• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

NHL 14

Rate this topic

That's what it's usually like for EA sports games afaik. I could be wrong but I believe I read before that EA has a 3-5 year plan on what to do/improve for that future sports title. I personally don't like it, since the changes are for the most part minor, and you're pretty much paying $60 for roster updates. But on the other hand, I guess it makes sense to release a new title for each new season.

Guest RyaN_84

yeah I'm not getting it this year. As someone mentioned with so many other good games coming out (GTA V, Saints Row IV and others) i think I'm gonna skip getting it this year.

One minor thing they haven't updated in a couple years is the Create A Team. It's been the same format over and over. Not to mention the same Logos and Jersey designs , and when you finish creating the team the logo was in black and white, no matter what colours you used!

I know it's not a major part of the game but still , come on! I liked creating a new team. :)

I'm 33-6-1 online. I've had game where I outshot the other guy 30-9 and get shutout, and a game to where no one scored until the last 30 seconds. My biggest complaint would be my player will lose the puck if they are slightly bumped, but I can run full steam ahead into my opponent and with no effect. Also the stupid AI going offside on every rush. To me the only skill that seems really necessary is being able to avoid the hits, cause that is how people play defense 90% of the time.

Guest mjtm77

I don't eve play much anymore and that's coming from a guy who had over 300 online games last year. EA just kinda s*** the bed bad. gameplay, menus, gm connected went down hill. ect

just a lazy attempt thank god xbox 1 comes out soon.

I didn't buy it this year. Because of the nature of each release (small updates), I don't generally buy every year. But it seems like this year NHL 14 really flew under the radar. No hype, I actually forgot about it until a week after it came out and someone mentioned it to me, and I haven't heard anything else about it since.

Maybe I'll pick it up next year, but it takes me so very, very long to get through a season or two in NHL 13 (or whatever year I'm playing) that I hardly get my money out of it before a new one comes out.

Guys I run an xbox 360 GM Connected league and we are looking for a few more people to sign up for the waiting list. Right now the league is full but there are openings coming up soon, it's 100% human controlled with 30 league members, simulation rules so there is no cheese scoring or excessive hitting, and it's a pretty big, active, and fun community.

If you are interested check us out at nychl.net or send me a forum PM here for more information. We are always looking for clean and competitive players.

I pretty much only play Club/OTP outside of the GM Connected league I run. My EASHL skater is RD, 94 goals 343 assists +117 in 507 games. Legend 3 card, I only play defense.

We're in rare company! I absolutely love defense, and while I'm kinda forced to play center in club games, the past month or two I'd force my friends to play center so I can enjoy the intricacies of shutting down the opposing team. Also, when no club mates are on, playing D was the only sure-fire win for me in team lobbies or drop-ins for easily getting to legend.

Lately though, as in the past week lately, I started to try out goalie and I'm loving that as well. It's a much different challenge that I'd like to get better at to make it even more enjoyable.

I guess I just really like keeping the puck out of the net more than I do scoring points.

Does anyone play in any organized leagues like League Gaming or VHL?

I joined the LG sixes league a few weeks ago and it's a lot of fun. I'm playing for the Oshawa Generals CHL team right now at the RD position. I've put up 13 points in my first 6 games and we are about to head to the playoffs.

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php

Give it a look, you really only have to commit to 3 night games per week, they do 2 games each night Sunday-Wednesday and one game on Thursday. You can sign up for when you are available to play and your GM will schedule you in. Good community if you land on the right team, and it's easy to get traded elsewhere if you don't like the people you are playing with.

I wanted to add on to what I posted above. This season I am the GM of a CHL team in League Gaming. It's full OTP style, 6 vs 6 with no AI involvement. It's an insanely organized and massive league with three tiers, CHL, AHL, and NHL depending on skill and experience.

I am in the process of scouting to build my team for this season, we are looking for 20 forwards, 8 defenders, and 3 goalies. If you enjoy the Club/EASHL/OTP game mode and are looking for a good organized league to join, this is definitely the one. You only have to commit to 3 games per week, games are generally 8PM and 9PM Sunday through Thursday. You can even commit to just one or two games per week if that is what your schedule allows for.

I wanted to put the word out, encourage people to check out the league and if you decide to sign up for this season i'll give you a good look and try to draft you to my squad. Last year we made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, and it was a lot of fun getting there. Its all free, registration is quick and the season begins in about three weeks. Give it a look, if you are sick of playing drop-in with a ton of quitters and want a true 6's league then check out the link.

http://www.leaguegaming.com

LGCHL is the league I am part of.