Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Never looks bad for the organization when two of the three were wings

#22 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Good for Cheli and Shanny!  Though I don't like the idea that Pat Burns got passed on again.  Kinda sucks.  At least Lindros and Roenick didn't get it.  Thank you for small favors!

Lindros should definitely get in.  Just like Bure, he didn't have a long career, but was brilliant in his peak and influence on the game.    

Cam Neely opened the Pandora's Box.  

More than half of the starting roster will be in. Larionov, Robitaille, Hull, Yzerman, Chelios, and Shanahan are already there. Hasek and Lidstrom are locks in their respective first years of eligibility. Fedorov and Datsyuk are almost sure to make it in also.

And Bowman as well coaching them.  

Don't know about Datsyuk making the Hall of Fame.  Tough to judge current players, because the numbers will look so different for forwards than previous eras with more scoring.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#23 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Screw Lindros. He should never get into the HOF.

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR QUEBEC

Screw off

Oh yeah Forsberg (as much as I hate/d him) ended up being the better player.

#24 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Don't know about Datsyuk making the Hall of Fame.  Tough to judge current players, because the numbers will look so different for forwards than previous eras with more scoring.  

He's one of the best defensive forwards in the game's history, one of its most skilled players ever, and almost indisputably the best stickhandler in the game's history. When a player spawns an adjective for his degree of aptitude (Datsyukian), it's a pretty good sign. More, he has a "wow" effect on the fans that very, very few players have had. People love to watch him play. Finally, he has that quality most important in receiving the highest honors: uniqueness.

If he continues to play well for the next four seasons, he'll get in.

Screw off

Forsberg has better odds than Lindros.

Edited by Crymson, 09 July 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#25 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Forsberg has better odds than Lindros.

I definitely agree with you.

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Lindros at his peak was better than Forsberg in his.  Forsberg was always a pass first guy, while Lindros could score goals as well as assists, and was a physical nightmare for teams to play against.  He could also beat enforcers in fights, if it came down to it. 

Unfortunately, Lindros never had a Roy, Sakic, Bourque, Foote or Blake on his team, so he never had the kind of team success.  But he was more of a franchise player than Forsberg.      

BTW, they'll both get in.  Forsberg will indeed get in first, because of the team successes.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 09 July 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#27 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

You really meant Scott Needavacation?

You're right.  I was thinking of Rob.

:P

Scott deserves it.  I just can't bring myself to laud a DevilDuck in the same breath as Cheli and Shanny.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#28 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Unfortunately, Lindros never had a Roy, Sakic, Bourque, Foote or Blake on his team, so he never had the kind of team success.  But he was more of a franchise player than Forsberg.      

Because Lindros didn't want to play for Quebec.

Shi** happens. Of course he didn't know that Roy would have gotten traded to the Avs and whoever else.

Not really the point.

Lindros was a whiner.

Can't remember really but someone said that Lindros's first concussion came from Rod Brind'Amour after he caught Lindros screwing his wife.

Then Brind'Amour asked for a trade and got traded to the Hurricanes

Rod Brind'Amour ended up winning the cup and rightfully so.

SCREW LINDROS SCUMBAG

I hope Lindros never makes the HOF.

Definition of a classless act if there ever was one on and off the ice.

Douchebag

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Shi** happens. Of course he didn't know that Roy would have gotten traded to the Avs and whoever else.

Not really the point.

Lindros was a whiner.

Can't remember really but someone said that Lindros's first concussion came from Rod Brind'Amour after he caught Lindros screwing his wife.

SCREW LINDROS SCUMBAG

Douchebag

Ha.

You know how many posters here think Forsberg was a classless act?  Guy was a diver, whiner and could never make up his mind about retiring and coming back, joining teams in the middle of the playoff picture, etc.  He was a coward that acted tougher than he was and embellished every play to draw penalties.  Way worse than Crosby.   

He's a despised player around NHL circles as well.  

Oh, BTW, Shanahan (the guy that just made the HOF) had an affair with Craig Janney's wife, so you may not want to bring up Lindros there.  It's poor salesmanship.  

#30 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Ha.

You know how many posters here think Forsberg was a classless act?  Guy was a diver, whiner and could never make up his mind about retiring and coming back, joining teams in the middle of the playoff picture, etc.  He was a coward that acted tougher than he was and embellished every play to draw penalties.  Way worse than Crosby.   

He's a despised player around NHL circles as well.  

Oh, BTW, Shanahan (the guy that just made the HOF) had an affair with Craig Janney's wife, so you may not want to bring up Lindros there.  It's poor salesmanship.  

Imagine the #1 overall pick drafted by a team and saying that he didn't want to play for them. That speaks mad volume to me a fan and follower of the game. Hmmmmmmm

Sorry to disappoint you but coming from a die hard Wings fan as you are I assume. I hated Forsberg however he got the job done. Pest to play against.

Forsberg > Lindros

I don't care what the career numbers were.

I go by Cups.

Last time I checked Forsberg had how many?

Lindros how many?

Case in point.

