• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

USA TODAY’s Kevin Allen reported the following via Twitter: “Look for the Carolina Hurricanes to trade for a veteran defenseman over the next few days.”

Ian White's new home? 

#2 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

For 2nd (or 3rd) draft pick?!

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#3 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I would be fine with either.  See if you can get a 2nd... it is what San Jose gave to Carolina when he was traded back in 2011. 

If not, make it a conditional 3rd round pick... jumps to a 2nd rounder if Carolina gets to the ECF.  I'm okay with that too.

I like the guy and I think that his numbers could be solid even without playing alongside Lidstrom, but he's certainly working his way out of the line-up with poor play and poor attitude.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#4 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I actually really like Ian White. And not just when he was with Lidstrom. This season he just seems like a non-factor though. As of right now I would be happy to move him for a 2nd. Hopefully he picks up his game.

He has a surprisingly hard shot from the point, I just wish he would learn to use it more.

#5 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

I wouldn't move him unless we can get something significant back for him. His contract's coming off the books in the summer, anyways. It's not like we're trying to dumping salary. Make Carolina pay if they want him. If they don't, re-insert him into the lineup and see if the benching lit a fire under him. If it didn't, he won't be impossible to replace if we let him walk this summer.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993, 01 March 2013 - 05:01 PM.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#6 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Pitkanen left tonight's game with an upper body injury after just being re-activated.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#7 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Wouldn't mind trading White for a 2nd or 3rd as mentioned.

I just don't know if Carolina is really interested in having White back. Maybe they are but I doubt it.

Would Toronto or Montreal be interested?

#8 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I can't imagine that the Wings will re-sign White so I hope they are shopping him. He's a decent puck moving dman so I would think he has some value for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I would rather see Lashoff in the lineup rather than White. 

#9 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

problem with white going to carolina is he's already played there and sucked there,.....SJ would be a better fit as at least he was decent when he played there. Maybe the thought of not being in their conference next year will grease trade wheels.