Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2/26 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 1 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#61 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

It should be:

Gus- Pav- Bert

Franzen- Sheahan- Tatar

Alfie- Helm- Abby

Eaves- Glendening- Miller

With Franzen coming back I think Jurco and Andersson should be scratched not Eaves and Glendening.

I agree with Glendening being in the lineup, but I'd keeo Jurco in cause he's creating offence and that line has crazy chemistry. Tuzzi should be out and Glendening in centering the 4th line.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#62 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

The line of Mule-Helm-Tatar gave LGW hope earlier in the year when there wasn't much.
Dats likes Abs cause of his forecheck. And his offensive skills keep improving. He's a guy that the other guys want to play with cause his work ethic is contagious.

I only sit Jurco because before Franzen got hurt he was lighting it up playing with Tatar.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#63 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

I only sit Jurco because before Franzen got hurt he was lighting it up playing with Tatar.

so, franzen datsyuk tatar

nyquist helm alfie

abby sheahan jurco

miller andy eaves

#64 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

nyquist helm alfie
abby sheahan jurco
miller andy eaves

I can get behind that. Although would rather have Sheahan centering the 2nd line.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#65 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Ugh I wanted to see Sproul play....  :glare:

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#66 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Ugh I wanted to see Sproul play....  :glare:

not on hollands watch  :ninja:

#67 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

nyquist helm alfie

abby sheahan jurco

miller andy eaves

Nyquist and Helm's speed together would be quite the handful.

I'd still keep Jurco on the 4th line over Tuzzi.  Tuzzi is just too slow and broken now.  Jurco can work on his defensive game in that case in a shutdown role.  He's got the physical play to do it, he just needs some coaching on positioning and he's good to go.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#68 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

i thought babcock was finally getting over his veteran deadweight syndrome, but it's making an ugly return

#69 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Nyquist and Helm's speed together would be quite the handful.

I'd still keep Jurco on the 4th line over Tuzzi.  Tuzzi is just too slow and broken now.  Jurco can work on his defensive game in that case in a shutdown role.  He's got the physical play to do it, he just needs some coaching on positioning and he's good to go.

It might be better to play Eaves on the fourth line and send Juro down. I just think his development will suffer playing with Bert on the fourth line.

#70 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Nyquist - Dats - Abdelkader (babs likes the big body)

Franzen - Helm - Alfredsson

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Eaves

That is who I would start based on recent performances. Soon enough Weiss comes in and takes a spot on the 4th to get going.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#71 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Nyquist - Dats - Abdelkader (babs likes the big body)

Franzen - Helm - Alfredsson

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Eaves

That is who I would start based on recent performances. Soon enough Weiss comes in and takes a spot on the 4th to get going.

Completely agree. That first line was clicking great with Z centering it, so the logical move would be just to slot Pav there instead now. Bertuzzi is done. He shouldn't be getting another 'final shot' with 24 games remaining in an extremely tight playoff race. What's next another crack at it for Cleary too? Just don't understand why the Wings can't cut ties completely with the dead weight. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#72 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Any of my fellow Canadians know where I can get a live stream for TSN that isnt made up of 15 pixels?

Unfortunately my 180$ subscription to NHL gamecenter doesn't allow me to watch these games

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#73 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Bertuzzi is a proud guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he said something to Babcock and this is his last chance

#74 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Any of my fellow Canadians know where I can get a live stream for TSN that isnt made up of 15 pixels?

Unfortunately my 180$ subscription to NHL gamecenter doesn't allow me to watch these games

That is why you use HockeyStreams. I had the same issues a couple years ago and I switched because of it. Plus I pay half the price for the same thing.

#75 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

It might be better to play Eaves on the fourth line and send Juro down. I just think his development will suffer playing with Bert on the fourth line.

I said in place of Tuzzi on the 4th line, when he and Nyquist trade spots 2 shifts into the game.

You don't have cable?

#76 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

I AM SO EXCITED FOR RED WING HOCKEY

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#77 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Bertuzzi is a proud guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he said something to Babcock and this is his last chance

I have a feeling that Tuzzi's been out of the line up, or skating slower than sludge when in the line up due to his back issues that have been ailing him for a couple years now.  I've always been a fan of his, and when his game is on, he's quite useful, but I think he's on his last legs and will likely be hangin' em up after this year due to physical incapabilities as of late.

#78 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

I said in place of Tuzzi on the 4th line, when he and Nyquist trade spots 2 shifts into the game.

You don't have cable?

I never had cable until I moved back to Michigan. I hate TV, with the exception of hockey. While away from Michigan I just used Game Center, which I loved for a lot of reasons, but the games are blacked out now and I had to get cable just for the wings.

#79 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

LGW!

#80 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts