I'm thinking of going to the game vs the Lightning on 2/8/14 but have never been to the Forum and had a few questions for any of you who may have been there:
1.) From Lightning fans I hear there is no bad seat, but any suggestions?
2.) Can fans go near ice level to watch the warm ups even if their seat is not down there (like at the Joe)?
3.) Any suggestions for parking?
4.) Do you know where the Red Wings stay and is there a spot to catch them for autographs near the arena?
5.) Any other suggestions for my visit?
Thanks in advance!
If you decide to go, I'll see you there, as will about 10,000 other Wings fans, many of whom I'm sure lurk about these boards.
1) I've been to several games at the Forum, you heard correctly, there are no bad seats. I'm too cheap to try to get lower-bowl seats, but every section I've sat in at the terrace level has had great sight lines.
2) They check tickets before you can go down the steps for the lower bowl, so unless your tickets are in the 100's I'd guess probably no ice level for warmups.
3) Expect to pay about $10, plenty of places to park within 15 minutes walking distance from the arena, well lit streets with plenty of police presence, locals are pretty friendly towards visiting fans, never had a single issue.
4) Don't know, but closest hotels are Marriott Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center, and Westin Harbor Island, probably one of them.
5) The Channel District has lots of decent restaurants, can't speak to the bars/nightlife since I don't drink, but check out the these links for more info
Hope to see you (and a healthier Red Wings lineup) there, I'm in section 322, I'll be wearing my black Wings sweater, my very pregnant wife will be wearing a red Yzerman sweater, and my son will be wearing the road white