Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1, at Ducks 3. (Anaheim leads, 1-0)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
718 replies to this topic

#641 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Kindl s***ting his pants all game is not going to cut the mustard...

#642 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys.  I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

Yeah, he took the penalty that lead to the 1st goal.

Nyquist has jump in his step and is always around the puck. Sure he will make some mistakes, he's young. But I would take him in our line up over Flip any day, cus he showed more heart in tonights game than Flip has all year. (if only Gus was a center)

People are ragging on Kindl & Quincey and Smith, But Kronwall really hasn't done a whole lot to jump up & down about. He's getting knocked off the the puck down low and in front, Makes some bad pinches, and hasn't hit the net in quite some time.

Wings are still ok, if you're ready to throw in the towel after 1 game, SEE YA!  :bye1:

Edited by Wing-in-avs-town, 01 May 2013 - 12:50 AM.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#643 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sit Eaves, Brunner and Kindl for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and White. Tell Flip to grow a pair of nuts and wake up the Mule

I'm almost certain that Samuelsson is being kept healthy for a buyout. I doubt you'll see him.

#644 red and white forever

red and white forever

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Bottom line is our Wings played well, not good enough, but well.  The only glaring thing for me was our break out, sloppy turnovers which will be addressed.  Ducks came out flying in the second and definitely rattled our young d core, growing pains indeed.  Babs and co. have to address this for sure, our lads will prevail, keep the faith! Wings in 6!

#645 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

I would love to know what Kindl does to continue to get so much ice time by babs. Kindl is just awful. I counted at least 5 giveaways by Kindl tonight, some of which led to near goals. He took a stupid delay of game penalty when he had time to control the puck, he never knows when to shoot or not and pinches way too much. I have no big problems with any of our other Dmen but I cannot stand Kindl and I find it funny that he is out there in the last minute of play. I would like to see Ian White inserted into the lineup in the place of Kindl... we could really use a right handed shot back there. As for the rest of the team, they seemed to be lacking energy tonight. They always seemed a step too slow. Koivu's line was good, but I think Pavs and Hank will be better next game. Also, even though he was partially screened, I think Howard should have had Selanne's shot, but overall the Wings just were lacking energy. I suspect the Wings get a W on Thursday.

#646 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

I am not that impressed with Nyquist...sorry guys.  I am willing to bet he gets the scratch for Bertuzzi...and if Sammy comes in, Eaves or TooToo will be out...I barely even seen Tootoo out there, was he dressed at all?

Yeah, he took the penalty that lead to the 1st goal.

Nyquist has jump in his step and is always around the puck. Sure he will make some mistakes, he's young. But I would take him in our line up over Flip any day, cus he showed more heart in tonights game than Flip has all year. (if only Gus was a center)

People are ragging on Kindl & Quincey and Smith, But Kronwall really hasn't done a whole lot to jump up & down about. He's getting knocked off the the puck down low and in front, Makes some bad pinches, and hasn't hit the net in quite some time.

Wings are still ok, if you're ready to throw in the towel after 1 game, SEE YA!  :bye1:

Z- Pav - Brunner

Franz - Fil - Bert

Cleary - Andy - Abby

Tootoo - Emmerton - Eaves

Who is throwing the towel in?  Just pointing out the glaring reasons they lost tonight...I agree Kronwall looked bad at times too. I think he tries too much for the redirect of rebound off the boards when he attempts a shot, he needs to just blast it at the net...Q and K were awful, no ifs and or buts about it...Everyone who didn't play on the top line played with 20% energy...it was painfully obvious. Goal #2 was soft for Jimmy's standards, but despite all this, it came down to a one goal game basically...lack of offense and dumb, momentum killing penalties... Hell if is wasn't for a 5 on 3, we'd had been shutout...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#647 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Who is throwing the towel in?  Just pointing out the glaring reasons they lost tonight...I agree Kronwall looked bad at times too. I think he tries too much for the redirect of rebound off the boards when he attempts a shot, he needs to just blast it at the net...Q and K were awful, no ifs and or buts about it...Everyone who didn't play on the top line played with 20% energy...it was painfully obvious. Goal #2 was soft for Jimmy's standards, but despite all this, it came down to a one goal game basically...lack of offense and dumb, momentum killing penalties... Hell if is wasn't for a 5 on 3, we'd had been shutout...

As unimpressive as the WIngs were tonight the Ducks only squeaked out a 1 goal win (+EN). Plenty of room for improvement for the WIngs and still a very winnable series.

#648 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Forgive my cross-posting, but I thought you guys could use some cheering up. At least this didn't happen:

oops.gif

#649 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Tough game. That Selanne goal was pretty weak. We badly need a split on the road

Oh also Bertuzzi and Samuelsson both need to be in

#650 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Not insinuating you, just those in Red Wing Nation that have been hitting the panic button most of the year.

