• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Capfriendly.com starts it's own expansion tool!

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

That's not the way I understood it. In your link it says:

"If any of the 30 teams loses a free agent to Vegas during this 48-hour window, it no longer can lose anyone in the expansion draft. In other words, that free agent lost counts as the one player lost in the expansion draft."

That doesn't specify UFA so I think it would apply to RFAs too. So I think each team can only lose 1 player.

This new information could work in our favour since they could take some free agent like Ott or Miller and that could count as our player lost. And if we decide we're not going to re-sign either Smith or Vanek than they could be taken and it would be no different than losing them to free agency and no additional player taken away.

My bad, you're right. During my first read I stopped at "48 hour window". Thanks for clarifying, I should have read the entire thing.

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Not worried about losing an RFA. It's not like the lay claim to them and that's that. They just get a window to negotiate with them. The RFA still has to agree to a deal. If he doesn't want to go to Vegas, then there's no need to worry about losing him.

Not really. This only applies to RFA's that are left unprotected, so Vegas could still take one in the draft. But I would guess Tatar and AA will be protected anyway, and none of our other RFAs will be taken. 

Probably increases the chance that we lose Smith a little, but I think the odds are pretty good that he'll be gone by next year anyway.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

Not really. This only applies to RFA's that are left unprotected, so Vegas could still take one in the draft. But I would guess Tatar and AA will be protected anyway, and none of our other RFAs will be taken. 

Probably increases the chance that we lose Smith a little, but I think the odds are pretty good that he'll be gone by next year anyway.

Right, what I am saying is, just because they get to contact RFA's for 48 hours, still doesn't mean we'd lose them for sure.  The RFA could just say, no thanks to whatever they offer them. Tatar and AA for sure better be protected! Ouellet is also an RFA.  I'd hate to lose Russo or Paterson as well.

I could see some of our GR RFA's listening to some offers. At least the ones who may be tired of not making it in Detroit.

Lashoff, Jensen, Callahan for example.

What would Vegas want with any of those players? The idea of all these loop holes is to help them become competitive right away. They're certainly not going to have any interest in mid level AHL players. There will be much better players that will be left unprotected.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Right, what I am saying is, just because they get to contact RFA's for 48 hours, still doesn't mean we'd lose them for sure.  The RFA could just say, no thanks to whatever they offer them. Tatar and AA for sure better be protected! Ouellet is also an RFA.  I'd hate to lose Russo or Paterson as well.

I could see some of our GR RFA's listening to some offers. At least the ones who may be tired of not making it in Detroit.

Lashoff, Jensen, Callahan for example.

I was wrong with what I originally wrote. If Vegas signs say Lashoff, that means he becomes their pick. That would be an awful pick. Same goes for Callahan or Jensen.

53 minutes ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

Absolutely love this tool and have spent hours between this site and planmyteam.com although I like this tool a bit better.

I would protect: Nielsen/Tatar/Sheahan/Jurco/Mantha/Anthanasiou/Dekeyser/Sproul/Marchenko/Mrazek

That's only 6, you get one more as you can protect 7 forwards.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Quick protect now available. 

lol on quick protect we are protecting:

Zetterberg, Nielson, Nyquist, Abby, Tatar, Sheahan, Mantha

Green, DD,  Kronwall

Mrazek

People are just picking the biggest names.

Ya, I wondered about that.  I would replace Sheahan with AA and Green with Sproul.

of course I'd like to think that we'd protect Helm instead of Z, but that is not as big of deal as protecting Kronwall over XO. Of course if there are no changes.  If a D is acquired, they would get the protect, but I would hope they'd still protect Sproul over Krownwall...

Edited by LeftWinger

21 hours ago, kliq said:

lol on quick protect we are protecting:

Zetterberg, Nielson, Nyquist, Abby, Tatar, Sheahan, Mantha

Green, DD,  Kronwall

Mrazek

People are just picking the biggest names.

I assume most people outside the more dedicated Wings fans don't know who most of the players are. I'd expect the lists (for all teams) to get more accurate over time. 

Though we don't really have any D besides Dekeyser really worth protecting. Fair chance Green would be taken, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing since our cap situation could be tight next year. Smith I think might be gone regardless. I don't think any of the young guys would be taken over Sheahan or Helm. It's looking like the available D around the league will be much better than the available forwards. I'd protect Sproul anyway, just because we get 3. DD, Sproul, ?... 

Unfortunately it looks like there will be too many good goalies available for Howard to go. 

But a lot can change between now and then.