• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mvanpop

Sami Salo a good option for wings?

Rate this topic

I'm wondering if the wings should sign Sami Salo. He's a right handed shot and didn't have a half bad season for his age. It might be a good idea to sign him for a year if possible and because then we can have just one more year for Sproul and Ouellet to develop.

I just don't see the point in signing a rental veteran Dman at this point, especially since we signed quincey again.

The only thing that would have been a good signing is a Dman such as Erhoff or Niskanen that can improve the team now and in the future. Because that wasn't possible, we should have just stayed put and went with what we have. Signing Salo might help us make the 8th seed again, but it doesnt allow any of the rookies to get any playing time.

IF we were to be fortunate enough to rid of Kindl/Lash then a vet such as Salo would be great. But who is Holland to cut dead weight?

No, no, no... The last thing we need to do is panic and sign an over the hill, injury prone, small defenseman blocking a young guy from ice time... So I fully expect him to be signed by the end of the week...

Edited by MasterPavel

Salo would fit right in. Probably would be injured along with the rest of the crew by the second week of the season.

Would rather just roll with Sproul.

Salo is actually what Sproul may turn into.... Hard shot RH Dman