Forgive my cross-posting, but I thought you guys could use some cheering up. At least this didn't happen:

oops.gif

At least not tonight

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#651 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

Buddy we can't change the roster. Get over it. Either get on board and quit whining like a 6 year old or hit the road

As someone who has followed the Wings basically since birth, I reject the notion that I have to be satisfied with the product we are seeing right now or to take a hike.  That's just true arrogance (or is it defeatism?) showing.  Perhaps you should take the hike and get off of the bandwagon.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 01 May 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#652 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Tough game. That Selanne goal was pretty weak. We badly need a split on the road

Oh also Bertuzzi and Samuelsson both need to be in

Do you really think that inserting Samuelsson, who has been addled with a plethora of ailments that have limited him to four games in the past calendar year, is going to make a positive difference?

#653 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

As someone who has followed the Wings basically since birth, I reject the notion that I have to be satisfied with the product we are seeing right now or to take a hike.  That's just true arrogance (or is it defeatism?) showing.  Perhaps you should take the hike and get off of the bandwagon.

I am guessing by your whining and bitching that you were born 11 years ago ? Any guy that is a true fan that questions the roster 2 periods into game one of a 7 game series is lost. Settle in. Have some faith. Be a fan and not a knee jerk reaction negative nancy like some of your friends on here. We need to be better that is obvious This is our lineup. They all know how to get it done. RELAX

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#654 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

I am guessing by your whining and bitching that you were born 11 years ago ? Any guy that is a true fan that questions the roster 2 periods into game one of a 7 game series is lost. Settle in. Have some faith. Be a fan and not a knee jerk reaction negative nancy like some of your friends on here. We need to be better that is obvious This is our lineup. They all know how to get it done. RELAX

LOL - I've been questioning this roster for 3 damned years now - it was clear Holland wasn't planning for the post-Lidstrom era and was and still is infatuated with guys like Sammy and Bert.  Not to mention he gives up 1st round picks for Quincey ( :lol: )

And from what we've seen all year long, they clearly do have depth issues and will continue to have them as long as we rely on older players who are more fragile (or who have a lot of miles on the tires) and players who have ZERO grit (Ericcson/Flip especially).

What other than the last week of the season, has this group done this year to inspire any faith?  This isn't 1997.  And it sure as hell isn't 2002.  Wake up.  The Wings barely got into the playoffs in a shortened season, are playing with basically 1/2 of a d-pair and about 4 legit players in the top 6.  There are some nice parts, but they lack shooting, physicality and any type of legitimate secondary scoring.

The better team won tonight.  End of story.  This may be a very quick series unless a completely different Wings team shows up.  Open your eyes already.

Do you really think that inserting Samuelsson, who has been addled with a plethora of ailments that have limited him to four games in the past calendar year, is going to make a positive difference?

Yeah I don't get the infatuation with Bert playing either.  The guy hasn't played basically at all this year.  Same with Helm.  Inserting them now will only disrupt things and likely lead to further injury.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 01 May 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#655 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Say what you will about Samuelsson, I'm not his biggest fan either especially this version of him, but he has come up huge in the playoffs in the past. I'm not saying he will now, but he deserves a chance. Babcock needs to shift the lineup a bit after a loss. This is the perfect opportunity for it. He might have been injury prone this season, but that doesn't automatically mean he's going to be a liability for us in the playoffs.

#656 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Well i had Anaheim in 7 so not surprised they took the first game.  Not sure why so many ppl wanted the Ducks when i thought even tho we beat them twice they outplayed us in both games and once pretty badly.  I guess most ppl were in bed for those games.

Posted Image

#657 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Say what you will about Samuelsson, I'm not his biggest fan either especially this version of him, but he has come up huge in the playoffs in the past. I'm not saying he will now, but he deserves a chance. Babcock needs to shift the lineup a bit after a loss. This is the perfect opportunity for it. He might have been injury prone this season, but that doesn't automatically mean he's going to be a liability for us in the playoffs.

He has one goal in his past 18 playoff games.

#658 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Well i had Anaheim in 7 so not surprised they took the first game.  Not sure why so many ppl wanted the Ducks when i thought even tho we beat them twice they outplayed us in both games and once pretty badly.  I guess most ppl were in bed for those games.

The alternative was Chicago.  At least we won against the Ducks.

#659 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

The better team won tonight.  End of story.  This may be a very quick series unless a completely different Wings team shows up.  Open your eyes already.

I tend to stop reading when people use such arbitrarily absolute terms as "end of story" and "open your eyes" in a discussion in which so much is subjective. Your word ain't the last, pal.

#660 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

We don't need to start mixing things up after losing the first game of the playoffs. We are treading in unusual waters, we aren't the elite Red Wings anymore, we are the 7th seed facing the 2nd seed and it's not going to be an easy feat to pull off. I believe it's possible but tend to maintain realistic expectations considering the fact that this time around we really are the underdog and will remain so if we advance further. We didn't lose 7-1, we lost 2-1 and we aren't facing a catastrophic situation considering the success of the team we are facing. 

With that said, in this playoff environment and the physical nature of game 1, I wouldn't mind seeing Bert join the squad. Other than that, Sammy, White, they can stay where they are.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg