• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Should Howard be benched?

Rate this topic

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bench him he sucks! Did you see all those goals he let in last night? He should never be allowed to touch a sheet of ice again! I hope Kenny trades for Anders Lindback this offseason, or convinces Tom Cheveldae to come out of retirement. Those were the days...

Guest The Axe

Bench him he sucks! Did you see all those goals he let in last night? He should never be allowed to touch a sheet of ice again! I hope Kenny trades for Anders Lindback this offseason, or convinces Tom Cheveldae to come out of retirement. Those were the days...

Tom was good too, even though he didn't play hockey like his brother. He did get a certificate, however, for level 3 Microsoft office professional efficiency training.

I didn't watch game 3, but even after that, a big resounding no.

Only down 1 game at the time in a series that could honestly go either way/flip a coin.

He was arguably the main force taking this team the playoffs, the Monster has had extremely limited playing time due to the team fighting for a playoff spot, as long as Howard isn't injured they are riding on his back whether he gives up 1 goal a game or 8.

Guest The Axe

There are so many answers to the question, but they all translate into "no".

Guest irishock

There are so many answers to the question, but they all translate into "no".

You've nary any room to speak, Axe. You were the one that started the Howard is Average thread. Don't back off.

You've nary any room to speak, Axe. You were the one that started the Howard is Average thread. Don't back off.

He is average. But there are no options worth mentioning. Norm Miracle ain't walkin through that door.

Edited by Number19

He is average. But there are no options worth mentioning. Norm Miracle ain't walkin through that door.

maracle* and howie is well above average...someof these "elite goalies" everyone refer to, have been far worse then howie all year

and you're honestly going to try and say that Norm Maracle was/is better than howie? that is just ridiculous, he couldn't even make it in the nhl as a back up

Guest The Axe

He hasnt looked great this series, bit I admitted that he was phenominal during the 2nd half. I always listen to arguments and admit when I am wrong or was wrong, unlike some others on here.

As much as I dislike Howard, no he shouldn't. Howard has been exactly what he is this series. Nothing more, nothing less. Our problem is our complete lack of offense and our largely rookie (AND LOLQUINCEY) defense. Benching Howard won't change either of those.

Besides, I don't think Gustavsson is any better.

Guest irishock

I just find it funny that this season when the Wings cannot score its their teams fault...rightly so...but in 2003 when the Wings couldn't score it was CuJo's fault...I understand the love for Howard, but its the same situation. The Wings must score to win. Goalies need to make the big stops all the time, but that won't ever happen. Bad goals happen. You just have to score to win.

I hate the CuJo haters. He could've led this team far in the playoffs if that spineless idiot Dave Lewis did his job.

Come back to me when Z stops with the blind backhand passes in his own zone, when Flip stops with the drop passes to the Ducks behind his own net, and when Smith and Quincey show that they're physically capable of controlling a puck with their stick.

Because right now we are gifting the Ducks most of their chances. Easily 2/3 of their goals are off Wings turnovers.