• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

captain2005

Goalie Battle

Rate this topic

Mid February through the first part of April. Check the calendar, that's 6 weeks. Closer to 7 now. 15 games, pulled in 5 of them, 13 games with a save % .92 or less.

That's more than a few games.

Not every game in that span has been bad, nor did he play bad in all the games where his stats have been bad. He's been pulled 4 times, though I don't think he was really bad in all of them.

Not every game in that span has been bad, nor did he play bad in all the games where his stats have been bad. He's been pulled 4 times, though I don't think he was really bad in all of them.

He was on and off basically. Which might have been ok a month ago but likely not with 5 games left. I said it before- had this situation been earlier in the season I would not have minded Mrazek just riding it out. But with 5 games left Blash could no longer gamble and had to go with the "slightly" more consistent goalie.

Edited by kickazz

He was on and off basically. Which might have been ok a month ago but likely not with 5 games left. I said it before- had this situation been earlier in the season I would not have minded Mrazek just riding it out. But with 5 games left Blash could no longer gamble and had to go with the "slightly" more consistent goalie.

Sure, I have no problem starting Howard for now. That wasn't the topic of that line of discussion though.

No, he started having problems after his 24th birthday with is Feburary 14th, hardly half the season

? That's four months of outstanding play, two months of crap. That's 2/3rds of the season, way more than half.

He'll be fine. He's young and this is his first full season. People are getting their panties in a wad. Again, our goalies are not the problem....

I think I misunderstood you. I, too, was defending Mrazek.