• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

With Horton, Ference, Jagr, and Pandolfo going to free agency, and both Seguin and Peverley being shopped, the Bruins could look significantly different next season.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#22 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

To those saying no to seguin, ur crazy. For his age he's doing awesome. Incredibly talented FUTURE star. Problem is he'll cost a ton and is good friends with patty kane

Now I understand why he seems like just as much of a ****** as Kane...

#23 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Mark my words, Tatar is going to be a STAR...
I can feel it!

So no to any deal that involves him.

Edited by SaCkaveli20, 29 June 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#24 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

And this is a good reason to pick up more of then?

He's not worth the supposed king's ransom Boston would require.

More of them?  I was joking.  As  has been mentioned, he's 21 years old and has played 3 seasons in the NHL, and he's already put up more points in one season than Franzen ever has.  That seems a tad early to write him off.

Supposed by who?  How you can you possibly shoot down a deal without even knowing what it is?

#25 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Also hearing via twitter Myers and Skinner are being shopped

#26 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yes please.
It will never happen but I'd love to get Seguin. I think he'll continue to improve even if he disappeared in the playoffs.
And I'll say the same thing that I said about Letang...
"That boy would look goooood in a Wings sweater <3"

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#27 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm not on the no or yes to Seguin.

However with this draft as "supposedly" as deep as it is...

Not surprised the B's are shopping him probably for some draft picks "tomorrow."

And whatever else they can muster up.

Otherwise he ain't getting moved. Yet.

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Keep in mind Rask is looking at a minimal of 7 million per year, then they have to re-sign Horton too so thats about 12 - 13 million for two players against the cap. If I were PC I'd try to shop Seguin + first for Pietrangelo. Read somewhere that Pietrangelo wants 7 million per year and the Blues don't want to pay him that (= lowballing) that guy.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Keep in mind Rask is looking at a minimal of 7 million per year, then they have to re-sign Horton too so thats about 12 - 13 million for two players against the cap. If I were PC I'd try to shop Seguin + first for Pietrangelo. Read somewhere that Pietrangelo wants 7 million per year and the Blues don't want to pay him that (= lowballing) that guy.

Horton has informed the team he will be heading to free agency.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#30 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

I love how people say no to a 21 year old who's been buried on the third line in Boston but put up numbers nonetheless, yet the guys on our team who are on the PP and second and first line who don't put up equal numbers are "inconsistent" but find some way to defend them.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#31 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

I think Charelli and Neely are messing with the Young man's head.

I think this is their way of motivating a young guy who has had some professionalism issues and spends a lot of time enjoying the amble bars Boston has to offer.

This is staging on their part and I imagine they released the statement saying he is being shopped around.

The expectations for him was that he would be Stamkos by now, he obviously is not, but that is what they are expecting around here (I live in NH and get all the Boston Sports stations).

And then you throw into the mix Marchand's rise in stock compared to where he and Sequin were drafted, and the whole Kessel trade deal this kid is under a lot of pressure to perform.

With the losses they are expected to have this off season, I do not expect them to trade him, they are just trying to motivate his off season!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Seguin will be a really good 2-way forward, close to a point per game.  He would be worth a decent amount, but I'd rather watch our guys take the spots that are theirs like they did this past season.

Rask is a really good goalie, but no goalie is worth more than a $6mil cap hit unless they play 75+ games a year allowing a league min signing as a backup.

I'd love Horton, but wanting $6mil per with some injury issues and he hasn't had a season yet that's worthy of that money.  He's been a big playoff guy, but with the cap going down $6mil, GM's need to stop watching Shero raise bars like it's a high jump contest.  

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#33 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

"In attempt to keep Nathan Horton, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli sniffed around to see what Tyler Seguin might bring back. Chiarelli was caught off guard when Horton said he would test the free agent market. 15 teams called the Bruins about Seguin. Trade talks died after Horton said he was moving on."

according to bruce garrioch of the ottawa sun

edit: maybe seguin is still in play? lebrun had this to say....

"GM Chiarelli continue to listen to teams on Seguin after Horton said he wouldn’t be returning. It’s likely that he won’t go anywhere, but LeBrun wouldn’t close the door on it."

Edited by amato, 01 July 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#34 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

More than anything I think Chiarelli is/was trying to send Seguin a message of sorts.