• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gandhi and MLK both preached love and understanding, even towards ones enemies. I feel pretty confident saying both would probably meet with president Trump if invited to, assuming you believe they'd share DSP's opinion (I'm not confident they would)

Malcolm X was admittedly racist and advocated for segregation of blacks and whites for most of his life. He would probably have more of a problem with DSP... what with playing on a hockey team full of white guys and all.

Didn't the founding fathers all own slaves?

Gandhi was manipulative and starved himself to make a point. Passive aggressive mfer who had balls to use his own life as leverage. He'd still think ya'll are poons. 

What is traditionally the time when you shave the playoff beard?

BTW, anyone want to guess how much longer Tatar's pic is on the LGW front page? I'm guessing 1st week of October.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

jvHEOhG.jpg

I would say that this thread has derailed, but that would be an understatement. It's more like Hiroshima.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Smartest bit in this thread.

Every time you kneel during the anthem, you grow Trumps base. Every time you air an episode of a comedy show that bashes Trump for 30 minutes, you grow Trumps base. Every time you make a simple white house ceremony political by refusing to attend, you grow Trumps base.

What is Trump's base?... Conservative? Racist? That's up to your personal POV, but regardless, these actions feed the beast....

The man ran a campaign (and is still running a campaign) as the "attacked man". The media, the FBI, the republicans, the democrats, according to him they're all out to get him... and the more you pile on the stronger his stance as "the attacked man" becomes.

To me this point should ring true whether you love him or hate him....

Yes, people absolutely cared when Tim Thomas didn't attend and made the whole thing political. What timeline are you living in?

I thought it was really stupid of Thomas at the time, and I think it will be pretty dumb of DSP if he makes the same mistake.

Let's just say I don't care for Obama... However, if Barack Obama invited me to the white house to congratulate me on a championship win, you're goddamn right I'd go. I'd shake his hand, smile for the camera, and exchange pleasantries, because that's what grown adults do. At the end of the day, no matter how much Barry O and I disagree, were both still Americans and we can put personal politics aside to enjoy an afternoon ceremony together. Tim Thomas lacked the maturity to do this, and is therefore IMO a big ol dingus.

If DSP doesn't go, that's his prerogative. I just think the end result will be the exact opposite of what he's trying to achieve.

Image result for you are correct sir gif

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

This is a bad example. Look at the reason why Smith Pelly doesn’t want to go. He thinks the guy is a racist. Obama was disliked for his political perspective not for his personal attack’s on groups of people like in Ts case. You’re comparing apples to oranges. Professional disagreement vs personal vendettas. 

How can Mr. T be racist? Now I am really confused.

Image result for mr. t gif

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If you told someone 10 years ago that Donald Trump and Dennis Rodman would be our negotiating team for nuclear disarmament with Kim Jong Un, you'd be laughed out of the friggin room. But here we are...

For now :lol: :ninja:

On 6/11/2018 at 9:37 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Smartest bit in this thread.

Every time you kneel during the anthem, you grow Trumps base. Every time you air an episode of a comedy show that bashes Trump for 30 minutes, you grow Trumps base. Every time you make a simple white house ceremony political by refusing to attend, you grow Trumps base.

What is Trump's base?... Conservative? Racist? That's up to your personal POV, but regardless, these actions feed the beast....

The man ran a campaign (and is still running a campaign) as the "attacked man". The media, the FBI, the republicans, the democrats, according to him they're all out to get him... and the more you pile on the stronger his stance as "the attacked man" becomes.

To me this point should ring true whether you love him or hate him....

Yes, people absolutely cared when Tim Thomas didn't attend and made the whole thing political. What timeline are you living in?

I thought it was really stupid of Thomas at the time, and I think it will be pretty dumb of DSP if he makes the same mistake.

Let's just say I don't care for Obama... However, if Barack Obama invited me to the white house to congratulate me on a championship win, you're goddamn right I'd go. I'd shake his hand, smile for the camera, and exchange pleasantries, because that's what grown adults do. At the end of the day, no matter how much Barry O and I disagree, were both still Americans and we can put personal politics aside to enjoy an afternoon ceremony together. Tim Thomas lacked the maturity to do this, and is therefore IMO a big ol dingus.

If DSP doesn't go, that's his prerogative. I just think the end result will be the exact opposite of what he's trying to achieve.

So you're saying that it's actually black people's fault that white people are so racist, and if black people want their voices heard they need to learn to do it in a way that protects white people's feelings? That's just so... adorable.

9 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

So you're saying that it's actually black people's fault that white people are so racist, and if black people want their voices heard they need to learn to do it in a way that protects white people's feelings? That's just so... adorable.

Adorable? Nothing about what you just said sounds "adorable" to me, but to each their own I guess... Regardless, no, that is not what I'm saying. In fact, it's not even close. Like you didn't even read it. Perhaps you want to reread and try again?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 minute ago, RobotHeart said:

sock.png

31 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Adorable? Nothing about what you just said sounds "adorable" to me, but to each their own I guess... Regardless, no, that it's not what I'm saying. Perhaps you want to reread and try again?

