we just lack top end talent at wing.

#83 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

I know what it means. And I may be wrong but I lump you into the 90% of people here that do t want to trade dats, Tatar, Nyquist etc etc but expect stars in return. And that's exactly what we need is a star. We got plenty of depth we just lack top end talent at wing.

I don't want to trade any of them. It may all be a moot point as I have a strong sense that Holland's going to sell HARD at the deadline. We might just be stripped clean when we come out of the deadline. Who knows? This weekend really soured the outlook. It got so much murkier and far less optimistic. I'd love to get a top-6 winger, too. Those can be had without totally selling the farm. I don't want a superstar. We won't have the cap room to pay superstar dollars. Someone at least somewhat-capable of adding a scoring punch will be fine. Again, to be honest, it really feels like seller mode is upon us. It's really sad.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#84 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

WIthout consulting CapGeek or any of those sites, but how can we not have money to spend after Lidstrom retiring and not being replaced?

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#85 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

WIthout consulting CapGeek or any of those sites, but how can we not have money to spend after Lidstrom retiring and not being replaced?

Salary Cap reduction + the resigning of Howard (somewhere between 3.5-5 mil) + Resigning Brunner or Fil ect...

Unfortunately.