I'm done with this see ya :D

I forgot to add didn't Lindros career end from too many concussions?

Did you miss that point about him getting knocked out by Rod Brind'Amour for maybe his first off the ice?

I don't care who Shanny was screwing if you would have read my post Rod Brind'Amour he has his name on the Cup.

Janney? No. Did he ask for a trade? Did he get drafted #1 overall and ask for a trade cause he was a whiner?

Your character on this forum is bogus and I don't buy into it.

Proof in the pudding that YOU think Lindros should make the HOF.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 09 July 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#31 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think both Fedorov and Datsyuk are long shots for the HOF.  The numbers just aren't there.  All the slick moves in the world are great, but what counts most with these things are numbers and how they compare to others. 

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Imagine the #1 overall pick drafted by a team and saying that he didn't want to play for them. That speaks mad volume to me a fan and follower of the game. Hmmmmmmm

Sorry to disappoint you but coming from a die hard Wings fan as you are I assume. I hated Forsberg however he got the job done. Pest to play against.

Forsberg > Lindros

I don't care what the career numbers were.

I go by Cups.

Last time I checked Forsberg had how many?

Lindros how many?

Case in point.

I'm done with this see ya :D

I explained in my original post about Forsberg vs. Lindros, why Forsberg had more Cups.  He played for a better franchise with better talent around him.  He had a goalie like Patrick Roy for starters.  

Who won how many Cups is not a great way to tell which player is better than another.  

I think both Fedorov and Datsyuk are long shots for the HOF.  The numbers just aren't there.  All the slick moves in the world are great, but what counts most with these things are numbers and how they compare to others. 

Why wouldn't Fedorov get in, but Bure and Cam Neely did?

Or for that matter, a player I love like Clark Gillies.  Why would he get in, but not Fedorov?   

#33 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Not really the point.

Lindros was a whiner.

SCREW LINDROS SCUMBAG

Douchebag

Something tells me that you would never say these things to his face.

And it does not matter what you think about about Lindros personally. Lindros was a great player, a beast in his prime. If Cam Neely is in, then Lindros should be in too. I have no problem with his not getting in this year, but down the road, he more than deserves to be inducted into the HOF. 

#34 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

...He could also beat enforcers in fights, if it came down to it...

A hockey player that got beat up by a figure skater may not be elected to the HOF. I think it is in the by-laws. :P

#35 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Something tells me that you would never say these things to his face.

I'll tell it to anyone's face.

Is that a challenge? lol

Lindros was a good player who's career ended early but with all his "drama"

No thanks. My vote if I had one says he shouldn't get in.

People on here keep missing the fact he chose NOT TO GO TO QUEBEC EVENTUALLY THE AVS.

And you wonder why his team around him wasn't good? Hell they made it in 97 didn't they? What was Lindros's line again the LEGION OF DOOM LOLOL.

It baffles me some peoples arguments on this forum.

Coming from Wings fans of course it's surprising to say the least....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 09 July 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#36 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Lindros wouldn't go to the Soo either, after going #1 overall. The trade from the Soo to Oshawa landed the Soo enough decent players to win the Memorial Cup.

Lindros' parents were the evil hockey parents that give minor hockey a bad name.

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Who cares where he chose to go or not?  That doesn't affect HOF voting, unless only people from Quebec can vote.    

If you don't like him, that's fine, but that doesn't disregard the great career he had and the HOF precedents set before that should allow him to get in.  There's plenty of guys in the HOF that I don't like either.   

• Nev likes this

#38 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'll tell it to anyone's face.

Is that a challenge? lol

Lindros was a good player who's career ended early but with all his "drama"

No thanks. My vote if I had one says he shouldn't get in.

People on here keep missing the fact he chose NOT TO GO TO QUEBEC EVENTUALLY THE AVS.

And you wonder why his team around him wasn't good? Hell they made it in 97 didn't they? What was Lindros's line again the LEGION OF DOOM LOLOL.

It baffles me some peoples arguments on this forum.

Coming from Wings fans of course it's surprising to say the least....

"drama"?. What does the "drama" have to do with the HOF? He didn't cheat and he didn't kill anyone. On the ice, when healthy, Lindros was one of the best players in the world. 'nuff said.

#39 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Who cares where he chose to go or not?  That doesn't affect HOF voting, unless only people from Quebec can vote.    

If you don't like him, that's fine, but that doesn't disregard the great career he had and the HOF precedents set before that should allow him to get in.  There's plenty of guys in the HOF that I don't like either.   

I wouldn't necessarily say that.  Given the criteria for selection, there may be a fair amount of voters that may hold some of his behavior against him.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Janney situation in St Louis & his public campaign to get out of Hartford played a part in Shanny not getting the required 75% on his first ballot last year.

BASIS OF SELECTION OF CANDIDATES

Candidates for election as Honoured Members in the player category shall be chosen on the basis of their playing ability, sportsmanship, character and their contribution to their team or teams and to the game of hockey in general.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#40 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Screw off

I heard a rumor Forsberg was going to try and return for a return to the NHL and the Olympics.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012