33 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 29 Jun

Love the Seguin speculation. His name is absolutely in play. Bruins with so many unsigned guys. "Kings ransom" expected.

Expand

man wanted him so bad a few years ago i know boston has been dissapointed with him but hes still so young , what would it take to get him? would anyone take a chance? be nice to have a 20 yr old  future star on the team, could never happen anyways since were gonna be in the same division

2 first round picks

tatar and ouellet???

#2 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Pass.

#3 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

No

#4 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

He still hasn't really come into his own, and his production disappears for long stretches. No thanks.

#5 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

he's just 21 .... trust me hes gonna easily be a point a game player , if boston trades him they will really regret it

#6 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's going to cost a lot. I would absolutely love to lock him up in Detroit long term tho! doods gunna be great

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

With Horton now saying he's going to move on, that might change the Seguin situation a bit.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#8 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

He still hasn't really come into his own, and his production disappears for long stretches.

I've got a feeling there might be a connection between those 2 statements....if only I could figure out what it is! :lol:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#9 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

With Horton now saying he's going to move on, that might change the Seguin situation a bit.

where did you hear that horton wants to leave? i never heard  that

#10 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

where did you hear that horton wants to leave? i never heard  that

Told Boston be wants a fresh start.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Horton's agent Paul Krepelka: "Nathan has told BOS he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."

#11 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

More on Horton:

Just spoke Paul Krepelka who confirmed @TSNBobMcKenzie's report that Nathan Horton headed to UFA. Wasn't about $$$, no proposals exchanged.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#12 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

As the OP mentioned, Detroit and Boston will be in the same division next year. 

He's got a lot of potential but it seems unlikely they'd trade a young guy within their division. 

He still hasn't really come into his own, and his production disappears for long stretches. No thanks.

It's a good thing the Wings don't have any players who disappear for long stretches.  *cough* Mule *cough*

He's 21 years old and has only been in the NHL 3 seasons.  He put up 32 points in 48 games this year and 67 in 81 the season before.  That would've put him tied for 2nd on the team with Datsyuk.

He needs to bulk up and is still developing his game at this level.  I'd definitely be interested but like I mentioned because of the realignment it seems unlikely Boston would trade him to Detroit.

#13 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

wow gotta say im surprised horton wants to leave boston , hes on a great team so im gonna predict he goes to a sunny area or place with low taxes

#14 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Isn't his wife a model?  California or New York then? ;)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#15 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

I am sure the Bruins would expect a Kings risesome return for him.

Shocked that Horton wants to move on, get him please :-)

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#16 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

It's a good thing the Wings don't have any players who disappear for long stretches.  *cough* Mule *cough*

And this is a good reason to pick up more of then?

He's not worth the supposed king's ransom Boston would require.

#17 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Price will be too high for Seguin... nobody is going to meet their asking price.

Horton is gone, they have to buy out Savard, then they'll be about 10M under the cap, but 7 of that is going to Rask.

Boston GM has some work to do.

Edited by matthewdanna, 29 June 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#18 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

And this is a good reason to pick up more of then?

He's not worth the supposed king's ransom Boston would require.

more of them??? hes 21 and he's played alot of games on the 3rd line and for whatever reason the puck wouldnt go in for him but he created alot of chances and got off alot of shots hes not lazy

would you pass on taylor hall as well??? he hasnt really put up eye popping numbers yet either, anyways bruins would never trade him to detroit , would need a 3rd team involved but the guy is gonna be great

#19 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

more of them??? hes 21 and he's played alot of games on the 3rd line and for whatever reason the puck wouldnt go in for him but he created alot of chances and got off alot of shots hes not lazy

would you pass on taylor hall as well??? he hasnt really put up eye popping numbers yet either, anyways bruins would never trade him to detroit , would need a 3rd team involved but the guy is gonna be great

Our reclamation projects are for the old, beat-up cast-offs exclusively, not the young talented but misguided, still with a long hockey life in front of them type of players.   

This off season is already way more exciting than I thought it was gonna be.

#20 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

To those saying no to seguin, ur crazy. For his age he's doing awesome. Incredibly talented FUTURE star. Problem is he'll cost a ton and is good friends with patty kane