• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

On 5/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, krsmith17 said:

Bold, I disagree with. I don't think Vegas would have taken Nielsen or Abdelkader over Nosek, unless we offered them a pick to go along with it. They wanted cost effective players. They got that with Nosek.

Underlined, I agree with. Some people just want to complain about everything and anything. I'm sure it's somehow Holland's fault that Vegas are a Cup contending team...

Abby is youngish, wears an "A", can play on a scoring line or a checking line and the PP. I think there would have been interest from Vegas even with that contract.

As for Nielsen, they could have seen him as a 2C. Good, 2way , veteran forward. Again, contract aside, its easier to work around contracts when u r bringing everyone at once.

I was sitting mouth agape when the draft was going on, like, why the f*** would Team A, send them this great player, PLUS lose another player that is also good? I thought the rules were that if you trade a player to them that counted as their pick from your team. I am still floored by how that draft went...and now look.

:lol: You would think I was predicting the draft and suggesting those unreasonable deals and picks. What is it you guys say? This is not NHL 18, but for them, yes, yes it was...

Edited by LeftWinger

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Abby is youngish, wears an "A", can play on a scoring line or a checking line and the PP. I think there would have been interest from Vegas even with that contract.

As for Nielsen, they could have seen him as a 2C. Good, 2way , veteran forward. Again, contract aside, its easier to work around contracts when u r bringing everyone at once.

I wouldn't really consider 31 "youngish". I'd actually consider 31 kinda "oldish" in today's NHL, especially considering the style of hockey Abby plays. 

I wish we could have exposed Nielsen and Abdelkader in hopes that Vegas would have taken one of them over Nosek. I highly doubt it would have made any difference in their selection though. We'll never know for sure though, so agree to disagree I guess...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't really consider 31 "youngish". I'd actually consider 31 kinda "oldish" in today's NHL, especially considering the style of hockey Abby plays. 

I wish we could have exposed Nielsen and Abdelkader in hopes that Vegas would have taken one of them over Nosek. I highly doubt it would have made any difference in their selection though. We'll never know for sure though, so agree to disagree I guess...

They didn't take Helm or Nyquist either... maybe Holland had an expansion draft agreement with them, leave our guys alone, take an AHL'r and we'll give you a great deal for Tatar at the TDL....Genius!

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Really? I thought he was 28. LOL

57 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

One thing is certain, and it needs to be said...This is arguably the #1 Cup Finals in which both teams have absolutely f-ugly jerseys.

I always preferred the Capitals' Capitol jerseys. As for Vegas, at least they went with a totally different color scheme than everyone else.

13 hours ago, F.Michael said:

One thing is certain, and it needs to be said...This is arguably the #1 Cup Finals in which both teams have absolutely f-ugly jerseys.

The Capitals best jersey was that blue jersey with the eagle on it. 

Not sure what I think of the Vegas jerseys.  At least the color scheme is unique, I guess.    

41 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That's a Canada Goose. Nyquist is Swedish Goose.

Image result for swedish goose

Is Tatar then Slovak Tuna?

Found this pic of Hossa and Tatar fishing while aimlessly browsing bing images for "Slovak Tuna"

fish-1.jpg

They caught you a delicious bass

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

On 5/31/2018 at 8:23 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is Tatar then Slovak Tuna?

Found this pic of Hossa and Tatar fishing while aimlessly browsing bing images for "Slovak Tuna"

fish-1.jpg

They caught you a delicious bass

How about a Canadian Turgeon?

Image result for canadian sturgeon

Or a Swedish Mule?

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/swedish-mule/#gs.5ya8zKI

Image result for swedish mule

Swedish Beard:

https://www.thelocal.se/20161024/this-is-officially-swedens-most-beautiful-beard

Michigan Lark:

Image result for Michigan Lark

Image result for ben street sign

Swedish Axel:

Image result for volvo axle

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Krsmith's boy Theodore having a bad game. Sort of glad the Wings never traded for him. Seems slow. Both of foot and of mind. 

That was a rough game, but that one game doesn't define him as a player. Far from it. He's had a very solid season / playoff run. 0.5 points per game as a defenseman, still only 22 years old, in his first full season. Of course he's going to make mistakes, but he'll be fine. If we did trade for him, it probably wouldn't have cost a ton, considering Anaheim basically gave him away to Vegas. He'd be one of, if not the best defensemen on the Red Wings today and going forward.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That was a rough game, but that one game doesn't define him as a player. Far from it. He's had a very solid season / playoff run. 0.5 points per game as a defenseman, still only 22 years old, in his first full season. Of course he's going to make mistakes, but he'll be fine. If we did trade for him, it probably wouldn't have cost a ton, considering Anaheim basically gave him away to Vegas. He'd be one of, if not the best defensemen on the Red Wings today and going forward.

I was mostly yankin yer chain. I do think he's a little slow though. 

Sort of reminds me of what Brendan Smith could have been if he wasn't such a lazy dum-dum

Got behind on posting.

Opening Ceremony

AUDIO- Mia Khalifa predicts the Golden Knights win Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals

The Internet Superstar joins Steve Cofield, Adam Hill & Ryan McKinnell to shares her thoughts on the Stanley Cup Finals as her Washington Capitals face off against the Vegas Golden Knights.

Khalifa shares her pick for who will take the Stanley Cup saying, “It will go to a seven game series. Tonight, I think Vegas takes one but the Caps prevail and we will take it.”

Khalifa also weighs in on former Capitals / current Golden Knights star Nate Schmidt, “If Nate Schmidt gets a Stanley Cup my heart will be so happy for him. We loved him so much in Washington.”

Khalifa also explains her mixed feelings about Bryce Harper with him choosing to support of the Golden Knights over the Washington Capitals.

Game 1 Highlights:

Game 2 Highlights:

Game 3 Highlights:

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Been reading about how people had issue with Vegas opening ceremony.

Clearly some people have not been to Las Vegas or understand it's culture. That's how all the shows are over there. Maybe watch a couple of old-time mob movies or something to get an idea of the Vegas culture and it's transition. 

Las Vegas = dramatic.

Always. 

Edited by kickazz

Missed this during the Caps-Lightning Series:

https://www.sportsgossip.com/nhl/mia-khalifa-spotted-falling-out-of-her-top-at-caps-lightning-playoff-game

Also, even more horrible news:

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/05/18/mia-khalifa-took-a-puck-to-the-chest-at-lightning-capitals-game/

She was sitting right on the glass, which, apparently, was on her bucket list. What may not have been, though, was getting hit in the boob by a puck, which she claims happened.

UPDATE: Mia says she might have ruptured her breast implant...that is an unfortunate development.

giphy.gif

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie