• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/14 [insert title] GDT - Red Wings @ Islanders - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Despite the score Yzerman watched his team from from the executive box patiently. Emotionless. His gaze never breaking from the ice.

Colleagues shirked from his side, not wanting to break his concentration or spark the capped rage they knew must be swelling in him at this moment. No one spoke for a good deal of time.

Finally, Patrick Verbeek - considered by Yzerman to be the single man of honor remaining in the room - broke the tension.

"Steve... Do you want me to have Katie bar the door?" He said in a flatly serious tone.

The other scouts and executives in the box exchanged nervous glances, but after a smirk and a punctuated chuckle Steve responded in a smooth calm tone.

"I know what you're trying to do Beeker. It's okay, I'm fine. The team is fine. We all knew what we signed up for this season. I'm not even keeping track of the score, I just want to watch the boys play tonight. Really, it's okay. Everyone just relax and take this opportunity to study the team a bit, okay?"

A wave of relief swept over the room. The scouts and other executives were again admired by just how even keel this Yzerman fellow was. Everyone returned to watching the game calmly.

"LOSERS are in here" Yzerman thought to himself, "If they helped build a team of LOSERS there's definitely LOSERS in this very room as well... LOSERS could be anywhere".

The smell of cooking hot dogs from the stadium below soothed him for a moment.

"I HATE LOSERS" he thought.

Cotton Eye Joe began to play from the nearby jumbotron. A favorite stadium tune of his from his later playing years. He closed his eyes and enjoyed it for a brief moment before standing from his seat to head to the lockerroom. The game would be ending shortly.

Yzerman met Jeff Blashill just outside the dressing room. As soon as Jeff saw him the coaches face took on a worried look and tears began welling up in his eyes. The GM embraced his coach and immediately assured him that everything was fine. He had a plan. A blockbuster January trade already in the works... But it was at that moment that Yzerman heard from the dressing room the worst words a GM can ever here...

"Lets enjoy the time off tonight eh boys?"

Yzerman immediately froze. His entire body going more still than Martin Havlat after a Kronwalling. He recognized the voice... Larkin.

Then his blood began to boil.

"TIME OFF?" he said, entering the room. "TIME OFF???"

Larkin and the rest of the players appeared stunned and confused by his sudden presence.

"LISTEN TO ME, YOU LAZY SUCK, I IN 54 YEARS HAVE NEVER TAKEN TIME OFF! I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN THREE DAYS TRYING TO GRINDOUT A MASSIVE JANUARY TRADE TO FIX THIS GOD FORSAKEN TEAM. AND TIMEOV ISN'T ANY RUSSIAN PLAYER I'VE EVER HEARD OF."

Larkin was shaking now.

"Muh muh mis... mister Y, It's NYC, I j-j-just thought it would help team morale right now is all"

But it was too late for excuses. Yzerman had ******* lost it.

Removing his favorite executive fountain pen - the one his daughters had gifted to him on his birthday a few years back - from his scouting journal, he began maiming Larkins scummy punk face with it. The other players were terrified and frozen. After a few seconds the players started screaming for the trainers to help. While Yzerman continued to stab Larkin's cute boyish cheeks repeatedly, Abdelkader finally found one of the medical staff and told them what was happening in the locker room.

"Well, that's just how Stevie is before hes had his coffee on Tuesdays" the trainer said with a smile, turning towards the camera and making that patented sitcom cue-the-laugh track shrug.

Then the Full House outro theme humorously began playing

Anyway, that's at least the closest thing I can imagine as to the conversation they're having in the locker room right now.

Wow, you should be an author! Can you please write more stories during the games, they are much more entertaining than watching the game! This is great!!!!!