• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamcar1984

Wings in on Alfredsson

Rate this topic

192 posts in this topic

You are banking a lot on the future of a guy who was unable to keep up with the NHL pace over a half season, he is yet to play a full season in the league and you are extrapolating what he can do based off of what he did in a very small sample size.

I am basing what Alfie can do over a long career worth of accomplishments.

Brunner is an unknown commodity and has people feeling giddy with hope, Alfie is a guy who you know what you are going to get, and that is not nearly as exciting as Brunner's potential.

Also while Brunner is a lot younger than Alfie he is not a 20 year old rookie, he is 27, there is a reason it took him until the age of 27 to be discovered!

Following your logic we should just trade all our draft picks for known players then because we can predict their output.

I find it somewhat refreshing to see a tweet that stated “Alfie wanted a shot at a Cup before retirement.” Shows that DRW may still be “it” franchise for veterans wanting to win. Maybe not so much with the younger crew, but could be nice if it rubs off on some of them. Or maybe the Wings could just win a Cup again and do it the old fashioned way!

Given the choice between overpaying Brunner due to a bidding war(as it appears Brunner wants to test the market) or Alfie in this instance I pick Alfie.

But if you are asking me do we trade a pick for Alfie or draft Sequin, Hall, Stamkos, etc...

I take the draft pick.

See I am not assigning my logic to all situations, I use logic based on the individual circumstance.

I know that may seem weird to some, but I actually look at each transaction as a one off situation, there is no fix all tool.

Edit: This is response to Dirty Dangle, the gap between our posts was bigger than I thought it would be!

Edited by Opie

I guess Detroit needed a little something to instantly rekindle a rivalry with the Leafs :)

And they can add to that if we get Grabo haha

I absolutely hate this signing! Grrrrr! I hope he proves me wrong!
I hear you. It's not that I don't want Alfie as a Wing, I love that idea, even as an old Alfie. But this isn't 2002, there are consequences for every signing. I hate this signing for what it means for our other activity.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'know what? I kinda like this. Really, I do. Kinda.

But only if there are other deals in the pipeline and we're not letting Flip and Brunner go just so we can have a Holy Trinity of Over-the-Hillers in Alfredsson-Bertuzzi-Samuelsson.

And, seriously, if Alfie's in, Danny Boy needs to be out.

Dallas makes a ton of sense for Cleary. They just traded for a young player, he is best friends with Horcoff who was just traded there, and there is familiarity with Jim Nill.

I loved Cleary and wish him the best, but I hope he moves on from the Wings.

Watching some Alfie clips, it's pretty refreshing to see a player that attacks the net, and goes for one timers alot. Please put him on a line with Z and D, if they sign Grabo or Weiss.

Those picks could busted easily. You are using hindsight. You could trade the first overall pick for a current top nhl player instead just like taking alfie over a young unproven brunner.

OK, I would rather pick Seth Jones than sign Alfie, but would rather sign Alfie than get in a bidding war over Brunner.

Better?

whitewolf406 likes this

OK, I would rather pick Seth Jones than sign Alfie, but would rather sign Alfie than get in a bidding war over Brunner.

Better?

Ok to each his own.