• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/5 GDT : Avalanche 1 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Tatar had a pretty bad game... Howard pretty much stole this game. Some huge breakdowns gave Colorado grade A scoring chances. D still needs to get better but they are learning and have been much better the last 5 games. Colorado came with a winning effort they played a great game that gets 2 points most of the time. Good win

Im sorry, how did Tatar have a bad game? I must have went to the fridge for that

Im sorry, how did Tatar have a bad game? I must have went to the fridge for that

He didn't. He just wasn't one of our top 3 players in this game. Still lightyears ahead of Abby and Clears though.

He had a string of poor shifts where he got burned defensively, made poor passes, and generally wasn't strong on his stick. I believe this was in the second period.

If Tatar had a bad game, please explain to me the game Cleary and Abby had.

Cleary had a terrible first period, but was okay after that. Abby played a solid game and helped setup the Wings' second goal. It is funny that the Cleary-Dats-Abby line would score one shift after Tatar was taken off the line. I do still think that Tatar should get a chance on that line, but IMO Cleary was much worse than Abby last night and Tatar didn't play as well as he had in the past few games.

I was curious, so I took the time to check. Twenty-three games into the season, a goals-per-game scored average of 2.74, second lowest since 1999-00.

Make of it (if anything) what you will.

We had a much better team in 99-00, so I guess it can't be that bad if were scoring just as many goals

didn't get a chance to get on here and comment during the game. I was close to coming on here after the first and commenting on how Franzine had some jump and looked like he was giving 100% so far, but my son was playing his Skylanders Universe game and couldn't get on here, anyhow, of course then he scored his goal and went on to play a great game by his standards.

Now, that is the type of game that makes him Franzen and not Franzine. My only question is, is this his one game that he is The Mule and we are back to Franzine for the next 20 or is he ready to become that Franzen on 2008 and 2009? I hope for the latter, of course, because that Franzen is what we need...not Franzine the :balloon: .

I still don't like the guy and still want him off this team, but at least if he starts producing, I can stomach the fact that he is here...I guess we will see. But, like a true fan, I say congrats to him on a great game played. He was a force out there for most the game and he deserved his star.

I see Babcock put Tatar on Dats line for a shift...is that all we are going to see Babs? One shift? Because it wasn't 2 minutes later and #8 was back out there with him...Thanks Babcock, we really got to see what those two could do...

edit: Brunner gets more and more amazing every game. When the debate comes up this summer on who do we choose to re-sign, Filppula or Brunner, I am casting my vote right now for Brunner. I say that because, unless Filppula gets traded, I know that thread will come up and with other FA's to re-sign and some nice UFA's out there, it might come down to giving the $4.5M to Filppula or Brunner...

So far the pole is: Brunner 1 - Filppula 0

Edited by LeftWinger

We had a much better team in 99-00, so I guess it can't be that bad if were scoring just as many goals

Long after I typed it I thought I didn't word it correctly, so let me try again: In the period starting with the 1999-00 season, it's the second lowest goals-per-game average (the lowest was 2006-07, 2.61). In the "Conference Era" of the League (from 1993-94), it still ranks second. All-time it sits at thirty-fifth.

Long after I typed it I thought I didn't word it correctly, so let me try again: In the period starting with the 1999-00 season, it's the second lowest goals-per-game average (the lowest was 2006-07, 2.61). In the "Conference Era" of the League (from 1993-94), it still ranks second. All-time it sits at thirty-fifth.

makes more sense now, although we have won 2 cups in that time frame