• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

Official Expansion Draft/NHL Awards, Crosby love fest thread.

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, kliq said:

If Theodore is as good as what everyone here is saying, I see no reason for LV to trade him. He sounds like the type of kid you build a franchise around.

I agree and yes he is, but the point you alluded to in another thread just now about Athansiou, no player should be "untouchable" and at the right price, any player could be traded. If we offered them say Svechnikov, Hronek and a 2nd, I think we'd at least get their attention. 

I know it's never going to happen though, so whatever. I'm still shocked that Anaheim gave him away for basically nothing. It would suck losing Vatanen, but better him than Theodore in my opinion. Too me it's similar to if we protected all of our forwards, but couldn't protect Nyquist, so we gave Vegas Mantha to not take him...

5 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

Jesus, that's a lot. He better be real close to a sure thing if you're giving up that.

I think he's as close to a sure thing for a 21 year old defenseman. Yeah, it is a lot (may be too much), but I believe that's what it's going to take (over payment) to get an elite talent like Theodore on our blue line.

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree and yes he is, but the point you alluded to in another thread just now about Athansiou, no player should be "untouchable" and at the right price, any player could be traded. If we offered them say Svechnikov, Hronek and a 2nd, I think we'd at least get their attention. 

I know it's never going to happen though, so whatever. I'm still shocked that Anaheim gave him away for basically nothing. It would suck losing Vatanen, but better him than Theodore in my opinion. Too me it's similar to if we protected all of our forwards, but couldn't protect Nyquist, so we gave Vegas Mantha to not take him...

You are right, it all depends on the offer. If I am an expansion team though, I am only making that trade if I am receiving the best player in the trade. I would'd trade for quantity if I am LV. I hope they do it though lol.