• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Is Mike Babcock overrated?

Rate this topic

Is Mike Babcock overrated?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:23 PM, kickazz said:

Had a stacked roster in 2005/06 season as 1st seed team and lost to Edmonton in 6 games (8th seed). 

I still have nightmares about that series lol. It is definitely not the way Yzerman should have went out. To Edmonton's credit they really seemed unstoppable that year in the playoffs (until they lost Roloson in the SCF).

I do not believe Babcock is a bad coach or anything, but he is definitely not the miracle worker he is made out to be.

7 hours ago, aflac9262 said:

I still have nightmares about that series lol. It is definitely not the way Yzerman should have went out. To Edmonton's credit they really seemed unstoppable that year in the playoffs (until they lost Roloson in the SCF).

I do not believe Babcock is a bad coach or anything, but he is definitely not the miracle worker he is made out to be.

More like the miracle worker the Leaf fanbase, and Toronto media made him out to be.

Now both are on him - especially the fans...Some good material over on HF Boards :lol:

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

More like the miracle worker the Leaf fanbase, and Toronto media made him out to be.

Now both are on him - especially the fans...Some good material over on HF Boards :lol:

I remember Babcock’s last year with the Wings,  my friends who are Leafs fans kept saying how “Babcock is going to sign with Leafs and they’ll dominate the league blah blah blah”. And my response was “you guys are in for a disappointment if you get your hopes up that much”

My bet was the Leafs will not win the cup under Babcock’s current contract. I have 4 years left in it. 

Edited by kickazz

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I remember Babcock’s last year with the Wings,  my friends who are Leafs fans kept saying how “Babcock is going to sign with Leafs and they’ll dominate the league blah blah blah”. And my response was “you guys are in for a disappointment if you get your hopes up that much”

My bet was the Leafs will not win the cup under Babcock’s current contract. I have 4 years left in it. 

Unbelievable... I have the same dumb friends that were saying the same dumb things, and no joke, I made that exact same bet with them...

Since then (after last year's elimination), I also made a bet that the Wings will win a Cup before the Leafs... 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Unbelievable... I have the same dumb friends that were saying the same dumb things, and no joke, I made that exact same bet with them...

Since then (after last year's elimination), I also made a bet that the Wings will win a Cup before the Leafs...

I honestly believe the bold will ring true...The Leafs are gonna fall apart unless they can make some moves this summer.

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I honestly believe the bold will ring true...The Leafs are gonna fall apart unless they can make some moves this summer.

Well, if that becomes true, then the other part will as well, because I don't think there's much of a chance that the Wings will win the Cup in the next 4 years. It's possible I suppose, but highly unlikely. How amazing would that be though, to rub in the faces of Leafs Nation... :lol: