• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

If Kenny can't get a big RH def like Bogosian or Byfuglien then he shouldn't trade for JBO...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#42 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Byfuglien

Now that would be interesting. He would probably cost a ton though...; But he would be an interesting fit. Definitely help offensively, and physically.

#43 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'll give you one point for funniness.

I would not mind Gaborik were the price right.

It should be right.  He hasn't had a good year and is mediocre in the playoffs.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#44 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

gaborik for CHEAP. hes more streaky then franzen and isnt very clutch

vanek sure i doubt he moves though

hemski seem to always be available at the deadline. pass on him i dont think hes anything special

clowe id take just for size and grit

#45 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

This is correct. 

Also, TheFourthPeriod.com is reporting that Holland has been "very" active on the phones and he's seeking a top pairing d-man, a top six winger, and a depth forward.

Take that for what it's worth. 

http://www.thefourth...det130329a.html

Don't see why we need a depth forward, unless we are trading away a few of our already numerous crew to gain that top scorer.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#46 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Now that would be interesting. He would probably cost a ton though...; But he would be an interesting fit. Definitely help offensively, and physically.

1st, Ouellet, Nyquist or Tatar, Carlo or White, Emmerton

Don't see why we need a depth forward, unless we are trading away a few of our already numerous crew to gain that top scorer.

I think that Flip and Eaves could be traded
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#47 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

1st, Ouellet, Nyquist or Tatar, Carlo or White, Emmerton

I'd do it. 

They might want more, I have no idea what their needs are though. But I think we can afford to let some prospects go. I really wouldn't touch Sproul, Mrazek, or Jarnkrok. And I wouldn't want to lose both Nyquist or Tatar. But everyone else I might be able to let go, especially for someone that can contribute for several more seasons.

#48 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'd do it. 

They might want more, I have no idea what their needs are though. But I think we can afford to let some prospects go. I really wouldn't touch Sproul, Mrazek, or Jarnkrok. And I wouldn't want to lose both Nyquist or Tatar. But everyone else I might be able to let go, especially for someone that can contribute for several more seasons.

I agree with you 100%

#49 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Streaky?  Right.  They guy hasn't put up fewer than 20 goals since his rookie year (18) except in 08-09 when he had 13 goals and 10 assists in 17 games played.  You can say a lot of things about Marian Gaborik, but any way you look at it the guy's an elite goal scorer. 

gaborik for CHEAP. hes more streaky then franzen and isnt very clutch

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#50 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Streaky?  Right.  They guy hasn't put up fewer than 20 goals since his rookie year (18) except in 08-09 when he had 13 goals and 10 assists in 17 games played.  You can say a lot of things about Marian Gaborik, but any way you look at it the guy's an elite goal scorer. 

Lol at any Red Wing fan who wouldn't want Gaborik on this team.

#51 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Lol at any Red Wing fan who wouldn't want Gaborik on this team.

A line of Gaborik-Pavel-Franzen would be hard to stop, and would require the tough defensive matchups, clearing the ice a little for Flip-Hank-Brunner (or whoever).  I'd love it. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#52 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'd give a ton to get Gaborik on this team.  No matter how many goals he scores in New York, he'll always be "underachieving".  It's the nature of playing in New York.  Not very many good playmakers with the Rangers, either.  We could provide him a few centers who could feed him the puck.  Pav and Gabby would be DEADLY.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#53 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Interesting...

http://www.fannation...ated-discussion

#54 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Interesting...

http://www.fannation...ated-discussion

Get him here! Will rip it up with pav!! He's played all star games with him and from what I remember gabby loves pavel

#55 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

For his contract, I expect him to be a much better player.  It's not a coincidence that New York is looking to move him and Minny eventually let him go as well.  Putting up more than 20 goals isn't saying much.    

He's a good scorer, but not "elite".  Just as streaky as Franzen, minus Franzen's playoff numbers.

We do need a scorer of some kind, though, so it all depends on the price.     

#56 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

How do some of you not want Gaborik, but want Clowe?
Him and his big 0 goals.

#57 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

he can score i never said that.  i watch a lot of rangers hockey since theyre local to me. he has a hell of a shot but he goes into some slumps.s eems like whenever i watch he either has a 4 goal game or doesnt do s*** but what do i know. . im not against having him here. id trade cola or white and a first. nyquist if it closed the deal

right now he has 333 career goals and 333 assist for 666 pts. neat

Edited by brett, 30 March 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#58 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

He's awful on defense.

#59 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Clowe waves non trade clause, Sharks to deal him soon, where to?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#60 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Clowe waves non trade clause, Sharks to deal him soon, where to?

Pittsburgh probably.

:sleepy: