• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wings87

Retaliation

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

i certainly have no problem with that, i just think that in todays salary cap environment, combined with the dwindling number of players available that can be tough and skate a regular shift, that its become pretty tough to put together a winning team that is also tough. boston certainly is a good example. but they have that as their base. i think it would be hard to shift midstream for the wings because that is not the type of team they have built.

Boston is a great example of a team that balances out incredibly well in this cap era, they have high end talent, grinders, defensive studs, young guys, great two way play, and the toughness and grit guys like Thornton and Campbell add.

They are one of the best teams in the league, not because of anyone of those attributes, but instead because of the sum of all those parts.

I agree 100% for Detroit to shift to that it would be a good deal of tinkering.

But looking at the contracts being shed this offseason, the transition may not be as long away as it looks from this point!

i don't tell my Bruins Fan Friends this, but I do believe they have one of, if not, the most well rounded and deep teams in the league.

Edited by Opie

@ dobbles...

I agree that the salary cap can play a role as to who we have on our roster...Looking at who the Wings have drafted over the past several plus years - there's an emphasis on skill over anything else...That said - it's hard to believe that our current GM has been with the club since the 80's in some way, or another...All those years with so many ruff & tumble types on the roster, and look what we have now.

@ Opie...

It's why I find the Bruins to a fun team to watch...They remind me of our beloved Red Wings circa 1997/1998.

Teams dont try and be over physical with the Wings anymore even though it never worked in the first place. Most teams now can match out outmatch the Wings in skill and that's how they beat them.

@ GoalieManPat...

It'll be interesting to see how we fare in the playoffs...Me thinks our opponents will use their physical prowess, and the usual refs letting things go to their advantage.

EDIT - meaning now that we're in the Eastern Conference.

Edited by F.Michael

FWIW, Ott is supposed to be available from BUffalo. We'd have to give up either Quincey or Sammy to fit him under the cap - when I say give up, I mean make Buffalo take them - plus the usual picks/prospects. Doubt KH would be willing to give up a 1st for anybody after getting his fingers burned with Quincey.

Uncle Gary says: "The fans don't want retaliation. There's no money to be made in that. What fans want is more outdoor games".

It was fun when there was one outdoor game a year. Now they may as well play every game outside.

F.Michael and BadgerBob like this

Rosehill in the lineup tonight for Philly. I thought tough guys don't play against the Wings?

esteef

I wonder if that altercation (ok - it was a shove) with Ronaldo at the end of the game had anything to do with Helm's injured shoulder ;)