• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Muslims targeting Sochi :(

Rate this topic

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/21/22382939-sochi-olympics-terrorism-threat-two-more-black-widow-suspects-identified?lite

after reading this story, I hope some of the nations are pulling their participation. Why risk your life for just two weeks I know it sucks for the Olympics, but the IOC should have picked a safer city.

This already has made the rounds with TSN insiders, do you think the NHL or NHLPA will step in at some point ? First I was worried about the atlethes because of the KGB, but now I'm worried because of Russia + Muslims.

tldr: don't risk it there will be another tournament in 4 years its not worth it.

If I'm an athlete (especially from the western hemisphere), there is no chance I go over there with all that has transpired in the past month or so. Who knows how reliable their anti terror forces are over there. It might be harder for certain sports like swimming, bobsled, and curling where this is their main event, but I don't see how it's worth taking the chance.

If I'm an athlete (especially from the western hemisphere), there is no chance I go over there with all that has transpired in the past month or so. Who knows how reliable their anti terror forces are over there. It might be harder for certain sports like swimming, bobsled, and curling where this is their main event, but I don't see how it's worth taking the chance.

Exactly my point, its just not worth it. Maybe Russia has the security maybe not, having groups already targeting the event is a big red flag and if I were an atlethe it would put the fear of god into me. Like I said I hope the NHL NHLPA is stepping in and removes the players, even if there is a 1 % chance of something horrible happening don't take it.