• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Big games today...

Rate this topic

A lot of crucial games today to keep an eye on...

Rangers vs Flyers @ 3:00 - We need the Flyers to get at least a point in this game to guarantee the pick from the Mrazek trade moves from a 4th to a 3rd.

Lightning vs Hurricanes @ 7:00 - Lightning need to win this game to guarantee top spot in the East and a first round matchup vs the Devils, Flyers, or Panthers.

Senators vs Bruins @ 7:00 - Bruins need to win this game to have a chance at top spot in the East. They would also have to gain another point on Tampa (either Lighning loss or Bruins win vs Panthers tomorrow).

Canadiens vs Maple Leafs @ 7:00 - We need the Habs to get at least one point in this game to (temporarily) jump us in the standings.

Sabres vs Panthers @ 7:00 - Panthers need to win this game to have a shot at making the playoffs. They would also need the Flyers to lose their afternoon game today in regulation and win their game tomorrow vs the Bruins.

Devils vs Capitals @ 7:00 / Blue Jackets vs Predators @ 8:00 - These two games will determine which team plays the Caps or Pens in the first round. If the Jackets win, they're guaranteed to play 2nd seed Pens rather than top seed Caps. Probably not a good thing...

Blues vs Avalanche @ 9:00 - This is probably the biggest game tonight. Whoever wins gets in (Avs must win in regulation).

Ducks vs Coyotes @ 9:00 / Stars vs Kings @ 10:30 / Wild vs Sharks @ 10:30 - These three games determine who plays who first round. All three California teams can end up anywhere from 2nd seed, 3rd seed to wild card.

Islanders vs Red Wings @ 7:00 - Wings need to lose in regulation, Habs to gain a point and Yotes to gain two to move down to 29th overall (3rd best lottery odds)...

20 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

3rd pick is near. It's 4:0 for the Flyers at the end of the 2nd.

Good thing they are in. I think its safe to say that a 3rd is all we are getting. I cant see Mrazek starting another game, let alone winning 6 and making a run. Also, I just can't see him being re-signed.

32 minutes ago, kliq said:

Good thing they are in. I think its safe to say that a 3rd is all we are getting. I cant see Mrazek starting another game, let alone winning 6 and making a run. Also, I just can't see him being re-signed.

Unfortunately, I agree.

24 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I like the Flyers' chances in a best-of-seven against the Pens or Caps or Jackets or Leafs. Not so sure about the Bolts and Bruins.

Eastern Conference looks sort of wide open, tbh.

Same here, but I dont think Mrazek will be the one in net.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If I'm the Flyers, I dunno if I trust any one of Neuvirth, Mrazek, Elliott more than the other two.

We shall see!

Well today was their biggest game of the year and they went with Elliot and he got a shutout, I think that speak volumes to who they are going to go with in the playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong, but Mrazek really really sucked for them this year:

PLAYER GP W L OTL GAA TOI SV SV% SHO TGA TSA PIM
Michal Neuvirth 22 9 7 3 2.60 1038:43 485 .915 1 45 530 0
Brian Elliott 42 22 11 7 2.73 2462:33 1099 .908 0 112 1211 2
Alex Lyon 11 4 2 1 2.75 479:48 210 .905 0 22 232 0
Petr Mrazek 17 6 6 3 3.22 913:11 401 .891 1 49 450 0

57 minutes ago, Dabura said:

To be clear: I'm sure they'll start with Elliott. But they're going to turn to Mrazek in a moment of desperation and he's going to go on an unholy tear.

I hope it happens!