• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT: Montreal Canadiens at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

On 11/26/2016 at 8:59 PM, chaps80 said:

Shattenkirk is talking with NYR, EDM, ARI. Course DET isn't in.

What do you mean? St. Louis is talking to those teams and are exploring a trade for his expiring contract? If so, good. Detroit should not be looking at rentals right now.

That much I will agree with. 

Are you aware that Larkin is our top goal scorer and is rank 229 in total points as of this morning and is at most 35 th in the 2014-2016 rookies in points scoring for this season??? He needs to improve if we want the Wings to be a contender this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you comparing our leading goal scorer with the league point leaders??? Makes no sense...

My point is that Larkin needs to improve to be our saviour! And here, I am only giving his stats not comparing goals and points. I am not happy to see him rank as # 35 as a rookie (among 2014-2016 rookies) and overall # 229 in points. I believe the club is failing him by not finding suitable linemen.

Larkin isn't going to be our savior, nor should he be expected to be. He's not on the same level as an Yzerman or a McDavid, but if all goes well he will be a very good top line center. He's still only 20 years old. But for this team to be successful, we're going to have to rely on depth and score by committee. I don't see any of our top young players becoming 80+ point players, but I think we could have a few 60+ point players. We're going to need Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, etc. all producing, in order for this team to have any future success. I could really care less about the points our kids are putting up in comparison to the rest of the league. They'll be fine.

3 hours ago, cdjen said:

My point is that Larkin needs to improve to be our saviour! And here, I am only giving his stats not comparing goals and points. I am not happy to see him rank as # 35 as a rookie (among 2014-2016 rookies) and overall # 229 in points. I believe the club is failing him by not finding suitable linemen.

How goals would you like him to have so far? 

How goals would you like him to have so far? 

I have no goals on his goals. I only would like him to improve his aim and learn to crash the goalie or learn how to outplay him. Too often he rushes his shots or misses the nets.

Larkin isn't going to be our savior, nor should he be expected to be. He's not on the same level as an Yzerman or a McDavid, but if all goes well he will be a very good top line center. He's still only 20 years old. But for this team to be successful, we're going to have to rely on depth and score by committee. I don't see any of our top young players becoming 80+ point players, but I think we could have a few 60+ point players. We're going to need Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, etc. all producing, in order for this team to have any future success. I could really care less about the points our kids are putting up in comparison to the rest of the league. They'll be fine.

You're perfectly right. However age as nothing to do with his lack of goals. I believe we have quite a few 20 or 19 at this moment who are performing better than him... they also have better linemen. Most of our present players are third line players. Only a very few would be on the second line on a good team.