• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Top 6 fwd next?

Rate this topic

Filppula and (something) for Vanek?

Rather see Vanek here than Gaborik as far as top 6 forwards go.

The Sabres aren't likely to trade for Flip because they aren't making the playoffs, so a rental player has absolutely no value to them. I like Vanek, but you'd have to give them something else for sure.

Conversely, Flip might have value to the Rangers as it looks like they'll sneak into the playoffs and could use the rental.

The Sabres aren't likely to trade for Flip because they aren't making the playoffs, so a rental player has absolutely no value to them. I like Vanek, but you'd have to give them something else for sure.

Conversely, Flip might have value to the Rangers as it looks like they'll sneak into the playoffs and could use the rental.

What would happen though if either of those teams could sign Filppula as part of the deal? Then Filppula might not be just a rental?

And unless Buffalo does have a firesale I don't really see them trading Vanek.

However I'm big on Vanek just as a player. He could fit nicely into our top 6.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

What would happen though if either of those teams could sign Filppula as part of the deal? Then Filppula might not be just a rental?

And unless Buffalo does have a firesale I don't really see them trading Vanek.

However I'm big on Vanek just as a player. He could fit nicely into our top 6.

I mean anything's possible, but given their position in the standings I'm assuming that Buffalo wants picks or NHL ready prospects before they want an upcoming UFA. I definitely think Vanek could be had, it would just cost a lot and might not be worth it, as good as he is. I think Pominville is probably the more cost effective option if you're going to trade with Buffalo, and while he's a real good player, he's not as much a pure finisher as Vanek is. And I definitely want a pure goal scorer. Something that will bury those beautiful Datsyuk set ups. Vanek is that, so is Gaborik, Pominville...maybe, but a significant step down as a scorer.

Edit: One reason I like Gaborik over Vanek is because he's exactly the type of player I hope Brunner will become. He'd be a great example for Damien in terms of learning how to use that speed and shot effectively (and consistently) in the tighter checking, faster, NHL game.

Cola, Sammy and Helm. :tounge:

esteef

Probably.

Edited by kipwinger

I need more scoring... i gotta have more

scoring...

A good defense can lead to a quick transition and more scoring.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Wings give up way more odd man rushes than they have?

I'd agree though, our defensive depth should be good enough. Our forwards just aren't cutting it right now, injuries have a lot to do with it, but it's still something that should be fixed.

This is correct.

Also, TheFourthPeriod.com is reporting that Holland has been "very" active on the phones and he's seeking a top pairing d-man, a top six winger, and a depth forward.

Take that for what it's worth.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det130329a.html

How do they know? Are they tapping the GM's phones?

Guest Crymson

Maybe that's who Holland was calling on the phone.

I'll give you one point for funniness.

I would not mind Gaborik were the price right.

gaborik for CHEAP. hes more streaky then franzen and isnt very clutch

vanek sure i doubt he moves though

hemski seem to always be available at the deadline. pass on him i dont think hes anything special

clowe id take just for size and grit

This is correct.

Also, TheFourthPeriod.com is reporting that Holland has been "very" active on the phones and he's seeking a top pairing d-man, a top six winger, and a depth forward.

Take that for what it's worth.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det130329a.html

Don't see why we need a depth forward, unless we are trading away a few of our already numerous crew to gain that top scorer.

Now that would be interesting. He would probably cost a ton though...; But he would be an interesting fit. Definitely help offensively, and physically.

1st, Ouellet, Nyquist or Tatar, Carlo or White, Emmerton

Don't see why we need a depth forward, unless we are trading away a few of our already numerous crew to gain that top scorer.

I think that Flip and Eaves could be traded

1st, Ouellet, Nyquist or Tatar, Carlo or White, Emmerton

I'd do it.

They might want more, I have no idea what their needs are though. But I think we can afford to let some prospects go. I really wouldn't touch Sproul, Mrazek, or Jarnkrok. And I wouldn't want to lose both Nyquist or Tatar. But everyone else I might be able to let go, especially for someone that can contribute for several more seasons.

I'd do it.

They might want more, I have no idea what their needs are though. But I think we can afford to let some prospects go. I really wouldn't touch Sproul, Mrazek, or Jarnkrok. And I wouldn't want to lose both Nyquist or Tatar. But everyone else I might be able to let go, especially for someone that can contribute for several more seasons.

I agree with you 100%

Streaky? Right. They guy hasn't put up fewer than 20 goals since his rookie year (18) except in 08-09 when he had 13 goals and 10 assists in 17 games played. You can say a lot of things about Marian Gaborik, but any way you look at it the guy's an elite goal scorer.

gaborik for CHEAP. hes more streaky then franzen and isnt very clutch

Streaky? Right. They guy hasn't put up fewer than 20 goals since his rookie year (18) except in 08-09 when he had 13 goals and 10 assists in 17 games played. You can say a lot of things about Marian Gaborik, but any way you look at it the guy's an elite goal scorer.

Lol at any Red Wing fan who wouldn't want Gaborik on this team.