You're saying that when black people speak out, white people feel attacked and need someone to protect their feelings. Give me a break. Kneeling for the anthem is one of the smartest and most respectful forms of protest that I can think of. And of course, predictably, the right has twisted it into the ultimate slap in our nation's face ever. The mother ******* president of the United states can call black athletes "sons of *******" on national television, and yet when black athletes decline to attend a meeting with him, they are the ones that are being disrespectful and need to learn how to act like professionals. The way that conservatives and evangelicals have embraced and defend this man is so telling, and validates what minorities have been saying about racism in this country for decades.

29 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

sock.png

A sock account is for people to hide their identity. I am very clear and open about who I am.

Edited by RobotHeart

24 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

You're saying that when black people speak out, white people feel attacked and need someone to protect their feelings. Give me a break. Kneeling for the anthem is one of the smartest and most respectful forms of protest that I can think of. And of course, predictably, the right has twisted it into the ultimate slap in our nation's face ever. The mother ******* president of the United states can call black athletes "sons of *******" on national television, and yet when black athletes decline to attend a meeting with him, they are the ones that are being disrespectful and need to learn how to act like professionals. The way that conservatives and evangelicals have embraced and defend this man is so telling, and validates what minorities in this country have been saying about racism for decades.

A sock account is for people to hide their identity. I am very clear and open about who I am.

Right. I call BS.

You wanna roll up your sleeves and really dig in on this issue. But you also know that this is suspension worthy talk. So you create a sock account that you're not afraid to lose. That's my theory anyway. I actually hold a lot of the same values as you I think . It's a shame you won't use your real username to stand by what your saying. 

We all hide our identity with goofy usernames. Being clear on an issue is not the same as being clear about who you are IRL. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans
added bold

4 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

You're saying that when black people speak out, white people feel attacked and need someone to protect their feelings. Give me a break. Kneeling for the anthem is one of the smartest and most respectful forms of protest that I can think of. And of course, predictably, the right has twisted it into the ultimate slap in our nation's face ever. The mother ******* president of the United states can call black athletes "sons of *******" on national television, and yet when black athletes decline to attend a meeting with him, they are the ones that are being disrespectful and need to learn how to act like professionals. The way that conservatives and evangelicals have embraced and defend this man is so telling, and validates what minorities in this country have been saying about racism for decades.

Again, it's like you didn't even read my post.

I didn't even take a stance on kneeling for the anthem... I merely pointed out that when you kneel for the anthem you stoke Trump's base. It doesn't matter how justified or respectful you personally believe kneeling during the anthem to be... stoking Trump's base, that's the end result. The inability to recognize this fact has, IMO, been one of the biggest short-comings of the Left during the past year.

Does this make Trump's base racist? You decide that

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Right. I call BS.

You wanna roll up your sleeves and really dig in on this issue. But you also know that this is suspension worthy talk. So you create a sock account that you're not afraid to lose. That's my theory anyway. I actually hold a lot of the same values as you I think . It's a shame you won't use your real username to stand by what your saying. 

We all hide our identity with goofy usernames. Being clear on an issue is not the same as being clear about who you are IRL. 

I am Bannedforlife. I have been banned for life. I am gone but not forgotten. In my spare time here in the afterlife I like to read about hockey, and I occasionally create new accounts when I want to weigh in on a topic or push Lefty closer to the edge. Nice to meet you.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Again, it's like you didn't even read my post.

I didn't even take a stance on kneeling for the anthem... I merely pointed out that when you kneel for the anthem you stoke Trump's base. It doesn't matter how justified or respectful you personally believe kneeling during the anthem to be... stoking Trump's base, that's the end result. The inability to recognize this fact has, IMO, been one of the biggest short-comings of the Left during the past year.

Does this make Trump's base racist? You decide that

You're advocating the left wait it out and not poke the bear. I believe that was also the Jewish community's approach during Hitler's rise to power.

2 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

I am Bannedforlife. I have been banned for life. I am gone but not forgotten. In my spare time here in the afterlife I like to read about hockey, and I occasionally create new accounts when I want to weigh in on a topic or push Lefty closer to the edge. Nice to meet you.

You're advocating the left wait it out and not poke the bear. I believe that was also the Jewish community's approach during Hitler's rise to power.

Meh. Never heard of you, 

2 minutes ago, RobotHeart said:

How many posts did it take before a Trump/Hitler comparison got made? :lol:

Again, you're extrapolating way too much from my post. I'm not advocating the Left back down, or roll-over and die, I'm saying you've picked the wrong hill to die on. What does DSP not showing up to the white house achieve? I'll tell you what it achieves for Trump... It gives him even more ammo, another thing to point at and say "see, look how disrespectful the left is, kooky DSP won't even accept my friendly invitation and congratulations."

These petty squables/disagreements are killing the left, because you're feeding into Trump's narrative that the Left is petty, biased, and vicious.

I think the smartest thing DSP can do is attend, be cordial and respectful, and use the opportunity to politely show disagreement with the president... maybe even hope to change his mind on something! If the left wants the moral high ground over Trump, that's where it is.